STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Cordon - moving gun
by pchester Today at 16:55

» Finished Radar collector ....and now ?
by rretamar Today at 5:44

» Fang in X-10 lab
by pchester Yesterday at 22:49

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Arthoryum Yesterday at 21:51

» Isomorphic Teleport
by pchester Yesterday at 18:25

» Dead City stash
by pchester Yesterday at 10:17

» Limansk Basement
by pchester Sun 10 Dec 2017 - 12:08

» Who is, and where I can find Rabinowitz?
by Arthoryum Sat 9 Dec 2017 - 11:59

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

nemisis1842khann

Arthoryum

Sword2012

joy division

rretamar

Statistics
We have 294 registered users
The newest registered user is mtpinky007

Our users have posted a total of 3355 messages in 340 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Resetting anomalies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
papanoel
Novice

PostSubject: Resetting anomalies?   Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 15:33

Hello guys,

I'm at level-up 3 having started a new game (level-up 0) about a year ago. Game is patched to 1.0014.1
I noticed an increase in stability with almost each update and some improvements here and there, but I still have minor issues.

Among them, I noticed that during blow outs, all the "mobile" anomalies are removed except the snow anomalies. IIRC, updating to 1.10012 removed all but fixed anomalies. It's been restored when updating to 1.10013. Since then when a blow out occurs, I can see lots of snow anomalies everywhere. In some maps (Cordon, Garbage, Army warehouses) it slows down my game quite a bit. It's still playable but annoying.

Hence my question: is there a way to force the game to reset all anomalies ?

I had a look at the modder's script file and at line 300 I set "least anomalies" to "true". It didn't change anything.

I never came across this issue before nor I did read about it.
All I can tell is when a former update made all anomalies disappear, I used a snow capsule at AW in order to do some cooking. I used other capsules to spawn most of the other useful anomalies but the snow was the first one I spawned.
Maybe it could explain my issue ?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 15:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
is there a way to force the game to reset all anomalies ?
I had a look at the modder's script file and at line 300 I set "least anomalies" to "true". It didn't change anything.

I don't know of any way to affect anomaly spawning other than what is in the modder's script. For several versions now, there seems to be a point in mid-game where most of the random anomalies disappear. They reappear later on, but - for example - formerly dangerous areas such as
Spoiler:

have almost no anomalies during this period.

I usually set up a line of capsule-generated anomalies in a "safe" area near the Bar to do my artifact cooking. Perhaps you are right and that is somehow affecting random spawning. I will have to try only using natural anomalies in my next game and see if it still happens.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Sun 15 Oct 2017 - 21:16

Wow pchester.. what a brilliant idea capsule-generated anomalies all in a line no hunting,
soon as caps start appearing off i go...brilliant

I have notice however anomalies in some areas are total'y empty and but
but return poss not a glitch just the game catching up with it self, but I will try
your idea any way.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 1:56

the lack of anomalies during certain periods is intended in many areas, once they start up again it is based on your experience points as to how many and how hard they are. If you are playing normally and not using cheats then they should be fairly common and with more dangerous ones showing up. If in invincible mode you do not get the points, master gets the most points as things are harder, collector has a new scale factor that starts at max stalker levelup and progresses over 10 more levelups
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 9:46

capsule-generated anomalies all in a line no hunting, soon as caps start appearing off i go...

Thanks nemisis1842khann, but I can't take all the credit. Embarassed There are several other members here who do the same thing. When you think about it, it is the logical thing to do with all of those expensive capsules - having them all in one place certainly makes cooking artifacts a lot easier than chasing around several maps in search of an elusive anomaly! Wink
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 15:55

Do not run your self down you put it on the site, the space behind the bar area is so ideal
over the fence to go to atp and back just behind the bar with that weird hole in the fence
that disappears after going through it, any way thanks to who ever, there must be loads
of small ideas like that, if you have it or know of some thing small and free.. er next please.....
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 20:42

Now here's some that I have never heard/read of these ' experience points' I do not remember
encountering any reference to those, could some one point them out were they are recorded
during the game, that's if one earns them off course, but there again I probably missed them.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 10:02

Now here's some that I have never heard/read of these ' experience points' I do not remember  encountering any reference to those, could some one point them out were they are recorded  during the game, that's if one earns them off course, but there again I probably missed them.

It is something that happens 'behind the scenes', it isn't something that you can see on-screen. We all know that our actions affect how NPCs feel about us, but what is less obvious is that our actions also affect gameplay. I think TecnoBacon intends to expand on this in the future.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 10:52

I see, like if one save the life of the bandit in dark valley they all like you, if you do not
you have a fight on your hands, how do you get the atp bandits to like me with out
upsetting all the others, the oddity is the army fights with the bandits on that level, one
of life's mysteries, I suppose I could have a word with sid and empty my bank account.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 12:22

I see, like if one save the life of the bandit in dark valley they all like you, if you do not you have a fight on your hands, how do you get the atp bandits to like me with out upsetting all the others, the oddity is the army fights with the bandits on that level, one of life's mysteries, I suppose I could have a word with sid and empty my bank account.

AFAIK Sid can't change your relationships with factions that are normally your enemies (bandits, military, Monolith etc.), only those with factions that are friendly or neutral to start with. The programming behind this is quite clever - e.g., if you accidentally shoot a friendly NPC, his friends may become hostile, but others who don't know what you did may remain neutral/friendly. These are the sort of relationship issues that Sid can usually fix.

Of course, some "enemies" can become neutral or friendly temporarily, but these are generally scripted events and MO's actions can still have an effect. For example,
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 12:59

its quite amazing how the coding architecture works through out the game and its effects on
different happenings far down the game, the GB's of coding is mind blowing some years ago
I unpacked the 'all save' of SoC do not ask how but I did, that was my first encounter of game
coding and left me amazed how some body put it all together to make a game like one I had
'Thief' had to be played in near total darkness, shear complexity being able to make minor/major
changes like TB do's and those around him, make a good game into highly entertaining one with
hundreds of hours of play, and play it differently every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resetting anomalies?   

Back to top Go down

Resetting anomalies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1