STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My dead ends
by pchester Today at 19:31

» Pripyat. Meet the loners
by sjohnson Today at 11:36

» Collector: 1st Agroprom stash location
by PhilH231 Yesterday at 21:06

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by zone Yesterday at 19:56

» Kostya's x18 stash
by sjohnson Yesterday at 19:56

» Sidorovich mission Military suit
by Chef-70 Yesterday at 16:14

» Screw and Spanners
by meadle Yesterday at 15:54

» Suits for Akim (Spoilers!)
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 10:53

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

sjohnson

nemisis1842khann

meadle

Rat Catcher

joy division

PhilH231

shipss45

Sword2012

TecnoBacon

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5770 messages in 658 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

sjohnson, Sword2012

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Slow game saves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Slow game saves   Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:21

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, and it seems a bit weird because the forum is so empty but I recently got Stalkersoup up and working thanks to the forum here so I thought I may as well post my question.

I seem to have really slow save games (both quick save using F6 and menu save), they take about 20-30 seconds and the game basically freezes during this time. I remember in Stalker SoC and the earlier Stalkersoup megamod that the saves were pretty quick and seamless...

Is there something that might cause a slowdown?

Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 23:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I seem to have really slow save games (both quick save using F6 and menu save), they take about 20-30 seconds and the game basically freezes during this time. I remember in Stalker SoC and the earlier Stalkersoup megamod that the saves were pretty quick and seamless...

Is there something that might cause a slowdown?
Hi EridanusAlpha

What's your computer's specification, please?
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 0:57

Hi,

I have a windows 10 home 64-bit system, i7-7700k 4.2Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Geforce gtx 1060 6Gb. Game is installed on a fast 1Tb 7200rpm HDD, Windows runs on a separate m.2 128Gb SSD.

This rig is brand new, I really don't think it is lacking in any specs...

Drivers are up to date, directX is up to date.

Game runs quite fine except for this one problem. I wouldn't mind really, I'm just a bit of a save spammer Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 7:48

The number of saves maybe the problem.
Having too many saves has been known to cuase problems in the past.

TB recommends no more than 12 save files at a time. Other than that, I have not heard of any save file related problems.

Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 7:50

I just started playing the game, so I don't really have any saves yet...
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 8:04

Thats weird... I have never known that before. The loading times for the game are slightly longer due to the huge content in the game, But my PC usually saves within a few seconds...

I also have heard about problems with windows 10... but I dont use it....

If you wait until later today, there may be someone else who can offer a better answer...

I guess for now you are playing the lastest version, installed to a secondary hard drive?
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 8:45

I updated the game using the supplied updater and yes, it is installed on a secondary hard drive. Everything else works fine - its just the saving that is slow.

It seems to really struggle too, the music starts to go:
der der der der der der de de de de de de de d d d d d d d d d d d...
Then the screen freezes. The first time it happened I thought it had crashed. Sometimes I think I can hear ragdoll sound effects when it unfreezes too, like when you load a game sometimes you can hear the NPCs spawning.
Back to top Go down
shaman
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 9:06

This would happen to me on one of the older versions(1.0.9.9.9 I think) when saving and quicksaving, back then it only did it when the game was on my ssd, was fine on regular hdd. The current version on windows 10 is fine for me though, I'm not even sure what caused it the first time on 1.0.9.9.9
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 11:35

I never use quicks save as they were problematic with all the stalker games. Quick saves often became corrupted...

I usually play for 15-20 mins before making a full save. I usually overwrite the last save also...
do you have auto-saving tunred on?

and did you do a complete new install..

some of the app_data folders may have conflicting files in them...
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:45

Yea, I also do full saves but I do a lot of quick saves (it's my poor game play style). I did try to install the game a couple of times, so maybe there are conflicting files. How would I test this?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:06

Your PC has a superb spec, but do you have any major apps running in the background. Is it free of parasites and other nasties? Does it run well with other apps and games without slowdown?

Have you had this problem ever since starting the game as 'Marked One'?

Have you looked through the Installer Help guide here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This covers most known problems regarding the game's installation, setup, and running

If not, I'd suggest saving your 'app_data' folder, and reinstalling the game from scratch following the guide to the letter. It's a straightforward process that we've all been through many, many times... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jherit01
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:03

EridanusAlpha,

Sword2012 is right, your PC specs are excellent! Nice rig! When I first moved to Windows10 I found numerous background programs running which, IMO, degraded overall performance and especially in game play. From Anti-virus needing to be put into Silent or Gaming mode, to programs like "F-Lux" which constantly measure screen lighting with time of day and geographic location to present the user with the 'perfect' display, not to mention the many, many ways W10 links to external programs and tracks user activities.
I found I had to go into Setup/Settings and turn off or change a LOT of settings.

My personal quirk is detesting a "connected life". I found Windows10 to be so intrusive (again, personal opinion) that I abandoned it and moved back to W7 Pro as fast as I could.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 23:04

Hi jherit,
Me too. I have the W10 flashdrive but not loaded. I understand though that it is possible with W10 to have a virtual drive with W7 on. Of course if you have 2xSSDs, and a good bios (mine is Asus Republic of Gamers iirc) and this allows dual booting, imo that might work. Other Forum members are likely more knowledgeable than I. Regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 23:09

Yea, I also do full saves but I do a lot of quick saves (it's my poor game play style). I did try to install the game a couple of times, so maybe there are conflicting files. How would I test this?

Have you run a full virus check. If okay, try using DX9 and set grass to minimum ie far left, turn off grass shadow and bloom, may help.
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 9:29

Ok, so I finally had some time to try and fix this.

I followed you guys' advice and reinstalled stalkersoup from scratch. I deleted my appdata folder completely (I was only 5 mins into the game so I didn't mind). Then I followed the installation instructions posted here on the forum.

Now the game works perfectly! It is much smoother now too.

I think what happened was, the first time I installed it, I started a new game but I saved the game before it had a chance to autosave and make the 'ALL' save file. In the instructions it states:

"First, start a brand new game (‘Enter the Zone’) until you see a new save, STALKER START, appear on the screen. This will create a new savegame file named 'ALL' which will affect all future saves, and take into account all the new improvements to the game"

So basically, I was running the updated game, but I saved too early and the ALL save file couldn't take effect, meaning the game was not taking into account any updates etc...

TLDR: Reinstalled game, waited for first game autosave before saving, now all problems fixed
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 12:03

Reinstalled game, waited for first game autosave before saving, now all problems fixed

Thanks for the good news, and confirming the Installation Help guide works... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow game saves   

Back to top Go down

Slow game saves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: