STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» How do I get into Warlab's secret laboratory?
by Rat Catcher Today at 0:11

» Strange problem trying to reach Lightning
by sjohnson Yesterday at 23:53

» A possible translation bug?
by pchester Yesterday at 23:02

» X-10 and the invisible's
by pchester Yesterday at 22:41

» New Website design - Heavy under construction!
by Warezz.K Yesterday at 13:11

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by pchester Yesterday at 10:07

» Associate bug remover
by nemisis1842khann Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 14:02

» blowout warnings
by zone Sat 21 Jul 2018 - 5:50

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Rat Catcher
 
Statistics
We have 541 registered users
The newest registered user is sneakybandit

Our users have posted a total of 6318 messages in 722 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Rat Catcher

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 
 

 NPP1 - Ghost won't move

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blind_doge
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-07-13
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 23:59

I'm on the mission to find Panther. I went to Ghost at CNPP and talked to him. He said something about the generators and a transition near a mobile military camp. So I went there and killed all the military guys, no transition there or anything, went back to Ghost and no dialogue option.

What now?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 10:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm on the mission to find Panther. I went to Ghost at CNPP and talked to him. He said something about the generators and a transition near a mobile military camp. So I went there and killed all the military guys, no transition there or anything, went back to Ghost and no dialogue option.

What now?

It sounds as if you started off too quickly. Ghost is supposed to lead you to the new transition, and if you get too far away from him he will just stop and wait for you to return before moving on. When you get close to the transition Ghost will stop and wait for you to speak to him again. The transition will then appear and you can go through.

If you are fairly close to Ghost and he still doesn't respond, try using quicksave-quickload. This will often free up a frozen NPC. If that doesn't work, you may need to restart from an earlier save.

Tip: Now that you know where they are, you can clear out the soldiers before talking to Ghost.
Back to top Go down
Blind_doge
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-07-13
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 16:22

Quicksave-quickload worked just fine! At the generators now and I'm supposed to find Boatswain. That's Ghost apparently, marker showed me to him anyway. So I talked to him and went back to the Black Doctor and took the chopper to the Marsh.

"Find Boatswain" mission still active. Couldn't make much out of the dialogues.

I'm as clueless as a stone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 17:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Quicksave-quickload worked just fine! At the generators now and I'm supposed to find Boatswain. That's Ghost apparently, marker showed me to him anyway. So I talked to him and went back to the Black Doctor and took the chopper to the Marsh.

"Find Boatswain" mission still active. Couldn't make much out of the dialogues.

I'm as clueless as a stone. Laughing

You need to find Boatswain because he is not affected by the psi field surrounding the Monolith base.

The helicopter will have dropped you north of the boundary fence to the Swamp. Stay on that side of the fence and head for Boatswain's location, which should be marked on your map.
Spoiler:
 

You have to lead Boatswain to meet the helicopter for transport back to Generators. You will be told where you need to go. (It's a fun journey!  Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Blind_doge
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-07-13
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 22:11

Can't find the way to get under the railway bridge. :/ No marker in the swamps on Boatswain's location.

And I guess this is a bug, that's Ghost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 22:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Can't find the way to get under the railway bridge. :/ No marker in the swamps on Boatswain's location.

And I guess this is a bug, that's Ghost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry, you are right, there isn't a map marker.

Here are some screenies to show you where you need to go:

Screenshots:
 

What version of Stalkersoup are you playing? The Ghost=Boatswain name was a bug several versions ago, but I haven't seen it for while.
Back to top Go down
Blind_doge
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-07-13
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 0:04

Hmmm. No way over the fence. Even if I get over it, I'll get "stuck" by the radiation. I can go right of the transition marker but it teleports me back in front of the transition.

I'm playing on version 1. release 1 rev 0015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Blind_doge
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-07-13
Age : 22
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 1:53

I watched Grimwald's playthrough, when taking the chopper to the swamps you get placed north of the transition. On the first run the surroundings didn't load so I used TP command to Clear Sky base hence I couldn't get abck to the path.
I thought all this was a bug.
So I reloaded old save and with some patience I managed to get to him.

By the way, what's up with the TP on the right side of the transition?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 10:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I watched Grimwald's playthrough, when taking the chopper to the swamps you get placed north of the transition. On the first run the surroundings didn't load so I used TP command to Clear Sky base hence I couldn't get abck to the path.
I thought all this was a bug.
So I reloaded old save and with some patience I managed to get to him.

By the way, what's up with the TP on the right side of the transition?

There are a few places where the map textures don't always load. It used to happen fairly frequently at the Bar transition to Garbage. If you look away from the missing textures they usually pop in again. (I just do a 360°.)

There is a hole in the boundary fence, it is hidden in some reeds a little east of the farm. Just follow the fence and you will find it. I usually mark it with a GPS locator.

If you mean the Swamp-Agroprom transition, yes, there is a portal trap there, but fortunately it only pushes you back a short way. I have learned to approach the transition from the left to avoid it. There are similar (but even more annoying!) TPs that appear e.g. in Agroprom, where you can have a clear road to the Garbage exit and suddenly find yourself in the northern valley. I think their only purpose is to keep you on your toes!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 10:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmmm. No way over the fence. Even if I get over it, I'll get "stuck" by the radiation. I can go right of the transition marker but it teleports me back in front of the transition.

I'm playing on version 1. release 1 rev 0015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You don't need to get over the fence, the helicopter drops you on the correct side.

[EDIT: okay, I read your explanation in your other post. See my reply there. also re. a gap in the fence and the mini-teleport.]

Yes you have to be careful of high-radiation areas, but you can avoid them or run through and take an anti-rad.

Well, you are playing the latest version, so I don't know why you are still seeing the incorrect name.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 72
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 15:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Well, you are playing the latest version, so I don't know why you are still seeing the incorrect name.

Hi pchester, seems that the label has "reverted" in 15, at least in my game Ghost was also shown as Boatswain in Generators.

_________________________________________________
Один выстрел один труп
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 16:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Well, you are playing the latest version, so I don't know why you are still seeing the incorrect name.

Hi pchester, seems that the label has "reverted" in 15, at least in my game Ghost was also shown as Boatswain in Generators.

Ah, interesting, thanks. I haven't reached there yet in my current game.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran


Posts : 400
Join date : 2017-07-13
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   Sun 26 Nov 2017 - 7:36

game engine scripting issue, reloading gamesave ussually fixes it for me on cases like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NPP1 - Ghost won't move   

Back to top Go down
 
NPP1 - Ghost won't move
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: