STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Swamp Doctor missing
by pchester Today at 13:42

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Artyom Today at 10:21

» CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 9:44

» Petrenko's flask
by _Nite_ Yesterday at 5:54

» Best food in STALKER...
by Artyom Yesterday at 1:40

» Courier's case
by Hipster Doofus Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 0:13

» Dialogue Improvement suggestions
by pchester Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 21:42

» Kruglov - always Kruglov...
by sjohnson Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 19:20

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann

Artyom

sjohnson

Sword2012

pchester

_Nite_

rusty_shackleford

Hipster Doofus

Steve90k

aZmoDen

Statistics
We have 166 registered users
The newest registered user is JymBoe

Our users have posted a total of 1661 messages in 153 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 17:24

Share | 

Game difficulty question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sjohnson
Novice

PostSubject: Game difficulty question   Sat 12 Aug 2017 - 22:01

Is the game difficulty, within the selected difficulty, randomized?

I'm in my second playthrough in version 1.1.0013, current micropatch.  The first playthrough felt "normal" in Marked One difficulty, but my current play is noticeably more difficult than the first.  In fact, this is the most difficult play I've ever seen in any STALKER game.

Not complaining, but:

Almost no 5.45x39 ammunition is lootable. I have to ration my use.

Very few AK74 type rifles are available to loot.

NPCs have apparently taken marksmanship courses because 50 yard one shot kills from cutoff shotguns, etc are markedly more common.

Large mutant spawns in certain side missions where only a few spawned before.

Anomalies present in certain paths where I have never seen any before.

So, is game difficulty within a selected difficulty randomized?
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Sun 13 Aug 2017 - 8:06

when ammo gets slim to find ya have to trade artifacts for it, specific traders have different ammo types, this is only a problem in story mode though, ammo is much easier to get in collector.

very few types to loot early in game yes but more AK type rifles will be available later to loot

if playing as Marked One difficulty, that can happen.

it varies from mission to mission, sometimes not many mutants sometimes alot

sometimes anomaly locations will change between blowouts depending on where you are.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Sun 13 Aug 2017 - 21:17

I have all the money needed to buy ammo, but even the usual suspect traders have little to no 5.45x39.  Also, I'm not really seeing enough 5.56x45 or 7.62x39 anywhere to make me switch, but it's getting increasingly tempting to do so.  I really don't care about getting AK rifles other than for ammo and/or selling.  Money is money regardless of which rifle I sell.

I'm at the point in story mode where I've turned off the brain scorcher.  Is that considered early in the game?  Again, it wasn't like this in my previous playthrough.

The anomaly issue most different from other plays is having to pass through both an electro and a vortex anomaly at the torn fence separating the Red Forest from the rest of Radar.   Never saw that before, and I've been playing various STALKER and mod games since shortly after CoC SoC was released.

I actually enjoy the difficulty, it's just a curious need kind of thing.

Thanks, _Nite_!

Last edited by sjohnson on Mon 14 Aug 2017 - 0:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong game (CoC) instead of SoC)
Back to top Go down
Steve90k
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Sun 13 Aug 2017 - 23:41

Personally I love COC, I think the zone wars was excellent in that game. But it lacked somethings. The first was the modified vehicles from Lost Alpha. Putting weapons in the boot (trunk) of the car for transporting them was a great idea. Personally I thought most experienced players would like that side of it. and with the excellent alife, I feel it would work extremely well. Alundio, still has never added that feature though. THe 2nd problem I had with it, is that the maps are not entirely optimised for vehiles. and the script to change levels in a vehicle are broken. the Call Of Pripyat game was never optimised for it. However SOC was. the only other issue with COC was the lack of goals or rewards in the warfare mod.

I undrstand COC was originally developed as a base mod, but warfare, really had no point. You couldtake over the whole map but never recieve a reward.

I even spoke with the Warfare developer, but I lost my password, and never retrieved his response.

As for SS. I personally think AP ammo should be availbel at the traders as well.
I would gladly sell all my normal ammo in favour of buying AP Ammo. Especially later in the game.

The other problem with SS is that its heavily based either on an auto shotgun, or the Standard AK.

7.62mm ammo is rare, and so is NATO ammo.
This leads me to almost exclusivley use the standard AK, and maybe the boar 12.

Perhaps the loads outs could be tweaked. If I change to a NATO weapon, I will quickly run out of ammo. and using the Vintorez also tends to have the same ammo issues.

As for the Brain Scorcher,, you are no where near the end. you are about 20-30 hurs into the game, and I have played for over 1000!!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Mon 14 Aug 2017 - 0:07

Sorry, Steve. I meant SoC, not CoC. Post edited to reflect that.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Mon 14 Aug 2017 - 0:12

like I said above different traders offer different ammo in trade for artifacts its a dialog option, You can't get large ammounts of ammo from thier normal inventory, it doesn;t work that way in stalkersoup

like I love to use the F2000 compact gun so I have to go to petrenko at duty, he wants medusa artifacts in trade for ammo for it
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   Mon 14 Aug 2017 - 0:48

Well, "early" or not, my ammo situation does not compare with firearm presence.  I even use an FN 2000 "worn", which I acquired off a dead Freedom in Radar and is a new weapon to me (like it a lot!) - but it uses 5.45x39 Sad .  Lots of different weapons to loot. But, most times NPCs have no AK ammo even if they're fielding an AK. Different than any other play I've done. I never saw a lot of it in prior games, NPC or Trader. But always some so that after oh, say, 100 NPC kills I had a nice pile of it, probably 5-600 rounds.

The balance of the "other" ammo is about the same as in previous plays.  Not a lot but not scarce, either. Just not much 5.45x39.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game difficulty question   

Back to top Go down

Game difficulty question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1