STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hostile NPC.
by Strelok981 Today at 16:54

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by papanoel Today at 16:41

» Little Advice.
by sjohnson Today at 16:40

» Fangs corpse.
by Vi_severance Today at 14:20

» Spawn Menu Directory
by Vi_severance Today at 14:19

» Returning to Old Tunnels - nil value CTD
by pchester Today at 14:11

» CTD entering x18
by pchester Today at 10:18

» Crashing upon loading Garbage
by pvtgrumpy Today at 3:26

January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
sjohnson

pchester

Vi_severance

kd6dm

RazR

Sword2012

Strelok981

grayxy

pvtgrumpy

oxe222

Statistics
We have 337 registered users
The newest registered user is RazR

Our users have posted a total of 3897 messages in 411 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

chucksar

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

The '100 Rads' bar...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 11:32

I found Fang's killers a looong time ago and have talked with Miner several times since (LeHavre and friends are spending their eternity in a bad place, I hope Wink ).

I'll still re-visit Miner and will research a)what I missed and b)where the ReCon transition is placed, if a Miner dialog yields no joy.  TY, again, pchester.  You are quite the patient (pronounced "pat-ee-ent" as taught by my early English teacher) and knowledgeable Stalker! Smile
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 12:33

Game crush on clicking to jump from cordon to the swamp, what file you guys need and how do i send it as i'm rely now getting Mad with this problem after i started the game and reloaded new files from mega so many times, always with the auto save and swamp jumping, plus when you jump from army warehouse to the bar aria you land in between 2 exit point, but that is fine, can get threw that. Let chat and see if we can resolve this problem ones and for all.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 13:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Game crush on clicking to jump from cordon to the swamp, what file you guys need and how do i send it as i'm rely now getting  Mad  with this problem after i started the game and reloaded new files from mega so many times, always with the auto save and swamp jumping, plus when you jump from army warehouse to the bar aria you land in between 2 exit point, but that is fine, can get threw that. Let chat and see if we can resolve this problem ones and for all.

Hi Whitewolf. Are you getting an error log when it crashes? What is the error at the end of your stalkersoup\logs\xray_<yourname>.log file? It should look something like this:

fatal error example:

Yes, the Army Warehouses-to-Bar transition does drop you too close to the transition. Hopefully this will be fixed, but for now you just have to hit 'ESC' and move away from the transition before it prompts you again.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:26

Game crush on clicking to jump from cordon to the swamp, what file you guys need and how do i send it as i'm rely now getting  Mad  with this problem after i started the game and reloaded new files from mega so many times, always with the auto save and swamp jumping, plus when you jump from army warehouse to the bar aria you land in between 2 exit point, but that is fine, can get threw that. Let chat and see if we can resolve this problem ones and for all.

Hi Whitewolf. Are you getting an error log when it crashes? What is the error at the end of your stalkersoup\logs\xray_<yourname>.log file? It should look something like this:

fatal error example:

Yes, the Army Warehouses-to-Bar transition does drop you too close to the transition. Hopefully this will be fixed, but for now you just have to hit 'ESC' and move away from the transition before it prompts you again.
this is on auto save and crossing over,

Exception Reason XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Game Files\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11_extended\xrCore.dll" at 0023:02C6CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Register- EAX=2B02EF38 EBX=00000000 ECX=2B02EF40 EDX=2B02F03F
ESI=02C59328 EDI=08750D9C FLG=00200216
EBP=001999A4 ESP=00198998 EIP=02C2CC85
CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B, whene clicking to save the report to a file the thing freases(just spinning) so cannot save and submit the f,,,,, file. i have the latest update on DX 9 to 12.2 so i don't understand this error
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:30

WhiteWolf,

Several players have had some difficulty using DX11 Extended. Perhaps exiting your game and trying again using DX9 or DX11 without extensions will help.

I don't have this problem so this is a simple wild a$$ guess (WAG).

Good luck, and more knowledgeable players may have a better solution!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 16:30

My research on continuing my game, so far:

There is no garbage->recon transition. A recon->garbage transition exists per the in-game map.

I only get the standard "See you" dialog from Miner.

The walkthrough mentions nothing that I can discern regarding a garbage->recon transition.

I have been unsuccessful in searching these forums for any info regarding my needs.

Next, standard inet search and a look-through of Grimwald's videos to see what I may have missed.

Thanks, all!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 17:53

My research on continuing my game, so far:

There is no garbage->recon transition.  A recon->garbage transition exists per the in-game map.

I only get the standard "See you" dialog from Miner.

The walkthrough mentions nothing that I can discern regarding a garbage->recon transition.

I have been unsuccessful in searching these forums for any info regarding my needs.

Next, standard inet search and a look-through of Grimwald's videos to see what I may have missed.

Thanks, all!

The initial transition to Recon is in the Labyrinth. You get this after asking the Miner about the safe. The Garbage-Recon transition is given after you get to Recon the first time.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 18:07

[quote="sjohnson"]WhiteWolf,
Several players have had some difficulty using DX11 Extended.  Perhaps exiting your game and trying again using DX9 or DX11 without extensions will help.
Good luck, and more knowledgeable players may have a better solution!/quote]

If sjohnson's suggestion doesn't help, send a save game from just before the problem, with an expanation, to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) and hopefully he can figure out what the problem is.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 19:01

I'm headed to the Labyrinth now for Fima's/Adrenalin's task (Fima now has soap, thank goodness! Very Happy)

Thank you, Mr. pchester!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Sids special toolkits?   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 6:29

OK.

Spoiler:

Any hints as to what I've not doing/doing wrong?  Thank you!
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 7:11

WhiteWolf,
Several players have had some difficulty using DX11 Extended.  Perhaps exiting your game and trying again using DX9 or DX11 without extensions will help.
Good luck, and more knowledgeable players may have a better solution!/quote]

If sjohnson's suggestion doesn't help, send a save game from just before the problem, with an expanation, to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) and hopefully he can figure out what the problem is.
Hi pchester, ok, the thing is, if there is a problem with DX it will affect every section of the game, but it's only the swamp at this moment, i had it open in the swamp just for like 2, 3 sec, and bam, it give a bug report. when i want to save the report from it it freezes up, then i have to re start my pc. after i posted the problem, i gone back in the game, left the quest i need to finish, i think it's the last 1 on the first entrance to the swamp, i gone to do the Radar and completed it, now it's just doing the artifacts and the stash for that bum. let me know where to go get the file so i can mail it to stalkersoup, as i cannot copy past or save from bug report as it freezes up when i click on what ever. scratch
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 9:43

Your savegames should be in %STALKERSOUP%\_appdata_\saves.  For instance, mine are in E:\STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\saves

Emailing TecnoBacon this file should allow him to analyze your problem, but he's only one person so it may take some time for a response.

Changing the graphics renderer to DX11 or DX9 takes only a very few minutes and has helped several players either to play, or play while waiting for a TechnoBacon response.  StalkerSoup is based on a very old game engine that TechnoBacon is re-writing so as to make it more modern.

A DX trouble may manifest itself across the entire game or only in certain sections, due to the nature and age of the 3D engine.  One notable place where the engine appears to show its age is during level changes, with CTD on some levels but not others.

Think about trying a DX change, it's quick and easy - and *may* allow play to continue.  You really don't have much to lose in trying  Cool

If you want to try a render change, do so in the launcher, selecting Mode->DX* then launching your game.  DX9 is the most stable renderer for the aging XR_3D engine so would suggest starting there and moving to DX11 if DX9 works.

Best of luck, Stalker!
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:07

Your savegames should be in %STALKERSOUP%\_appdata_\saves.  For instance, mine are in E:\STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\saves

Emailing TecnoBacon this file should allow him to analyze your problem, but he's only one person so it may take some time for a response.

Changing the graphics renderer to DX11 or DX9 takes only a very few minutes and has helped several players either to play, or play while waiting for a TechnoBacon response.  StalkerSoup is based on a very old game engine that TechnoBacon is re-writing so as to make it more modern.

A DX trouble may manifest itself across the entire game or only in certain sections, due to the nature and age of the 3D engine.  One notable place where the engine appears to show its age is during level changes, with CTD on some levels but not others.

Think about trying a DX change, it's quick and easy - and *may* allow play to continue.  You really don't have much to lose in trying  Cool

If you want to try a render change, do so in the launcher, selecting Mode->DX* then launching your game.  DX9 is the most stable renderer for the aging XR_3D engine so would suggest starting there and moving to DX11 if DX9 works.

Best of luck, Stalker!
Hi sjohnson, thanks for the info will send the file, and yes, i understand the game is old and it's getting new things to it, and i'm glad what is happening to the game as i love it, as the 3 i have of stalker. i will try it in DX9, then DX11, at the swamp entrance, the rest of the game it ok, just here and there you get a crash wile in the game play, that is why i always keep saving my progress as i go threw it. Just completed the first section in the Radar,clearing, the stash, and artifacts, so for now i need to see if i have left overs on quest and see if i can get back into the swamp to finish that 1 quest before i go on to do the Pripyat section. Will chat again.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 17:10

Stalkersoup 1.1.0016 PATCH, what do i do with it, do i just add it to the 1.10015 Stalkersoup file scratch : study scratch
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 17:22

The easiest and most foolproof way to update to the 1.1.0016 patch is to run the SS update program, %STALKERSOUP%\UpdateSS . It will automate the needed updates and changes to migrate from 1.1.0015 to 1.1.0016.

To be careful, follow pchester's advice in the first post of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 17:37

OK.

Spoiler:

Any hints as to what I've not doing/doing wrong?  Thank you!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 17:51

UPDATE 1.10016 has been posted, Happy New Year to ALL.
Problem with Arena has been fixed, the first check for Arnie was happening prior to the all.spawns so it created a clone which conflicted with the original Arnie.
Many minor fixes and adjustments to level up 0 as well as more content in level up 1 and beyond.
New creatures and items (thanks to aleks1970).
New bone fracture system that effects the player (again thanks Aleks1970).
Better separation of level up 0 (stalker start) and level up 1 and beyond to conserve memory and prevent conflicts.
Optimized dynamic spawns, level spawns and extra content to conserve memory and improve performance.
OK, now the known issues:
CTD on first exit of Cordon and Waiting Room are NOT fixed yet but DO NOT damage the autosave so you can continue. The problem is a clash of story IDs and is a time consuming process which I will undertake for next update.
Some LCs still do not have a big enough radius which allows player to get past them without triggering.
Some characters can still fail to motivate like in Yantar which are being worked on still as there is a problem with timing and the gulag scripts to resolve.
ENGINE STATUS:
Renderers have been updated to support extended DX11 support for OGSE type shaders allowing dust particles in sun rays and fires, soft particle effects, and expanded cache.
XRGame now supports FOV internally so a slider has been added to the graphics options. More efficient memory usage as well.
XRCore now provides new callbacks for Keys, Mouse and several player states (replaces the dreaded keylogger).
For those of you with 4 or more cores will see an increase in FPS as now 8 cores can be used and if the game is installed outside the Programs(x86) it can on some newer systems utilize up to 1gig of ram.
LAUNCHER:
Since the FOV can be set using an in game slider it has been removed from the Launcher. The DX11_extended was added to replace the SweetFX option. NOTE: This is going to reset your settings so you will need to redo them before launching the game.
DLC Framework:
The DLC framework for modders is almost fully defined and hopefully will be fully perfected by next update. This allows users to easily add(dock) and remove(undock) mods without ever breaking their saves!
ENJOY!
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 17:56

UPDATE 1.10016 has been posted, Happy New Year to ALL.
Problem with Arena has been fixed, the first check for Arnie was happening prior to the all.spawns so it created a clone which conflicted with the original Arnie.
Many minor fixes and adjustments to level up 0 as well as more content in level up 1 and beyond.
New creatures and items (thanks to aleks1970).
New bone fracture system that effects the player (again thanks Aleks1970).
Better separation of level up 0 (stalker start) and level up 1 and beyond to conserve memory and prevent conflicts.
Optimized dynamic spawns, level spawns and extra content to conserve memory and improve performance.
OK, now the known issues:
CTD on first exit of Cordon and Waiting Room are NOT fixed yet but DO NOT damage the autosave so you can continue. The problem is a clash of story IDs and is a time consuming process which I will undertake for next update.
Some LCs still do not have a big enough radius which allows player to get past them without triggering.
Some characters can still fail to motivate like in Yantar which are being worked on still as there is a problem with timing and the gulag scripts to resolve.
ENGINE STATUS:
Renderers have been updated to support extended DX11 support for OGSE type shaders allowing dust particles in sun rays and fires, soft particle effects, and expanded cache.
XRGame now supports FOV internally so a slider has been added to the graphics options. More efficient memory usage as well.
XRCore now provides new callbacks for Keys, Mouse and several player states (replaces the dreaded keylogger).
For those of you with 4 or more cores will see an increase in FPS as now 8 cores can be used and if the game is installed outside the Programs(x86) it can on some newer systems utilize up to 1gig of ram.
LAUNCHER:
Since the FOV can be set using an in game slider it has been removed from the Launcher. The DX11_extended was added to replace the SweetFX option. NOTE: This is going to reset your settings so you will need to redo them before launching the game.
DLC Framework:
The DLC framework for modders is almost fully defined and hopefully will be fully perfected by next update. This allows users to easily add(dock) and remove(undock) mods without ever breaking their saves!
ENJOY!

Thank you so much for all the work you are doing with this INCREDIBLE and GIGANTIC mod, Tecnobacon & Aleks, happy new year to you guys!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 5:01

MEDIC !!! MEDIC !!! the pain OMG broke my leg five times after new patch, guys, please help. i'm trying to find the secret stash in the radar near helicopter, found 1 near trunk by the helicopter in the forest aria, but it's not it, in crawling like a rat all over the rocks and climbing trees like a monkey, jumping over and of thing, to find this stash, all i got was a snap crackle pop sound lol! any ideas on it, i looked at both the helicopters, i cannot find that stash.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 9:57

MEDIC !!! MEDIC !!! the pain OMG broke my leg five times after new patch, guys, please help. i'm trying to find the secret stash in the radar near helicopter, found 1 near trunk by the helicopter in the forest aria, but it's not it, in crawling like a rat all over the rocks and climbing trees like a monkey, jumping over and of thing, to find this stash, all i got was a snap crackle pop sound lol! any ideas on it, i looked at both the helicopters, i cannot find that stash.

Which stash are you looking for? There are several stashes to search for around the helicopter at different times. A couple are mid-way between the helicopter and the cliff face, one is on top of the helicopter and one is close to the helicopter on the other side.

As for the breaking bones, I do feel that it is a bit overpowered - but there are options in the modders script (gamedata\scripts\tb3d_modders.script) to reduce the effect or to turn it off altogether.
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Story line   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 19:32

I still have lot of problems to continue. After finishing task with Frenchman and spoke to Zahar game didn't give me message for Red Forest , but i m see at the map transition for Red Forest in Radar and transition to Limansk in Army warehouse. But when i try to finish task for hunters documents from red forest and i go in swamp i need to take bag from stalker who stoled that . I coming close and no one don't wont to talk with me, same for task when i need to help stalkers at the bridge for limansk . I kill all merch but task is not close. When i go to Limansk no enemies at all and nothing to do there. Do you no what i m miss and how to come back to story line
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 20:43

I still have lot of problems to continue. After finishing  task with Frenchman and spoke to Zahar game didn't give me message for Red Forest , but i m see at the map transition for Red Forest in Radar and transition to Limansk in Army warehouse.  But when i try to finish task for hunters documents from red forest and i go in  swamp i need to take bag from stalker who stoled that . I coming close and no one don't wont to talk with me, same for task when i need to help stalkers at the bridge for limansk . I kill all merch but task is not close. When i go to Limansk no enemies at all and nothing to do there. Do you no what i m miss and how to come back to story line

Assuming that you spoke to Cold in the Clear Sky base before trying to talk to the group holding Mitka, the leader of the group should talk to you. I think he is the one standing closest to the Church. You need to pay him some money (50K RU I think) and then you can talk to Mitka.

There is a known problem with the Limansk Bridge mission not ending. You can end it by using Info Portion shadowman_forest_have. You should then get a message to return to Shadowman.

Using Info Portions:

Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 20:48

After talk to Cold he is send me to cemetery , and there is group of stalkers, but main guy not exist there whith who i need to talk , i m see scene at you tube
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 21:52

After talk to Cold he is send me to cemetery , and there is group of stalkers, but main guy not exist there whith who i need to talk , i m see scene at you tube

I just replayed that section and this is the guy you need to talk to (his name may be different in your game). Is he not there in your game?:

Stalker leader
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dialogue

mitka dialogue
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 21:55

No he's not there. And the others i think 4 of them + Mitka not talk
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 22:18

Strange, I have never had that happen. Mitka won't talk to you unless you talk to the leader first.

In my game, when I got there they had been in a fight; two of the stalkers were dead and the others had scattered. I had to use the quicksave - quickload trick to get them to return to their positions. All I can suggest is that you try this. Also look around for any NPC bodies and resurrect them in case the leader has been killed.

To resurrect an NPC, get close enough to "use" them and make a save. With the NPC targeted, key ESC then R. The game often crashes the first time, but if you reload it usually works the second time.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 22:31

[quote="pchester"]

If that doesn't work, try giving yourself info portion

klyak_forest_doc_est_money

I just tried this without talking to the leader, and Mitka would talk to me.

Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 22:35

I will try
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 19:29

How i can input that comand
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 19:47

How i can input that comand

Open the spawn menu with ESC-S. Click the Info tab, then find the  info portion that you need. The left-right arrows under the Info heading move you between pages. Click on the Info Portion klyak_forest_doc_est_money and click OK. Exit the Spawn Menu and you should see a message telling you that it was successful - or not!
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 22:13

That's work and Mitja want to talk, but i have new problem . I m install new patch and always when i want to talk with someone game crash
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Getting tired of trying to be an Avenger   Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 5:17

In Recon, trying to do the task
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 7:33

Got it.  I did subtasks in a different order:  
Spoiler:

Dunno why that worked but I'll take it!
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 10:03

Can you send me any help
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 12:24

Can you send me any help

I am not an expert on installation issues, but at a guess you may have missed a patch somewhere. What is your game version as shown on the main menu screen? Did you use the official updater (UpdateSS.exe)?

Do you get an error log created when your game crashes? (STALKERSOUP\logs\xray_<yourname>.log) If so, what does it say at the end of the in the "FATAL ERROR" section?
Back to top Go down
Caniggia
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 19:02

I m use official update and my version is 10016.
XR_3DA.exe caused BREKPOINT in module
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   

Back to top Go down

The '100 Rads' bar...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next