STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Sakharov's bag at NPP
by vf14 Today at 6:57

» Backpack bursting. Shoddy goods?
by vf14 Today at 6:53

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by vf14 Today at 6:21

» UPDATE 110017
by Gery D. Today at 2:26

» Too easy game - make harder
by sjohnson Today at 0:45

» Error message and help/support subforum
by Iceddeadmeat Yesterday at 23:03

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Warezz.K Yesterday at 17:13

» Aggression bug triggered in X18?
by sjohnson Mon 18 Jun 2018 - 23:30

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
vf14

TecnoBacon

sjohnson

Alphabet Soup

Warezz.K

pchester

TomaszTheOctopus

Gery D.

Iceddeadmeat

Statistics
We have 521 registered users
The newest registered user is jackaller

Our users have posted a total of 6039 messages in 685 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

vf14

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

The '100 Rads' bar...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 15:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm confused.   clown

I brought 10 coblestones and the only heart of the poltergeist in my possession to Maples.

I got nothing in return (no modified Heart of the Poltergeist).  I also have not collected nor seen any Water Flower artifact and have not gotten any SMS from Fang mentioning going to NPP2 to get such an artifact. I see from the walkthrough that I use a Monolith teleport to go to NPP2, but without a Fang SMS will I be able to finish the Flower task?

Now I'm at Hospital, have spoken with the Black Doctor but, it seems, without the HoP artifact the story line dead-ends.

I've been back to Maples since discovering the missing HoP at Hospital;  Maples has nothing for me.  Where did I make a wrong turn for both the HoP and the Flower?

After giving the cobblestones and HoP to Maples, you can go off and do other things. Getting the HoP back and finding the flower come later.

I assume that this is your first meeting with the Black Doctor. After waking up, your next task is to rescue Pilgrim. Fang told you that he is trapped in the Old Village, and talking to the BD should have given you a transition to there from Pripyat. Check your map.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 19:05

I'll check, pchester. I had neglected Pilgrim because, after receiving Fang's message about him being trapped in Old Village I have been back to Rostok with Pilgrim sitting fat, dumb and happy with Fang.

Kind of like the seemingly spurious message I got a while back from Zahar about coming to see him quickly, that we needed to talk. When I arrived Zahar had nothing to say.

Thought Pilgrim's plight was another dead-end, like Zahar's message...
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 20:05

who gives mother beads to grandmotherbeats recipe?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 20:12

I believe it's Brome at the Bar, for recovering his AN94 Abekan 'Taktical'

Since he appears to have lost it at Dead City, I'm missing that Recipe too... Sad
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 20:45

Since he appears to have lost it at Dead City, I'm missing that Recipe too... Sad

I have it in my diary as the first entry - "Data from Sidorovich on creating a Grandmother's Beads". I got it for his side task to Purge the Lair of the Mutants (the dogs behind the old farm building).
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 21:51

I have it in my diary as the first entry - "Data from Sidorovich on creating a Grandmother's Beads". I got it for his side task to Purge the Lair of the Mutants (the dogs behind the old farm building).

Oh, yes, you're right! It's the Mother's Beads recipe I'm missing!

EDIT: No, I'm also missing the Grandmother's Beads recipe, which somehow eluded me. I'm sure I earned it, but it disappeared later on... No

EDIT: It's annoying because I'm deliberately keeping notes of where I find all Recipes, Artefact Modifications, and Transitions, and I'm certain I found another way of earning the Grandmother's Beads - but then it just disappeared from my Diary...

But I guess that's the nature of the Zone... Sad

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 3:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 22:56

Oh, yes, you're right! It's the Mother's Beads recipe I'm missing!

EDIT: No, I'm also missing the Grandmother's Beads recipe, which somehow eluded me. I'm sure I earned it, but it disappeared later on... No

I have the Mother's Beads recipe, but all it says in my diary is "Data from Dutyer in Bar." I think it might have been for one of Petrenko's tasks.

That is worrying ... someone else mentioned disappearing recipes. affraid
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 23:43

NEW MINI UPDATE TODAY: 110016.3
I have fixed the missing bandits and tolik bug, also a problem with weather and also companions dialog.
aleks1970 has fixed m16 sniper rifle and also syslov's white eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 3:17

Thanks, TechnoBacon!

An aside, Pilgrim is a doppelganger.  I just left him in Old Village, wearing a beard.  His SMS says he is trying to chase/find an errant Panther.

On my way to Cordon, I stopped off in Rostok.  There sits Pilgrim, sans beard and sitting with Fang.

Pilgrim is truly an amazing NPC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 17:15

there are some clones still spawning at the wrong time so thanks for pointing this one out
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 17:23

yes me too thought such.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Thu 11 Jan 2018 - 3:01

yes  me too thought such.
I found two AN94 in a stash (forget where) and was alerted to take one to him. But, Dead City is normal.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Photography lesson!   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 9:47

In Generators, a Stalker named Maximllian wants
Spoiler:

Da**ed if I do, da**ed if I don't.  I've tried going back to begin Maxmilian's task multiple times without any change, and I'm successful each time but the outcome remains fruitless.  Where am I going wrong?  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 11:02

In Generators, a Stalker named Maximllian wants
Spoiler:

Da**ed if I do, da**ed if I don't.  I've tried going back to begin Maxmilian's task multiple times without any change, and I'm successful each time but the outcome remains fruitless.  Where am I going wrong?  Thanks!

There is a number on the photo, which is needed later, hence the warning to remember it. Put the photo in your pistol slot to read it. (I think the number is recorded in your diary, but I could be wrong.) The number is the reason for taking the photo, and you don't want Maximilian to know it, which is why you ask Pilgrim to use his darkroom skills to remove the number from the photo.

The way I do this is: having given the photo to Pilgrim, I move away from him and do something else for a while (there are usually some artefacts or stashes to find) and after a while (no more than 10-15 mins) he sends an SMS to tell me that the photo is ready. I then take the altered photo to Maximilian, who then has something to say.

I don't think Panther has anything to say at this point. The game is constantly developing, and some things are moved around for balance or to solve issues, so walkthroughs can soon become outdated.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 11:22

Thanks, pchester. I must not have been clear in my first post, so here goes again:

The problem is, I "take a walk" after giving the photo to Pilgrim, going across Old Village to the other side and wait for 5-10 minutes.  I get no SMS from Pilgrim.  So, I wait 30 minutes more and still no SMS (thank goodness I had laundry and dishes to do at home while I waited the 30 in-game minutes).

I pull out my trusty sleeping bag and sleep for 1 hour:  no SMS.  Sleeping for an additional 8 hours still generates no SMS from Pilgrim.

I thought that possibly a Panther SMS triggered Pilgrim to do his thing and send me a notification when done, which is why I mentioned her.

*Something* is preventing the Pilgrim activity from completing so I never get any dialog with Maximilian and the game grinds to a halt.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 12:43

Thanks, pchester. I must not have been clear in my first post,

Sorry, I probably misunderstood you. I just replayed that section, and after giving Pilgrim the photo I just went outside and he sent an SMS to call me back a few minutes later. I can't think of any steps that you might have missed, so I don't know why Pilgrim's task isn't finishing for you.

Try giving yourself the amended photo (item psewdofoto in the Arhara section) and see if Max will accept that.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 13:59

psewdofoto worked, after the third try with Maximilian - awesome! I was looking in the info portions for something related to Pilgrim (and or Pili*).

Thank you, most wise and brilliant one Wink
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 15:26

psewdofoto worked, after the third try with Maximilian - awesome!  I was looking in the info portions for something related to Pilgrim (and or Pili*).

Thank you, most wise and brilliant one Wink

geek  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 21:24

Following in pchester's muddy footsteps, I also searched hopefully all over the Army Warehouses for Snitch's Jumper anomaly, but without success

Looking at the text files today, I see its code is 'ways_info_way_false_text'  study

B*st*rd... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 14:30

Can't find the Monolithian in x10, find Monolithians doc quest. Must be behind one of the doors. Help and thanks.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 15:06

Can't find the Monolithian in x10, find Monolithians doc quest. Must be behind one of the doors. Help and thanks.

Descend the stairs to the lower floor, go along the long corridor and through the large room with two dividing walls. You arrive in a short corridor with three small rooms leading off. The Monolithian should be in the first of these room.

There used to be a problem where he didn't spawn, or if you left it too long he would despawn. If he isn't there you can spawn in his document with
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 18:50

Hmmm,

I had to use an info portion to get the Pilgrim "special" photo of the Monolith in the Sarcophagus, as discussed above.

I then went on and got
Spoiler:

Is my game broken?  I keep reaching dead ends regarding the isomorph camera.  This makes for a rocky game play...

TIA for all the help! jocolor scratch
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 20:29

Hmmm,

I had to use an info portion to get the Pilgrim "special" photo of the Monolith in the Sarcophagus, as discussed above.

I then went on and got
Spoiler:

Is my game broken?  I keep reaching dead ends regarding the isomorph camera.  This makes for a rocky game play...

TIA for all the help! jocolor scratch

Sometimes Fang is just behind Corn, at other times he can be some way back. You may need to accompany both of them, so if they are separate you have to get Corn to the safe and then if necessary go back for Fang. If Fang is "stuck" (as seems to happen a lot to NPCs) you can usually free him/them with a quicksave - quickload. That is probably why closing down and starting up again worked.

Did you get the Task Complete message after
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 22:32

I've played this game a few times and I'm becoming very frustrated. I've only been able to progress to the same Maps. What I need is that transition that will move me Beyond the maps I have been playing for so many versions. I completed the gauntlet and completed the Labyrinth, but no new transitions have opened up and I don't know who to speak to. I hate to be a pest but I feel I need just one more transition to open this game for me. Once again help and thank you. I NEED A TRANSITION! PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 22:46

pchester,

I got the task complete message after
Spoiler:

Thank you, my friend.  I hope to break whatever logjam is keeping the game from progressing.  Being a former IT programmer I keep wishing for a force dump feature so as to look at why seemingly normal play freezes up game progression recently.  Alas, coming up to speed on this game if such a feature existed would take weeks or months... affraid

(ETA)
Spoiler:

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sat 13 Jan 2018 - 23:36

Read my above problem on transition location. Thanks
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 4:14

Rat Catcher,

We need more information to aid you in what to do next in your game.  What tasks, if any, are current?  Have you reviewed NPC dialogs with your character (PDA->Diary->Message History) - they often lead to more missions and discoveries.  Perhaps you've missed a critical mission that seemed trivial.  We don't know, but the above are some of the pitfalls into which I've fallen.  You will need to integrate directed tasks (ala vanilla STALKER) with implied and/or poorly translated NPC dialogs, Russian->English.

The SS team is working at streamlining gameplay but some times you will need to break the habits generated in generic STALKER.  This is part of the Stalker Soup culture - wean the player away from scripted, directed missions to something requiring a bit more thought.

You will find there comes a time in gameplay where few, if any, transitions are simply created (it seems you may have reached that time, already).  The game enters a mission mode within existing maps.  For me, this was frustrating at first but as my missions developed I was glad that I didn't (temporarily) have more transitions and maps.  I often felt like an errand boy;  as time went on I discovered that I was a most important errand boy, and some dark secrets began to emerge that made me realize why others had me running around and becoming "rich" at their expense.  And, the Maps/missions/transitions grew (and grew and grew).

Eventually you will reach the point of more and more transitions added (as your missions begin taking you there).  You WILL be challenged.  From what you've posted it appears that you have only scratched the surface of the Soup...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 10:33

I've played this game a few times and I'm becoming very frustrated. I've only been able to progress to the same Maps. What I need is that transition that will move me Beyond the maps I have been playing for so many versions. I completed the gauntlet and completed the Labyrinth, but no new transitions have opened up and I don't know who to speak to. I hate to be a pest but I feel I need just one more transition to open this game for me. Once again help and thank you. I NEED A TRANSITION! PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION.

As sjohnson says, it is difficult to suggest what you need to do next without knowing which tasks you have already done.

After completing the Gauntlet, the next new area that becomes accessible is Reconnoitred Earth, and the game opens up again from there. However, there are a lot of missions between the Gauntlet and Recon. Most of these are side missions but some are key to the main story.

The important mission lines are
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 17:58

i cant reach monolith secret base for lightnig.
Consciousness ask me all time.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 21:18

kaplumbaga, what does Consciousness ask you? Lightening is stationed outside of the Consciousness room, so I don't understand what is going on. I am not spoken to by them outside of that room.

If you can't reach the secret monolith base, have you visited the Wish Granter and then come back to the Sarcophagus with the decoder? Are you then going to the second Sarcophagus room, the one where you need the decoder to open a door?
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 21:49

Stuck in Dead City.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 22:45

Stuck in Dead City.

Spoiler:

I don't try to talk to Perfumer until he reaches his house, I just keep to the outskirts and follow him until he gets home. Staying fairly close keeps him moving.

After talking to you, Perfumer should SMS Duda, then Spark. Spark won't lower the field until after you rescue Doc. Once Perfumer has spoken to Duda, you should be able to enter the building with the columns - but you have to go around the outskirts as the central area is still deadly. Duda is upstairs.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 23:06

I see what you mean. I would never have guessed that the way to get Perfumer to his house was as you described, but it worked. I had to trigger protection to get him to move, but did not need to do more than trigger protection and then move back to safety.

I'll look for the building with the columns from the outskirts. Since Perfumer always went to one particular spot before stopping I thought where he stopped was the building in question - a building in the central area.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 10:40

I'll look for the building with the columns from the outskirts.

If you look on your map, it is the cross-shaped building in the south of the built-up area. Just follow the outer road and you pass right by it.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 12:23

I'd already found the building, but thank you for describing its location!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 13:01

I'd already found the building, but thank you for describing its location!
Spoiler:

Yes, I have only ever seen that one, even
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The '100 Rads' bar...   

Back to top Go down

The '100 Rads' bar...
Page 26 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: