STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Nokoyou

identical123

Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Blind_doge

yusufhamdan

nemisis1842khann

chucksar

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Blind_doge

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 17:48

Does anyone know the infoportion to trigger the appearance of the helicopter bearing Panther?

I've done this mission several times - gone to RT, found the cave, gone to see Fang in the Fiery Cave, brought him to the Secret Cave and spoken to Fly - but the helicopter is not appearing. All the dialogue between MO and Fang seems okay, but no chopper!

I seem to recall it being the case at one point that once the cave had been located, not to do any quicksaves or this would prevent the helicopter turning up. Done the mission 4 times today from the map change autosave, but no joy.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 19:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone know the infoportion to trigger the appearance of the helicopter bearing Panther?

I've done this mission several times - gone to RT, found the cave, gone to see Fang in the Fiery Cave, brought him to the Secret Cave and spoken to Fly - but the helicopter is not appearing. All the dialogue between MO and Fang seems okay, but no chopper!

I seem to recall it being the case at one point that once the cave had been located, not to do any quicksaves or this would prevent the helicopter turning up. Done the mission 4 times today from the map change autosave, but no joy.

I am not aware of a save/load problem here. I occasionally have to quicksave/quickload to get Fang moving if he gets stuck. Admittedly this is before actually reaching the cave.

Sorry, I can't find an info portion to spawn the helicopter - which either means I don't know what to look for, or - more likely - the helicopter's arrival is hard-coded into the game.

The dialogue after talking to Fly in the cave is:
dialogue:

How much of this do you get?
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 20:30

Hi pchester - thanks for your reply

dialogue:

I get this dialogue - then nothing happens. Looking at some old notes from a previous game, I think MO should be able to hear the chopper approaching whilst in the cave. If MO leaves the cave and talks to Fang, there is the following bit of dialogue:

dialogue:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:12

Hi pchester - thanks for your reply

dialogue:

I get this dialogue - then nothing happens. Looking at some old notes from a previous game, I think MO should be able to hear the chopper approaching whilst in the cave. If MO leaves the cave and talks to Fang, there is the following bit of dialogue:

dialogue:

Hmm, strange. I just replayed that section from an old save game and I couldn't reproduce the problem. The helicopter sounds began after the conversation with Fly and as Fang said "...it seems we have guests..." and they landed as usual.

Your game is apparently missing some trigger point for the helicopter spawning, but I don't know what that is. I suggest that you send TecnoBacon (at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) an explanation of the problem and a save game from before reaching the cave, and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 23:26

dialogue:

Please accept my apologies for the horrendous dialogue here, and in other places like it  No

We simply haven't got to those parts of the game yet to experience them in context...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 10:00

Please accept my apologies for the horrendous dialogue here, and in other places like it  No

We simply haven't got to those parts of the game yet to experience them in context...

Hi Sword. There is no need for you to apologise for this one. We know that you are working through the multitudes of dialogue files as quickly as you can, and this one will get done eventually. You and your team are doing a great job turning Stalkersoup's machine-translated gobbledegook into something that actually makes sense!
scratch  study lol!
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 12:19

Sorted!

Firstly, I deleted all the saves made after the Autosave that got MO to RT.
Secondly, when bringing Fang to the Cave entrance kept well clear of the Infirmary (noticed yesterday that if MO takes Fang too close to Infirmary, was getting a task triggered (Maples - collect artefact task). These are, as far as I can tell, the major differences in the play. Anyhow, after speaking to Fly & Fang could clearly hear the approaching helicopter and even caught a glimpse of it as leaving the cave. After that, everything went smoothly.

Sword
I think the dialogue here - and most other places is really getting there. But I kind of hope you will leave in such gems as:
"Yes it is necessary to be winded on a marsh. Will throw on a revolving object?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up   

Back to top Go down

Help with Secret Cave - Helicopter not turning up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1