STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Nokoyou

identical123

Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Blind_doge

yusufhamdan

nemisis1842khann

chucksar

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Blind_doge

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 17:22

Does anyone know which under-barrel grenade launcher can be used with the M406-HE grenade? Also which rifles will take either the HK79 or AG36 under-barrel grenade launchers?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 18:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone know which under-barrel grenade launcher can be used with the M406-HE grenade? Also which rifles will take either the HK79 or AG36 under-barrel grenade launchers?

M406-HE - the only rifle that I know of is the SIG SG-550 'Necro' with the standard M203 launcher. I am using this rifle + launcher at the moment, and it will fire either M209 or M406-HE grenades.

HK79 and AG36 - these are both from Heckler & Koch, but I don't know of any HK rifles in Stalkersoup that will take them.
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 19:13

cheers pchester!
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 2:00

Weapons files control ammo used.:

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 12:26

A question for our weapon editors: would it be possible to have grenade types listed as part of the grenade launcher description in weapons.ltx rather than individually in each rifle file? I am in no way a weapons expert, but surely if a launcher can take more than one grenade type, this would apply whatever rifle it is attached to.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 14:35

A question for our weapon editors: would it be possible to have grenade types listed as part of the grenade launcher description in weapons.ltx rather than individually in each rifle file? I am in no way a weapons expert, but surely if a launcher can take more than one grenade type, this would apply whatever rifle it is attached to.

Good question for TB or aleks1970. AFAIK, ammo types are listed in individual weapons files in STALKER. I have edited several that are capable of mounting add-ons, my opinion being the same as yours, that if the weapon can take a suppressor, scope, etc. in real life, it should be able to in STALKERSOUP. E.g., if the "Necro" can utilize both M209 and M406-HE grenades using an M203 GL, then any rifle that can mount the M203 should also be able to. (I've also added an Acog scope to the Necro). I've thought about submitting these to aleks for consideration.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 15:13

Quote :
...if the weapon can take a suppressor, scope, etc. in real life, it should be able to in STALKERSOUP. E.g., if the "Necro" can utilize both M209 and M406-HE grenades using an M203 GL, then any rifle that can mount the M203 should also be able to. (I've also added an Acog scope to the Necro). I've thought about submitting these to aleks for consideration.

In that case, would it be possible to have the AG36 grenade launcher attaching to either the XM8 or the FN SCAR? According to wikipedia, the AG36 was evaluated for both these weapons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 16:06

AFAIK, ammo types are listed in individual weapons files in STALKER. I have edited several that are capable of mounting add-ons, my opinion being the same as yours, that if the weapon can take a suppressor, scope, etc. in real life, it should be able to in STALKERSOUP. E.g., if the "Necro" can utilize both M209 and M406-HE grenades using an M203 GL, then any rifle that can mount the M203 should also be able to. (I've also added an Acog scope to the Necro). I've thought about submitting these to aleks for consideration.

I'm certain that Aleks would be very grateful for your submissions and ideas...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:45

It is a shame that the Stalker SoC engine can't show weapon/addon compatibility by mousing over items the way that the CoP engine could. It made identifying which item/ammo fitted which gun a lot easier!

Didn't someone (TrueBrit?) once produce a spreadsheet of Stalkersoup weapons and addons? If anyone still has this, and assuming that it isn't too far out of date, it would be a useful addition to the Game Guides section.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 18:13

Didn't someone (TrueBrit?) once produce a spreadsheet of Stalkersoup weapons and addons? If anyone still has this, and assuming that it isn't too far out of date, it would be a useful addition to the Game Guides section.

Not to my knowledge. TrueBritt created a basic template for the spreadsheet, including 40 spawn names copied from the Spawn Menu, but it didn't go any further after he left the forum

If anyone would like a copy, to continue with it, just let me know. However, Aleks is still adding weapons and their various attachments to the game files, and making subtle changes to them, which is why the Dialogue Team is staying away from these files for now...
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 18:45

[quote="kd6dm"]
Quote :
...if the weapon can take a suppressor, scope, etc. in real life, it should be able to in STALKERSOUP. E.g., if the "Necro" can utilize both M209 and M406-HE grenades using an M203 GL, then any rifle that can mount the M203 should also be able to. (I've also added an Acog scope to the Necro). I've thought about submitting these to aleks for consideration.

[quote="PhilH231"]
Quote :
...In that case, would it be possible to have the AG36 grenade launcher attaching to either the XM8 or the FN SCAR? According to wikipedia, the AG36 was evaluated for both these weapons.

Theoretically, yes. The XM8 Para would take a bit of work, as there are no grenade launchers in the file. One would have to create proper positioning, animations, and sounds for the ag36 GL. The Scar might be easier as it already has everything for an M203 GL. I'll try it out.

Couple of things, I don't just edit Stalkersoup files and put them out for public consumption. They need to be submitted to the Devs for inclusion in the mod. Be glad to share it with you via PM, for personal use. Second, sometimes certain attachments are left off as they cause a "bad bone" error, very difficult to track down and fix. Witness the "set_bone_visible" error in Pripyat when you approach Doc. This has persisted over many patches, and so far has eluded a fix. TB has a line in TB3D_Modders.script to remove "bad" weapons. It works most of the time.

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 5:48

Quote :

In that case, would it be possible to have the AG36 grenade launcher attaching to either the XM8 or the FN SCAR? According to wikipedia, the AG36 was evaluated for both these weapons.

PhilH231, for some reason I can't send you a PM from the forum. Try sending me one, and I'll reply. I have all 3 SCARs modded for the ag36 GL.

PostSubject: Re: M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers   

Back to top Go down

M406-HE and underbarrel grenade launchers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1