STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Sword2012 Today at 14:39

» Dead City stash
by pchester Today at 10:17

» Limansk Basement
by pchester Yesterday at 12:08

» Isomorphic Teleport
by pchester Sat 9 Dec 2017 - 23:03

» Who is, and where I can find Rabinowitz?
by Arthoryum Sat 9 Dec 2017 - 11:59

» Finished Radar collector ....and now ?
by pchester Sat 9 Dec 2017 - 10:08

» A good early to midgame suit
by sjohnson Sat 9 Dec 2017 - 5:05

» upcoming patch
by pchester Fri 8 Dec 2017 - 17:26

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Arthoryum

Sword2012

pchester

Statistics
We have 288 registered users
The newest registered user is Teralion

Our users have posted a total of 3338 messages in 338 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

chucksar

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

The '100 Rads' bar...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 20:43

Quote :
Intel i7-7700
Nvidia GTX 1070
16GB Ram

Pretty sure, my specs aren't the problem

Good specs. Try these:
1. Turn off "log output" in Stalkersoup-Game Manager-Launch Options-Log Output.
2. As Sword advised, turn grass density as low as possible. To get this setting to persist, you must turn the slider down, apply, return to the game, save, quit the game, (not necessary to exit game), and load the last save. Check grass density slider again to confirm. This is one of the most intensive graphics settings.
3. If you have a 60 Hz monitor, set frame rate limit to 59 fps. This can be done with MSI Afterburner, or RivaTuner.

Good luck. Some levels will have hitches anyway, even with optimized settings.
Back to top Go down
chucksar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 15:33

On my latest game I decided to make an early run through the secret door in the sarcophagus and into the o-consciousness room. I did this before I finished all of Kostya's cache quests and I think by doing that I've broken that quest line. The last successful quest i dd for him was to get the backpack in radar. When I brought that back, he talked about the combo for the door in X10 but never gave me the quest to retrieve the cache there. I've been thru X10 numerous times but the teleport maze never appears. My guess is that finishing the secret door/O-consciousness may close down certain quest lines. I could probably get it restarted with an info portion, but I'm trying to play it through, living with the stupidity of my choices (as long as tey aren't game-breaking). Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 18:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
On my latest game I decided to make an early run through the secret door in the sarcophagus and into the o-consciousness room.  I did this before I finished all of Kostya's cache quests and I think by doing that I've broken that quest line.  The last successful quest i dd for him was to get the backpack in radar.  When I brought that back, he talked about the combo for the door in X10 but never gave me the quest to retrieve the cache there.  I've been thru X10 numerous times but the teleport maze never appears.  My guess is that finishing the secret door/O-consciousness may close down certain quest lines. I could probably get it restarted with an info portion, but I'm trying to play it through, living with the stupidity of my choices (as long as tey aren't game-breaking).  Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Yes, it has certainly happened to me, and I suspect to most others here. Unfortunately it is very easy to break missions by using glitches or cheats to go places you aren't supposed to visit until later ... but it is very tempting when you enjoy exploring new areas!

Having said that, I don't think getting past the O-Consciousness door early should affect Kostya's caches. Kostya is pretty much a separate, stand-alone quest-line. It is possible that you missed a step somewhere and the mission isn't ready to trigger yet, but if you gave him the three PDAs and he told you the code numbers, the mission should follow.
Back to top Go down
chucksar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 19:08

yeah I guess I'll keep stopping by Kostya and talking to him to see if it eventually opens up.I'm just starting the heart of the poltergeist quest line and also the Fang/Red Forest hunters documents. The only other thing that I think I might've done was to Esc out of the conversation with Kostya instead of 'See you...'. Don't know if that would have broken the progression or not.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 11:10

The only other thing that I think I might've done was to Esc out of the conversation with Kostya instead of 'See you...'. Don't know if that would have broken the progression or not.

I don't think ESC-ing out would prevent the task from appearing. I have just replayed that section to remind myself. Here is a screenshot of the dialogue when handing in the Radar cache:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tried exiting the correct way with "See you" and also by using ESC, and both times I got the task to "Find the hiding place in Lab X-10". I then jumped to X-10 and the teleports were working.

Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 9:52

How i can resolve the Playboy quest Iventsov or something like that give me... ?, also, the mission that one of the guys that are in the part we can't enter of the Bar give me 'cause the flask of Petrenko... how i can make that mission too... ? The descriptions aren't very good... scratch

Edit: The entrance to Radar is clear, i'm... a little scared to put a foot in there... especially if we talk of X-10, the ambush the Monolith do to Strelok when this one deactivate the Brain Scorcher is pure hell... !!!

Kostya Mission is very near of completition... i have to search in Radar, and Akim i only have to buy or take the Skat-10 from Adrenalin or the commander at Agroprom, wich... how many vodkas should i give to Kuznetsov to make able to have the Skat-10?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 10:21

How i can resolve the Playboy quest Iventsov or something like that give me... ?, also, the mission that one of the guys that are in the part we can't enter of the Bar give me 'cause the flask of Petrenko... how i can make that mission too... ? The descriptions aren't very good... scratch

Ivantsov's Playboy: you can't find this until you meet Syak in Radar. After doing some missions for him he will give you a door code.

Petrenko's flask: Ask Lanky, the technician behind the bar. Do his mission and he will tell you where it is.

(Note: you aren't supposed to meet Petrenko until after the Duty area is open. Fortunately, reaching him early doesn't seem to have any effect on the rest of the game.)
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 11:03

Ivantsov's Playboy: you can't find this until you meet Syak in Radar. After doing some missions for him he will give you a door code.

Petrenko's flask: Ask Lanky, the technician behind the bar. Do his mission and he will tell you where it is.

(Note: you aren't supposed to meet Petrenko until after the Duty area is open. Fortunately, reaching him early doesn't seem to have any effect on the rest of the game.)

That's what i'm saying, what i have to do in the mission Lanky give me... ?, thank you for clarify the things about the Playboy mission, Wink
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 12:19

what i have to do in the mission Lanky give me...?

If I remember right, Lanky wants five Quirks, ten Microcircuits and 50K RU. The Microcircuits are
Spoiler:

When you return with all the items, he will tell you where the flask is.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 14:30

what i have to do in the mission Lanky give me...?

If I remember right, Lanky wants five Quirks, ten Microcircuits and 50K RU. The Microcircuits are
Spoiler:

When you return with all the items, he will tell you where the flask is.

Thank you, pchester! Wink
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 15:11

I'm sorry, guys... it's me again, but... i already scout the area that Lanky say behind the gates at the Duty outpost too much times, but nothing...  i must be truly blind... WHERE IS THE FLASK??????

Sorry, Guys... is just that this missions are kinda stressful!!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:20

I'm sorry, guys... it's me again, but... i already scout the area that Lanky say behind the gates at the Duty outpost too much times, but nothing...  i must be truly blind... WHERE IS THE FLASK??????

Outpost and gate:

Flask behind the gate:
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 7:51

Outpost and gate:

Flask behind the gate:

Really...  affraid ?, i thought it was the Outpost at the entrance of Bar in the Garbage... scratch, anyway, i finally have it and i've talked with Sidoropig, and... really, do i have to find now a Hammer, Screwdriver & Wrench... ?, i mean, some missions are a little bit... problematic, like, only 30k for the problems of finding a F*CKIN' Flask?, 'cause if you don't read the guide or something you'll never guess what you have to do, like the Playboy mission, having to talk with Syak in Radar... ?

Thank you, pchester, really, i appreciate what you did, it's just that some missions are... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 9:46

What's the reward for collecting mutant parts for Akim... ?, i didn't receive anything... No Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 10:54

What's the reward for collecting mutant parts for Akim... ?, i didn't receive anything... No Rolling Eyes

I wondered about this a few games back, so I made some notes before and after. There was no change that I could see - no new items, money, recipes, transitions, etc. ... so AFAIK you don't actually get anything. Probably one of Akim's little jokes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 12:16

I wondered about this a few games back, so I made some notes before and after. There was no change that I could see - no new items, money, recipes, transitions, etc. ... so AFAIK you don't actually get anything. Probably one of Akim's little jokes. Rolling Eyes

So, in essence, what's the point... ?, make me lose time... ?, i'm not angry pchester,  it's just that some of this missions are written by a idiot, it's almost impossible to follow, and then what, lose time as always 'cause there's no even rewards... ?

Anyway, i'm in the location of Gray but there's no one... what should i do now?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 12:58

So, in essence, what's the point... ?, make me lose time... ?, i'm not angry pchester,  it's just that some of this missions are written by a idiot, it's almost impossible to follow, and then what, lose time as always 'cause there's no even rewards... ?

Akim is a smart guy, and is testing you to see if you're trustworthy. After a few more missions you'll receive info from him that'll get you one of the best items in the game...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 13:08

Really...  affraid ?, i thought it was the Outpost at the entrance of Bar in the Garbage... scratch

Thanks for the feedback. The dialogues have been changed to make the location a lot clearer...

We're good like that... Smile
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 13:11

Akim is a smart guy, and is testing you to see if you're trustworthy. After a few more missions you'll receive info from him that'll get you one of the best items in the game...

Thank you, Sword2012, about Ash Gray at the entrance of Yantar?, He's not there...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:38

... about Ash Gray at the entrance of Yantar?, He's not there...

I've never seen seen Ash Grey at Yantar. You rarely see any key figures there, other than Sakharov. I thought AG was around the outskirts of the Army Warehouses. Or was it the Dark Valley? My memory's not what it used to be, but definitely not Yantar...
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:52

... about Ash Gray at the entrance of Yantar?, He's not there...

I've never seen seen Ash Grey at Yantar. You rarely see any key figures there, other than Sakharov. I thought AG was around the outskirts of the Army Warehouses. Or was it the Dark Valley? My memory's not what it used to be, but definitely not Yantar...

There's a "Gray" circle at the exit of the tunnel of fire... it says Ash Gray, don't have any idea what's all about... thanks for the answer!

By the way, here's my Quicksave, i'm very near to the circle, bur there's no one... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers guys!!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:54

Anyway, i'm in the location of Gray but there's no one... what should i do now?

I always assumed that the lack of an actual reward was a bug. I reported it some time ago, but it is probably low priority compared with other things in the fix mix. As with many other side tasks that provide little actual reward, I just do it for completeness.

Regarding Gray, he will appear eventually, but you have to complete other tasks first. Have you spoken to Prapor about
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:57

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question. I thought Arthoryum was asking about the task to bring
Spoiler:

Akim gives that task when you complete the task for the
Spoiler:

He has never offered me another task after that one, and it always feels out of place as his last task. Have I been missing something?
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 15:09

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question. I thought Arthoryum was asking about the task to bring
Spoiler:

Akim gives that task when you complete the task for the
Spoiler:

He has never offered me another task after that one, and it always feels out of place as his last task. Have I been missing something?

No, you're right, i was asking about the mission of bring him every part of common mutants, but... there's no rewards, so i guess that's how it must happen... but the circle of Ash Gray at the entrance of Yantar, that's what have me without any ideas what could it be...
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 15:16

Prapor and the Broken PDA... ?, i ask to the barkeep and he agreed that he and the "technicians" were gonna' fix the PDA that Prapor give me after i give him ten scientific medkits... but the Barkeed tell me then that in the end they broke the PDA that Prapor give me... i mean, a complete mess...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 15:53

Prapor and the Broken PDA... ?, i ask to the barkeep and he agreed that he and the "technicians" were gonna' fix the PDA that Prapor give me after i give him ten scientific medkits... but the Barkeed tell me then that in the end they broke the PDA that Prapor give me... i mean, a complete mess...

But he gives you a new detector as compensation!
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:01

What's the name; or even code to spawn it; of that "new detector"?, don't recall having it in the inventory or as a reward... scratch
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:34

Sorry Arthoryum, every game is different, and I am not sure about the exact sequence of tasks needed for Ash Gray to spawn. He is a part of the Search for the missing Scientists quest line (some of his back-story is under that heading in your diary) and I think you have to get Sakharov's task to find the scientists before he will appear. This in turn depends on having found Ghost, so there are quite a few missions that have to be completed first. All I can suggest is to keep on playing and he will appear eventually.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:42

Sorry Arthoryum, every game is different, and I am not sure about the exact sequence of tasks needed for Ash Gray to spawn. He is a part of the Search for the missing Scientists quest line (some of his back-story is under that heading in your diary) and I think you have to get Sakharov's task to find the scientists before he will appear. This in turn depends on having found Ghost, so there are quite a few missions that have to be completed first. All I can suggest is to keep on playing and he will appear eventually.

I just start over since the point i give to Adrenalin his Minigun, in the past i already completed his Disk mission too... so... i can kill him or he have more important missions later in the game?

Sorry and thank you for all the help you are giving me.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:53

I just start over since the point i give to Adrenalin his Minigun, in the past i already completed his Disk mission too... so... i can kill him or he have more important missions later in the game?

Er, why would you want to kill Adrenaline?  Shocked  No, don't kill him, he is needed later. Besides, he is always useful as a trader.

No need to apologise, we are happy to help if we can ... and at times it can be a confusing game for all of us!
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:56

Er, why would you want to kill Adrenaline?  Shocked  No, don't kill him, he is needed later. Besides, he is always useful as a trader.

No need to apologise, we are happy to help if we can ... and at times it can be a confusing game for all of us!

I was angry, forgive me... Sad and, as before, thank you for all the help you give me, guys...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 16:57

I got to keep the Fire Tears and he gave me a case of Vodka, but no detector. Perhaps the reward differs each time. It also gave me a mission to "Find someone who knows of the missing team", which moves the story along.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 17:09

I got to keep the Fire Tears and he gave me a case of Vodka, but no detector. Perhaps the reward differs each time. It also gave me a mission to "Find someone who knows of the missing team", which moves the story along.

Exactly... in fact, other different thing is that the first time i was in the cave in this version 0015, there was no teleport at the beginning, wich was really frustrating the second time i play it... so, please... quit that teleport thing that when i reach certain point i'm send to, as i said before, the beginning... i HATE that at the cave/mines...
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 7:39

By the way, guys... should i start over 'cause i completely forgot about helping Tolik... and, well, i killed Borov too when i end the missions he give me about find Rat... Razz, also, i have the high security container and the documents you pick up when you are friend with the Bandits and their pig leader send you to kill two chimeras and retrieve whatever is at the helicopter...

Should i start over only for that... ?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 10:17

By the way, guys... should i start over 'cause i completely forgot about helping Tolik... and, well, i killed Borov too when i end the missions he give me about find Rat... Razz, also, i have the high security container and the documents you pick up when you are friend with the Bandits and their pig leader send you to kill two chimeras and retrieve whatever is at the helicopter...

You shouldn't need to restart unless you want to do everything. The only important thing with Borov is to get the key to X-18. The others are just side missions.

I don't know if you can sell the case and documents, I always give them to Borov. Try Barman or Duty. If nobody wants them just stash them or drop them
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 12:56

You shouldn't need to restart unless you want to do everything. The only important thing with Borov is to get the key to X-18. The others are just side missions.

I don't know if you can sell the case and documents, I always give them to Borov. Try Barman or Duty. If nobody wants them just stash them or drop them

Thank you, pchester, i'll keep it with me for now, in my backpack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   

Back to top Go down

The '100 Rads' bar...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next