STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Error message and help/support subforum
by grayxy Yesterday at 17:43

» Thank you to team SS!
by sjohnson Yesterday at 12:12

» Balance and other thoughts, woes
by oxe222 Yesterday at 2:50

» Minimap doesn't show dots (other Stalkers)
by papanoel Yesterday at 0:04

» Collector level up 1
by oxe222 Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 16:07

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by pchester Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 13:01

» Moving STALKERSOUP to another hard drive. Any help, please?
by Sword2012 Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 12:34

» No CTD on entering Collector
by pchester Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 14:44

January 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

sjohnson

grayxy

oxe222

Namah

papanoel

Sword2012

danecek777

Statistics
We have 332 registered users
The newest registered user is Aslansboy

Our users have posted a total of 3841 messages in 404 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pchester

PostSubject: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 20:46

Er, I just jumped off a wall and broke my leg... affraid

Thanks (I think) to Aleks1970, TecnoBacon, Sword2012 and everyone else involved.

To all, the easiest way to install the patch is to use the updater (UpdateSS.exe) in your STALKERSOUP folder.

Your previous Gamedata folder should have been copied to a backup folder and a new Gamedata folder created. If you have edited any files that you want to keep, remember to copy them to the new folder.

EDIT: As I was forcefully reminded by unexpected CTDs, some files will have been updated, so be careful when copying old-version files into the new Gamedata!

When you restart the game, start a new game (Enter the Zone) to create a new all.sav file. This ensures that you get the benefit of any changes. Then you should be okay to load your previous game and continue.

Last edited by pchester on Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:14

1.1.0016 installed, new game saved (all.sav) and existing game resumed without any initial issues.

Many thanks to TechnoBacon, Sword2012, Aleks1970!!!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
1.1.0016 installed, new game saved (all.sav) and existing game resumed without any initial issues.

Many thanks to TechnoBacon, Sword2012, Aleks1970!!!

Hi sjohnson. Have you tried, or can you please try, entering the main bar area? I am getting a CTD as soon as I get close to the centre from either end or using ESC-F2.

The error is...
XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "F:\Games\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11_extended\XR_3DA.exe" at 0023:0046E25F, CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()+239 byte(s)

XR_3DA.exe, CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()
[error][     183]    : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

...which, I think, means the game is trying to load a 'bad' item. It could be something in my stash, but I just tried jumping straight to the Bar from a new game start and that also crashes with a similar error:

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "F:\Games\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11_extended\XR_3DA.exe" at 0023:00000000

[error][     183]    : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

If it is just me, I will start a new game.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:44

Hey pchester,

I loaded an old save from my current game and traveled Yantar->WT->Rostok without any problem. I spoke with Barkeep, again no problem.

If this is not what you need me to do, please advise. Good luck and thanks!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:58

Hey pchester,

I loaded an old save from my current game and traveled Yantar->WT->Rostok without any problem.  I spoke with Barkeep, again no problem.

If this is not what you need me to do, please advise.  Good luck and thanks!

Ok sjohnson, thanks for trying. I think it must be something in my game setup ... probably caused by too much file tinkering! Time for another reinstall and restart, I guess!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 23:06

Hey pchester,

I loaded an old save from my current game and traveled Yantar->WT->Rostok without any problem.  I spoke with Barkeep, again no problem.

If this is not what you need me to do, please advise.  Good luck and thanks!

Ok sjohnson, thanks for trying. I think it must be something in my game setup ... probably caused by too much file tinkering! Time for another reinstall and restart, I guess!

Okay, as I suspected, it was my file editing. I had edited items.ltx so that I could stash PDAs, and this was "overwriting" the updated file.

And no, it probably won't stop me tinkering. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 12:38

Installed patch 16.
Start a new game for the new all file, but when I talk to astrologer at the second question the game crashes.
I've removed the tb3d_dyn_spawn.script that I had added before.
In the log file there is no data.
That's all:
Initializing File System...
using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
--found external arch mp_military_2.xdb0
FS: 119 files cached, 186Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 0.013033 sec
'xrCore' build 3312, Feb 27 2008
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 12:41

I'm at Jupiter underground, first time. When I get the zep doc the game freezes.
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 12:51

Sadly, the Nightvision still gives problems when you get out of the inventory... Neutral
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 18:53

I'm at Jupiter underground, first time. When I get the zep doc the game freezes.

Do you have any old edited files in your Gamedata folder? If so, try removing or renaming them and see if the basic game still freezes there.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 19:57

Er, I just jumped off a wall and broke my leg... affraid

Thanks (I think) to Aleks1970, TecnoBacon, Sword2012 and everyone else involved.

To all, the easiest way to install the patch is to use the updater (UpdateSS.exe) in your STALKERSOUP folder.

Your previous Gamedata folder should have been copied to a backup folder and a new Gamedata folder created. If you have edited any files that you want to keep, remember to copy them to the new folder.

EDIT: As I was forcefully reminded by unexpected CTDs, some files will have been updated, so be careful when copying old-version files into the new Gamedata!

When you restart the game, start a new game (Enter the Zone) to create a new all.sav file. This ensures that you get the benefit of any changes. Then you should be okay to load your previous game and continue.
MEDIC !!! MEDIC !!! the pain OMG broke my five times after new patch, guys, please help. i'm trying to find the secret stash in the radar near helicopter, found 1 near trunk by the helicopter in the forest aria, but it's not it, in scrolling like a rat all over the rocks and climbing trees like a monkey, jumping over and of thing, to find this stash, all i got was a snap crackle pop sound lol! any ideas on it, i looked at both the helicopters, i cannot find that stash.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 21:43

While the pain/broken bone feature is somewhat realistic, MO seems to have a Calcium deficiency in the current (1.1.0016) release.  Simple impacts that caused injury but did not incapacitate MO in the past require rather extensive medical assistance now, IMHO. I'm much more careful when jumping, now.

For instance, jumping over the fence in Yantar when exiting the Lab completely incapacitated me for over an hour (of sleep), which is unrealistic when you consider I had to sleep since medkits (even whey tablets) did nothing to enable anything other than slow movement.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 23:03

While the pain/broken bone feature is somewhat realistic, MO seems to have a Calcium deficiency in the current (1.1.0016) release.  Simple impacts that caused injury but did not incapacitate MO in the past require rather extensive medical assistance now, IMHO. I'm much more careful when jumping, now

I agree, it quickly proved too damaging for my leap-across-everything play style! affraid  Fortunately there are settings in the tb3d_Modders.Script to lessen or remove this effect. I have chosen to lessen it and it seems far more realistic.

use_bone_fracture = true -- (true)  110016, Injuries from falling and hits in the legs and arms
bone_fracture_easy = true -- (false) 110016, less injury occurs
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 23:54

Reinstalled the game.
110012+1.10016

Always stuck.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:19

While the pain/broken bone feature is somewhat realistic, MO seems to have a Calcium deficiency in the current (1.1.0016) release.  Simple impacts that caused injury but did not incapacitate MO in the past require rather extensive medical assistance now, IMHO. I'm much more careful when jumping, now

I agree, it quickly proved too damaging for my leap-across-everything play style! affraid  Fortunately there are settings in the tb3d_Modders.Script to lessen or remove this effect. I have chosen to lessen it and it seems far more realistic.

use_bone_fracture = true -- (true)  110016, Injuries from falling and hits in the legs and arms
bone_fracture_easy = true -- (false) 110016, less injury occurs
I observed an unfortunate side effect of editing the tb3d_Modders.Script to the above value:

I have relatively full radiation immunity due to suit and artifacts.  When traveling from the WT->Yantar transition to the Yantar->Agroprom transition, I strayed too far South and hit the radiation wall.

While my health, radiation level and suit condition remain at or near 100%, my stamina quickly goes to 0% and I can't move.  MO is "stuck" in the radiation with a now broken bone and the game needs to be reloaded to continue.  I haven't checked, but assume the issue would happen even with a vanilla Modders script.

This is not a show-stopper where I'm at, but I can imagine a scenario where MO ends up in dire trouble due to being stuck!
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:51

Another gotcha:

When sprinting, when "falling" off a steep hillside (one that can be jogged or walked with no problem), MO appears to lose whatever is deployed in slot 1 or 2, much like what a psi-dog does. You can sometimes see it being ripped out of your hands (again, like a psi-dog).

So, when sprinting I make sure nothing is deployed. Except, while sprinting in Recon from the Dump->Recon transition to the infirmary, I "fell" and ended up losing my repair toolkit! It took quite a while to find it as it slid downhill after being wrenched from my backpack. Ouch!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 12:55

This is not a show-stopper where I'm at, but I can imagine a scenario where MO ends up in dire trouble due to being stuck!

You can buy a new medicinal item, Morphine (looks like a stick with coloured ends) to "mend" broken bones (no, I don't know how morphine mends bones, it just does!). I will be carrying a few from now on, just in case. I have also found that the red Wound Dressing can help. Morphine is in the spawn menu under DMX MEDICINE if you get stuck without it.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 14:45

Another gotcha:

When sprinting, when "falling" off a steep hillside (one that can be jogged or walked with no problem), MO appears to lose whatever is deployed in slot 1 or 2, much like what a psi-dog does.  You can sometimes see it being ripped out of your hands (again, like a psi-dog).

So, when sprinting I make sure nothing is deployed.  Except, while sprinting in Recon from the Dump->Recon transition to the infirmary, I "fell" and ended up losing my repair toolkit!  It took quite a while to find it as it slid downhill after being wrenched from my backpack.  Ouch!

Thanks for the warning sjohnson! I just vaulted over a fence, "hurt" my hand, and didn't notice that I had dropped my shotgun ... until a bit later when I was attacked by three Bloodsuckers! affraid Something else to beware of as we dash madly around the Zone!
Back to top Go down
Vi_severance
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 10:06

Apart from the "CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()+239 byte(s)" error described above, I get an interesting glitch/bug: Started when I reached the line of RPG Monolith at the Stadium. Whenever I looted one, armor that I was wearing unequipped automatically. Then it got worse, armor would drop on the ground, and had to pick it up to re-equip. After that, armor would drop, and I would no longer be able to pick it up. Even going into inventory to equip another armor would mean dropping that one as well. Also, any items I tried to loot/pick up would just fall back to the ground.

Full disclosure: I edited "actor.ltx" and "inventory_sect.ltx" to get more carry weight, and had about 144 saves in total. I now have about 10 and after reloading previous saves, this glitch seems to have gone.
Am now re-installing to see if an earlier version will fix the "SetBoneVisible" crash that I get whenever I approach the check-point at the Bar (the one with many dogs).
Back to top Go down
Vi_severance
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 10:21

Update: the "CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()+239 byte(s)" error persists even after a reinstall and patch to version 16.0.
Back to top Go down
joy division
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 21:19

pdas that disappears.
When i loot corps and take pdas then they aren't in my rucksack.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 10:44

pdas that disappears.
When i loot corps and take pdas then they aren't in my rucksack.

I assume that this is a deliberate change.

In 1.1.0015, looted PDAs could not be stashed or sold, and I ended up with a large stack of them in my inventory. They have no weight, but having too many items in your inventory can cause problems, so it was an issue. Also Military PDAs were absent despite being needed for mutant detection upgrades or for sale to Snitch.

In 1.1.0016, looted PDAs no longer clutter up my inventory (although a count is probably being kept somewhere, as I think TB said he plans to use PDAs for something in the future) and Military PDAs are back.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 17:45

UPDATE:
I have a little bad news first. Some saves are corrupt by what appears to be an empty transition in the weather schemes that is now only showing up because of a correction in the forced weather options. When you load a save that crashes with 'cannot find section 'cs' or 'ac' then it has been corrupted by this transition. 110016.2 stops this corruption but so far I have not found a way to fix bad saves. For now you need to go back to a save that you can load, make a save and then reload the save without crashing and you should be ok. Remember to run the updater to get to 110016.2. I am very sorry about this as I should have not rushed the update for New Years...

Personal PDAs:
The PDAs that all NPC carry is to hook them into the net packet system which is used for on-line play and for the Geeks at the bar to track them for you. I remove them and keep a register of them so that the player inventory is not over-burdened by them. Military PDAs remain but are randomly spawned in their inventory for the Geek tasks and future tasks.

ISSUES TO KEEP IN MIND:
Until the new xr_3da.exe is released there are still limitations in the game. Too large an inventory for those playing in invincible (trainer) mode will start crashing without info in log. Too many files in the save folder will also crash the game when loading (options in launcher to auto-archive as well as removing the .dds files). Running the game in the programs(x86) folder will cause greater staggers as more file access security is invoked so best installed outside the programs folder or better yet a secondary drive (setting folder access to admin may also help). There are 2 levels that still have exit CTDs attributed to story ID clashes (Cordon and Waiting Room), these are in the all.spawn and hard to isolate.

STATE TO DATE:
Now that the key characters have all been mapped out any of them not in the all.spawn will be added to it which will eliminate their staggers on spawn. The new trader inventory system will also be optimized to reduce their spawn lag.
Dialog improvement should get back into high gear soon and get the rest of the main storyline finished which will improve the NS story greatly.
The Arena should be functioning right in 0016 starts and after, some earlier starts may still have issues with Arnie which I may try to come up with a restart of the Arena for depending on the number of submissions on this bug.
I modified the weather so that entering the outer levels (furthest from NPP) so they start grey in some and clear in some of the farthest ones to make the weather change more often. It rains a lot as right after a blowout the weather is always rainy, I am trying to shorten the time it rains afterward so there is more weather change throughout the zone.

WHERE I AM GOING NEXT:
I am working almost full time again (almost 2 years of bad health) but the game has suffered during this time. Steam shutting down the STALKER thread where I had over 4 million views and 40,000 responses really hurt (thanks aleks1970 for the new forum). Players thinking that STALKERSOUP was dead in the water. And a rough last few months trying to get back into it and stumbling a bit with new bugs getting made...
This has pretty much stopped donations and I have been funding it myself for the last few months, I did make a mistake with the USB drives as by the time the game was ready the shipping on them became astronomical for over seas as well as new restrictions have caused many to be held in customs and will eventually be returned to me (unregistered software, bla bla bla).
I have taken a chance on producing patches for FSS which I hope new players will want and become members, existing members who have donated should get in touch with me and see about them too.

I hope that the problems we had with 0016 and 0016.1 haven't upset everyone too much and will continue to play and give feedback as that is the only real way we can fine tune the game. It would take me a year to test it fully before each update but soon new updates will not ever effect the STALKER/NS level-up because of the separation created in the code so level-ups 1 thru 4 can continue to evolve without new game starts.

The DLC framework is almost complete as well thanks to the extra spawns team coordinator as he is creating the first full story DLC which is helping determine what services are dockable/undockable so players can use the DLC and remove it without ever effecting saves.

THANKS to ALL who continue to support STALKERSOUP by submitting bugs, suggestions and even possible code fixes and additions!

TecnoBacon
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 17:59

THANKS to ALL who continue to support STALKERSOUP by submitting bugs, suggestions and even possible code fixes and additions!

TecnoBacon

Hi TB. Nice to see you in full force again;)

I've sent you a savegame regarding that side-quest issues at Garbage (Bes's and modified MP5 side-quests). Any info about it?

Anyways wish you good health, we're too often forgetting how precious it is...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   Mon 8 Jan 2018 - 19:13

To TB: If I have a pending USB drive please give it to someone else. I don't want funds sent to the project to be diluted by swag.

Thanks for all you do! I likely have nearly 100 PC games but SS is the one I play frequently and with eager anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970   

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the new patch, Aleks1970
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1