STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Patch 1.10015 now available to auto-update
by _Nite_ Today at 13:32

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by pchester Yesterday at 22:44

» The mercenary Bolt's PDA
by pchester Yesterday at 22:01

» Resetting anomalies?
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 15:55

» Makarov 'Special' PM
by pchester Yesterday at 9:51

» Navigating the teleports in Lab X-10
by Sword2012 Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 12:30

» Finding the entrance to the Labyrinth
by Sword2012 Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 12:27

» Discord Server
by Artyom Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 4:26

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Sword2012

merkak134

_Nite_

TecnoBacon

nemisis1842khann

Statistics
We have 225 registered users
The newest registered user is waddlesmcsqueezy

Our users have posted a total of 2444 messages in 228 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Ripped306

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 15:45

addendum.
To your other points I did not use the in house partition, it was some thing called 'how to do anything'
and I made the size 200gb is that enough or maybe larger if what is needed, is what I have done is
showing up right, or (what HAVE you done) saints preserve us.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 16:26

nemisis1842khann wrote:
To your other points I did not use the in house partition, it was some thing called 'how to do anything' and I made the size 200gb is that enough or maybe larger if what is needed, is what I have done is
showing up right
Hi nemisis. Thanks for persevering. Something called 'how to do anything' does not inspire my confidence, but if your 500Gb hard drive is now split into a 300Gb C:/ drive, and a 200Gb E:/ drive, then you've succeeded, but I can't tell without a screenshot of either your Windows Explorer or Disk Manager window

After that, though, did you follow the instructions in the Installation Help guide systematically, section by section, to the letter?
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 16:43

Hi Sword

Me thinks I am getting there, that how to thingy had 19 links to do any thing around partitioning
and seemed simple, I see a simple mistake could have ruined my life for ever with some one, but
so far she has been on her side just awhile ago and the roof is still were it should be, so one,
assumes as she has a great many photos on her side, but the screen shot thingmy I will have to
work on, so if you have any ideas do not hold back, I am game for any thing, if there is a way etc.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:02

I have the prtscn working but how to send to here, ideas please.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 20:00

nemisis1842khann wrote:
 I have the prtscn working but how to send to here, ideas please.
Do you have any kind of online storage, like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Mega, ICloud, etc?

All of these are free, and will allow you to store your documents, screenshots, etc online and create shortcuts for others to view

It's how members share fault reports on the forum, and allow everyone to download stuff we've created

But nothing is stored on the forum itself other than links Smile
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 15:01

Hi Sword,
The only site is Mega that I've d/l SS, I keep all main stuff at home on sticks /discs,
never felt happy with online storage one reads all sorts of odd stories, these cretins are getting
so adept at breaking into sites, but that just me, I suppose, Mega if that's the same as the one
gets SS from, if it is then I will see if I can get to grips with it, seeing as I have cracked the
print screen thingmy it seems a waist not to use and I would like to get the nod that for once
things have gone right......
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 18:16

nemisis1842khann wrote:
The only site is Mega that I've d/l SS, I keep all main stuff at home on sticks /discs. Never felt happy with online storage one reads all sorts of odd stories

Mega is fine, just as long as you don't keep anything of importance to you or anyone else on there...

You'll need to open your own account with them. It's free and you should get 50Gb of space, which is . You may find it useful to install the Mega app on your PC, in order to upload screenshots, etc more easily... Smile

You could also try Dropbox, which doesn't give you anywhere near as much space but is so much more efficient, especially the way it handles screenshots...

If you'd like to try it I can send you a referral link, which will help me gain a little more Dropbox space for the stuff I do Smile
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 20:02

Lets give Dropbox a try then to see if I can get to grips with and understand how it works.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 20:32

Sword,
It appears I have a Dropbox acc, no idea when I set it up, any way give me the drift of how
to load images so you can see, as you have used it and understand its finer points.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 20:33

nemisis1842khann wrote:

Lets give Dropbox a try then to see if I can get to grips with and understand how it works.

Okay, follow this link and it will get you 2Gb of free Dropbox space. If you do a few more easy things, like reading the instructions, or installing it onto your phone, they'll give you a bit more, and they'll give me an additional 0.5Gb for my recommendation
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I rarely put my name to recommending anything, but I've been with Dropbox since the beginning, found it incredibly useful (Aleks and I use it to process the dialogue files for each new patch), and the Basic version costs nothing. It's extremely secure, and the only downside is that they're relatively stingy with free storage space - if you want more you have to earn or pay for it...

Just don't go for the paid-for Pro version. TB had a poor experience with them hosting the game files after literally hundreds of thousands of gamers tried to access them at the same time... pale
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 20:43

nemisis1842khann wrote:
It appears I have a Dropbox acc, no idea when I set it up, any way give me the drift of how to load images so you can see, as you have used it and understand its finer points.

Hi nemisis

Do you have Dropbox installed on your PC, and set to synchronise with your online account?

You'll know because there'll be a Dropbox icon near your Windows clock

Right click on it, click on the gear wheel, and go through the Preferences to set them to your liking. Under Import, check the box 'Share screenshots using Dropbox'

From here on, every screenshot you take will automatically go into a folder named 'Screenshots' in your Dropbox account

Create a shortcut to this folder on your Desktop

Then whenever you want to share a screenshot, go into this folder, right click on the image you want to share, and click on 'Copy Dropbox link'

Then simply paste (Crl + V) this link into your post on the forum for others to see your screenshot Smile
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 21:59

Is that it..!
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 22:02

If that's correct as you wanted I will need to refine the whole works, good fun.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 22:45

nemisis1842khann wrote:

Is that it..!

Yay! Well done!

Now please follow the guide to install and test the game. Ensure that you install it to your E:/ drive. Maybe in a 'Games' folder, seeing as you have space for much more now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 9:44

Morn Sword,

Good I will look into all the technical installing and fiddling with the finer points,
I still have to tidy that drop box to fully understand how it works, but many thanks for
your help....M
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll   

Back to top Go down

CTD - syswow64\kernelbase.dll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: