STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Nokoyou

identical123

Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Blind_doge

yusufhamdan

nemisis1842khann

chucksar

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

grayxy

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 19:46

Just asking... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I assume that this your own PDA, the one that went wrong in Cordon after your first visit to X-18. After returning to the Bar technician to get it fixed. is it only in Cordon that it still doesn't work?

Did you take the direct route back when it went wrong? (Cordon -> Garbage -> Bar). I have heard that returning via Dark Valley can cause problems, but I have never gone that way.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 1:57

I assume that this your own PDA, the one that went wrong in Cordon after your first visit to X-18. After returning to the Bar technician to get it fixed. is it only in Cordon that it still doesn't work?

Did you take the direct route back when it went wrong? (Cordon -> Garbage -> Bar). I have heard that returning via Dark Valley can cause problems, but I have never gone that way.

When the PDA went wrong what i was gonna' do was give Fanatic the Laptop to teleport to Army Warehouses; maybe that's why my PDA doesn't work, 'cause i don't suppose to go there yet, to Army Warehouses?, there i travel to Bar through the normal entrance to Bar in Garbage... i don't know, guys... sorry...

Offtopic: I LOVED too much how the bandits fight in their way with the Military at the exit of X-18... cheers , they killed some of the military guys and made my life much more easier, i'm proud that i choose the way of give a medkit to the bandit!!
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 3:41

the PDA broken mission (taking the cordon north route like normal) never activated for me on 110015 after completing x18, something is messed up on it with this version.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 8:02

My PDA Sorta fixed itself after i finish X-16... no idea why... i remember clearly get the PDA before going to X-16 and the PDA in Cordon was broken, and now... no idea...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 10:26

Stalkersoup is a very complicated game, with several large and complex mods plus brand new storyline, being somehow merged and massaged by TecnoBacon, Alex and others into one functioning game. It is not surprising that sometimes we take an unexpected path and miss some important trigger.

Depending on the order in which you choose to visit new areas, it is possible to get some transitions too early - e.g. from the Labyrinth to Yantar (and hence to WT by the back door), and from ATP to AW - before you reach those areas by the "official" route. This can break tasks and generally mess up your game. Crying or Very sad

TecnoBacon has advised sticking to the vanilla path up to the Wishgranter, so that these areas are opened correctly. Of course, anyone not familiar with the original game may not know which maps are original and which are new, and even experienced Stalkers can be easily sidetracked. I must admit that I always find the newer areas such as Caves/Labyrinth and ATP too tempting to wait that long (the Swamps is one of my least-favourite areas, so I have no trouble avoiding that one for as long as I can! Rolling Eyes ), I just have to remember not use those teleports before time!
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 17:28

Stalkersoup is a very complicated game, with several large and complex mods plus brand new storyline, being somehow merged and massaged by TecnoBacon, Alex and others into one functioning game. It is not surprising that sometimes we take an unexpected path and miss some important trigger.

Depending on the order in which you choose to visit new areas, it is possible to get some transitions too early - e.g. from the Labyrinth to Yantar (and hence to WT by the back door), and from ATP to AW - before you reach those areas by the "official" route. This can break tasks and generally mess up your game. Crying or Very sad

TecnoBacon has advised sticking to the vanilla path up to the Wishgranter, so that these areas are opened correctly. Of course, anyone not familiar with the original game may not know which maps are original and which are new, and even experienced Stalkers can be easily sidetracked. I must admit that I always find the newer areas such as Caves/Labyrinth and ATP too tempting to wait that long (the Swamps is one of my least-favourite areas, so I have no trouble avoiding that one for as long as I can! Rolling Eyes ), I just have to remember not use those teleports before time!

Don't get me wrong pchester, i'm having LOT of fun playin' it, just that sometimes the bugs... are bugs, but we appreciate the work TB & cia is putting in the mod, sadly that's the dirty work and sometimes is not very awarded... the hours, days even weeks in front of a computer tryin' to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Soup free of bugs, especially when so many mods are put together and many of them don't work very well with others...

Just... wanna' know what i love of these games, mods of whatever name you wanna' use?, seeing that i can defy myself overcoming barriers, like killing and obtaining the info from the Institute of Agroprom and escaping from the military dancing between bullets and grenades... that's what i love for these games and especially from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Stalker Soup... so, well... let's just hope that TB never change that!! I'm not gonna' lie to you, guys... i'm playin' too Call of hernobyl, and men, sometimes is also Challenging that mod, i use said mod, and as addon, a weapon mod called Arsenal Overhaul or STCoP Weapon Pack, and Outfit Addon, and... so many hours i spent travelling through the Zone with those mods, so, for that... for giving us the chance to escape of our reality, thank you Guys, really!!

Edit: Forgive my english... i'm from Spain, so... well, i don't speak very well the english...
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 19:39

Forgive my english... i'm from Spain, so... well, i don't speak very well the english...

Don't worry, you are doing great. (And your English is far better than my Spanish!)
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:13

Forgive my english... i'm from Spain, so... well, i don't speak very well the english...

Don't worry, you are doing great. (And your English is far better than my Spanish!)

Thank you, ^^!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:58

... the hours, days even weeks in front of a computer tryin' to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Soup free of bugs...

If only...

Try 'years'... Very Happy

Last edited by Sword2012 on Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 14:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 6:14

... the hours, days even weeks in front of a computer tryin' to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Soup free of bugs...

If only... Try 'years'... Very Happy

Exactly, i forget that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???   

Back to top Go down

Why is my PDA still broken in Cordon after I fixed it???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1