STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My dead ends
by pchester Today at 19:31

» Pripyat. Meet the loners
by sjohnson Today at 11:36

» Collector: 1st Agroprom stash location
by PhilH231 Yesterday at 21:06

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by zone Yesterday at 19:56

» Kostya's x18 stash
by sjohnson Yesterday at 19:56

» Sidorovich mission Military suit
by Chef-70 Yesterday at 16:14

» Screw and Spanners
by meadle Yesterday at 15:54

» Suits for Akim (Spoilers!)
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 10:53

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

sjohnson

nemisis1842khann

meadle

Rat Catcher

joy division

PhilH231

shipss45

Sword2012

TecnoBacon

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5770 messages in 658 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

sjohnson

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Question about zone connections

Go down 
AuthorMessage
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 2:19

I can not get to the Army Warehouse via the Rostok area, the road that should lead to it just leads to a drop off into nowhere, and takes me to the same place as the entrance in the south.

Is this normal? Wondering if I am bugged, or if I should just keep doing quests ect, I don't want any spoilers I'd just like to know if this is normal.
Back to top Go down
Hipster Doofus
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 4:54

Have you been to Yantar yet? Do those jobs then come back.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 15:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Have you been to Yantar yet? Do those jobs then come back.

Yes, before you can get to AW from the Bar you need to do what Hipster Doofus said, rescue someone, and then do a favor for the Barkeep

Alternatively Snitch will offer you a route, if you trust him enough to part with 100,000Ru...
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 15:48

I do have a quest to give beads to the professor, but there is no option to turn the beads in.
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 15:51

have you turned off the brain scorcher?you cant get to the later maps until that has happened.

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 17:32

I do have a quest to give beads to the professor, but there is no option to turn the beads in.

For dialogue checking, which Beads artefact have you been asked to provide for Sakharov, please?
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:21

have you turned off the brain scorcher?you cant get to the later maps until that has happened.

No, I actually thought I had to go through Army warehouse to do that.
I've only played stalker once and it was vanilla and my memory kind of sucks.

I think I might have found the way to do that, so I might be all set, especially now knowing that I don't have to find it atm to unlock more areas.
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:24

For dialogue checking, which Beads artefact have you been asked to provide for Sakharov, please?

"Find an Glassbeads artefact for Sakharov"

I also get no credit in the quest log for currently possessing a Glassbeads Artefact (I have two).
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:38

I also get no credit in the quest log for currently possessing a Glassbeads Artefact (I have two).

That depends on what glassbeads you have... there are technically 4 kinds.. you need the next more powerful one.
This particualr part of the dialogues is currently being worked on, and we should translate it correctly within the next patch.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:48

That depends on what glassbeads you have... there are technically 4 kinds.. you need the next more powerful one.
This particular part of the dialogues is currently being worked on, and we should translate it correctly within the next patch.

Yes, the text should read 'Find an Elder Beads artefact for Sakharov'
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 1:05

...and now I have some quest to find a labyrinth and the only transition I can find in the bottom of the cave warps me back to the garbage the exact same way that I came in...

I have absolutely no idea what "He is in a place crash in the cave. It's in a hall which can be accessed through a narrow shaft, rising on a steep wall in the lower level of the caves" means.
Back to top Go down
Hipster Doofus
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 2:33

Firstly you cannot get to x10 (brain scorcher) for a long time. That comes after getting to the Army Warehouses.

The artifact that the scientist wants you get from doing jobs for the Duty guard in Garbage.

For the transition to Army Warehouse give the barkeep Kruglov's usb stick.

You were nearly at the correct transition for the Labyrinth. From the one that goes to Garbage you should see a couple of carts. Go there. Look up. You can climb the wall. Go left then right through the hole. Turn left. It's in the corner.

You really nees one of the guides to help you.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 2:56

I have absolutely no idea what "He is in a place crash in the cave. It's in a hall which can be accessed through a narrow shaft, rising on a steep wall in the lower level of the caves" means.

This area used to be my least favorite part of the game until a fellow Stalker guided me through it, for which I shall be eternally grateful...

The text for this part, in the next patch, will read
'Miner gave me information on how to access the Labyrinth from the Caves. In an area with a couple of mining carts, in the lower levels, is a shaft set high in the wall. If I can make my way up to it, I should be able to find the Labyrinth...

I used to hate this horribly claustrophobic map. Now, after having been there many times, I treat it as a psychological training ground, just like many other parts of the game... What a Face
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 5:26

Did you get the beads/recipe for them from another job? If so and Sak is not accepting them, I suggest you send the autosave.sav file on entering Yantar, plus the original request for the route by MO or from Sak which may by now in your archives, plus .log, if you have this last, all to TB as this is the only way he can sort out any problems etc.
In case you haven't task saves, these can be turned on in Esc, Advanced Options, and .log files can be turned on in Launcher.
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 17:16

Did you get the beads/recipe for them from another job?

No I don't think so. I don't have the right beads, I'll find them eventually I am sure, I was just worried that it was the only way to progress, and that I was bugged.
Back to top Go down
binky69
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 17:18

Thanks a lot for all the help btw ppl. I had no idea I could climb walls LOL, I even saw that little cliff and tried to figure out how to get to where it led.

The cave gets way more fun through that hole, I like it a lot now, plenty to fight again.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 20:51

No I don't think so. I don't have the right beads, I'll find them eventually I am sure, I was just worried that it was the only way to progress, and that I was bugged.

The game usually works out, if you click on Marked One's (MO) text and seek info from all NCPs, some give useful game stash info for Cossacks Vodka, some others will give you recipes/information/TPs for completing tasks. There is a storyline and once you have done the essential WishGranter (WG) as first required by TB, then it approximately follows the 2010 guide. In a first playthrough of level 0, this guide, as well as Plesskyn's can be very useful, as can the YT videos by Grimwald Gaming on Level 0, which takes you up to almost the end of Level 0.
If a glitch does occur and is reported to TB, it will be dealt with in the next update. Meanwhile, players sometimes start Level 1, which can be played separately. If doing this, I copy my entire games folder, elsewhere, and before doing so. Then once a glitch is fixed, you can revert to the Level 0, since whilst the 2 levels can be played seperately, imo, it is best to complete level 0 and it will lead into level 1.
If this is already known by you, it may help others, regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 14:32

Hi binky69, before you actually get the recipe to "cook" the elder glassbeads, you can get them from Prapor, the Duty guard in Garbage for a quest early in the game. Don't remember the quest items, but something like pseudodog tails, medkits, or flesh eyes. Since you need them for Sakharov, it pays to do Prapor's quests promptly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about zone connections    

Back to top Go down

Question about zone connections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: