StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Jowien
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapStuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 I_voting_barStuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1746 registered users
The newest registered user is dafa2

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...

Go down 
+28
Sword2012
Fofyhead
ze4400
Dirmagnos
Aleks1970
TrueB
CPTJack
Ikaruss
WhiteWolf
Vadrigos
cullinaire
takethemonolithpill
bobrar
Erpy
Killing_One
Shadow758
td3005
Wombat_70
zone
jak2921
Sgtanarchy
liquidflorian
nemisis1842khann
Sagari12
Reaper1510
sjohnson
Vi_severance
meinkaiser
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sgtanarchy
Novice

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:26

Does anyone have any idea how to progress when you get the the "Collect artifacts from maples" quest? I go to maples but he has no dialogue at all for any quest, and I have no idea what to do. Last time I played Stalkersoup I got to this point and had the same issue, and it prevented me from progressing the story.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:35

Sgtanarchy wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how to progress when you get the the "Collect artifacts from maples" quest? I go to maples but he has no dialogue at all for any quest, and I have no idea what to do. Last time I played Stalkersoup I got to this point and had the same issue, and it prevented me from progressing the story.
Did you collect the 10 cobblestones and Heart of the Poltergeist for Maples?
Back to top Go down
Sgtanarchy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 20:07

sjohnson wrote:
Sgtanarchy wrote:

Yeah, that was a while ago. This is the quest you get right after talking to fly and helping fang in Recon.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Mar 2018 - 20:59

Sgtanarchy wrote:
sjohnson wrote:
Sgtanarchy wrote:

Yeah, that was a while ago. This is the quest you get right after talking to fly and helping fang in Recon.

After leaving
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sagari12
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2018 - 4:24

So I have an issue. I have done the "Find the lost expedition" questline all the way up to finding the dying scientist in X10. I talk to him and kill him but I didn't get any notes that would follow up that questline. Ghost has nothing to say to me either. I'm guessing there is an item I'm missing so if anyone could tell me what i have to spawn it, that would be grand.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2018 - 10:29

Sagari12 wrote:
So I have an issue. I have done the "Find the lost expedition" questline all the way up to finding the dying scientist in X10. I talk to him and kill him but I didn't get any notes that would follow up that questline. Ghost has nothing to say to me either. I'm guessing there is an item I'm missing so if anyone could tell me what i have to spawn it, that would be grand.

Finding the scientists should complete the Missing Scientists task, there aren't any documents to find. You have obviously done the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sagari12
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar 2018 - 22:00

Also, another thing. After getting out of X8 with the Soul Cube i sill can't use my flashlight or nightvision. Does that go away after I deliver the cube or should it be working already and I'm screwed?
EDIT:
Disregard, I fixed it by spawning in
device_torch and device_nvgog_best
Looks like that lab straight up ate my NVG and flashlight.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 0:49

Sagari12 wrote:
Also, another thing. After getting out of X8 with the Soul Cube i sill can't use my flashlight or nightvision. Does that go away after I deliver the cube or should it be working already and I'm screwed?
EDIT:
Disregard, I fixed it by spawning in
device_torch and device_nvgog_best
Looks like that lab straight up ate my NVG and flashlight.

Because of the nature of the Cube, the Lab absorbs energy, and the entire city is depressed. I think my torch and night vision started working again once I'd entered a different map...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 2:52

Advice needed, please...

I'm on the quest to intercept Kuznetsov's courier for Panther, and collect the flash drive he's carrying without killing him

I spot him from the correct place, but if I approach him he starts firing, so that option's out. But he sends an SMS requesting a meeting in Agroprom in two days' time, and to bring the photos. What photos? Presumably the ones Kuznetsov has in exchange...

Now, in my game Kuznetsov and his buddies were all killed by another faction a long time ago, so there's nobody guarding the bridge

So I go to Agroprom 48 hours later, and can't find him. I go back to Cordon, and can't find him there either

Over the course of those two days I kept receiving the same SMS from him - meet up at Agroprom in two days...

In Plesskyn's walkthrough, the pic shows the courier lying dead at your feet, so that's an option I missed...

I could use a bit of experienced context here, please Smile
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 3:13

The meet in Agroprom SMS is a red herring.  As far as I can tell, your only recourse is to kill him. I'd recommend killing him outside of the detection radius of the bridge military but since they're already dead, kill him when it's convenient.  You have until he reaches the southern military post to do so.

No pictures were harmed in the completion of this mission, because no pictures are present.

ETA: Panther is blithely ignorant about his death when you get back to her, so lie. In fact, IIRC the only dialog option you have is to lie.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 4:26

sjohnson wrote:
The meet in Agroprom SMS is a red herring.  As far as I can tell, your only recourse is to kill him. I'd recommend killing him outside of the detection radius of the bridge military but since they're already dead, kill him when it's convenient.  You have until he reaches the southern military post to do so

Thanks for the heads up. Seems that even after two days, he's not yet made it to the southern military post, and if you run there he still turns up after you

Also, a single shot to the legs kills him outright, so I guess that's another red herring...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2018 - 4:29

Yes, I tried wounding him but he's a wimp clown
Back to top Go down
Sgtanarchy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 18:03

So I finished talking with the Black Doctor and did what I assumed was the right thing to do and made teh artifact in the white circle and told him I'd head back to my friends, but I have no idea what to do beyond talking to the Doctor. I get no SMS I talk to Ghost, Pilgrim, and panther and no one has dialogue. Am I missing something?

Oh and thanks for the help btw pchester, so far it's worked like a charm.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 18:39

Sgtanarchy wrote:
So I finished talking with the Black Doctor and did what I assumed was the right thing to do and made teh artifact in the white circle and told him I'd head back to my friends, but I have no idea what to do beyond talking to the Doctor. I get no SMS I talk to Ghost, Pilgrim, and panther and no one has dialogue. Am I missing something?

Walk around the upper level from the Black Doctor to an alcove with blue "bubbles". Drop the artefact in the blue area and you should get the white flash effect. Stand back and wait... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgtanarchy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 18:49

pchester wrote:
Sgtanarchy wrote:

Walk around the upper level from the Black Doctor to an alcove with blue "bubbles". Drop the artefact in the blue area and you should get the white flash effect. Stand back and wait... Very Happy

Thanks again for the help. Sometimes the dialogue is just mind boggling to undertsand, heh.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 18:58

Sgtanarchy wrote:
pchester wrote:
Sgtanarchy wrote:

Walk around the upper level from the Black Doctor to an alcove with blue "bubbles". Drop the artefact in the blue area and you should get the white flash effect. Stand back and wait...

Thanks again for the help. Sometimes the dialogue is just mind boggling to undertsand, heh.

You are welcome. Very Happy In  fairness, in earlier versions of Stalkersoup
Spoiler:

The dialogue is getting better as Sword and his team work their way through the many files involved. It is certainly noticeable that the early-game text they have already worked on is far better than the late game stuff they haven't reached yet. The main problem is that there is so much to do.

If anyone comes across any dialogue that is unintelligible, confusing or just plain wrong, please let Sword know (ideally with a screenshot of the text so he can find the relevant file) and he will do his best to improve it for the next patch.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Mar 2018 - 19:44

pchester wrote:

The dialogue is getting better as Sword and his team work their way through the many files involved. It is certainly noticeable that the early-game text they have already worked on is far better than the late game stuff they haven't reached yet. The main problem is that there is so much to do.

If anyone comes across any dialogue that is unintelligible, confusing or just plain wrong, please let Sword know (ideally with a screenshot of the text so he can find the relevant file) and he will do his best to improve it for the next patch.

Thanks pchester! Screenshots can be posted anywhere on the forum, with accompanying text of what you think it should be, and will always be rewarded by a shiny new thingy Like a Star @ heaven

If there are any budding creative writers on the forum, with the time and enthusiasm to tackle non-essential dialogues like the Controller Diaries, please PM me

For the record, we've got as far as clearing the trash out of Warlab, said goodbye to Panther, and about to meet Vitamin for the first time...

We've not gone anywhere near the Collector, Gold Bars, ZEP, etc. We may get there by the end of this year, and I'm hoping they'll be substantially easier than the main game...  No

But I am so glad to have finally replaced those abysmal dialogues between MO and Panther... affraid
Back to top Go down
jak2921
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 6:24

Does anyone know where the pda for akim's 4th document mission is?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 7:30

jak2921 wrote:
Does anyone know where the pda for akim's 4th document mission is?

PDA you want:
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 8:32

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 8:41

sjohnson wrote:
Spoiler:

i had found that i cannot use the ladder on that crane, that's why i always used the side arm, maybe, markone like to do things divicald in my game lol. Well as long you get what you need.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 8:45

Make sure you use the "correct" side of the ladder. One side works (where the platform opening is on the same side as the ladder) and the other will not let you climb. Not that you aren't, WhiteWolf, I'm simply pointing this out for jak2921
Back to top Go down
jak2921
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 3:30

Thank you gentlemen
Back to top Go down
Vi_severance
Experienced

PostSubject: Fang after warlab.   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 9:33

So, Got to recon, did some quests for the people there, and met Fang in the cave.
He gave me the mission to explore the WarLab, to find out about the daughter of the O-Con. Leader. Got there, got the journal of the dead merc, and received a message from Fang (message is in Russian, said something about the Bar. Translation was simply "switching to private channel").

I knew from the first time I played through that Fand and side-kick show up at the BAR infront of the Arena. Problem is, now they dont show up. At all.
Went and done all quests for Voronin, done the Gauntlet at NPP, got the items for Lukash adn the artifacts for Ghost. Still nothing.

Is there a specific trigger that I missed that makes Fang spawn at the bar?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 10:37

Vi_severance wrote:
So, Got to recon, did some quests for the people there, and met Fang in the cave.
He gave me the mission to explore the WarLab, to find out about the daughter of the O-Con. Leader. Got there, got the journal of the dead merc, and received a message from Fang (message is in Russian, said something about the Bar. Translation was simply "switching to private channel").

I knew from the first time I played through that Fand and side-kick show up at the BAR infront of the Arena. Problem is, now they dont show up. At all.
Went and done all quests for Voronin, done the Gauntlet at NPP, got the items for Lukash adn the artifacts for Ghost. Still nothing.

Is there a specific trigger that I missed that makes Fang spawn at the bar?

The message is a bit confusing, but at this point Fang is in the old farm in AW, where the Duty squad were. He moves to the bar after you speak to him in AW.
Back to top Go down
Vi_severance
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 11:09

Previous post:

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2018 - 19:41

I got the quest from Kostya to find his cache in the garbage, and I got the entry which says "on the scrap yard near the duty outpost." I must be missing something, because I know I found the right one, but except for a bunch of artifacts knocking around on the top of the pile, I found no backpack/stash. Can somebody point out exactly where I need to look? cheers.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2018 - 19:54

zone wrote:
I got the quest from Kostya to find his cache in the garbage, and I got the entry which says "on the scrap yard near the duty outpost." I must be missing something, because I know I found the right one, but except for a bunch of artifacts knocking around on the top of the pile, I found no backpack/stash. Can somebody point out exactly where I need to look? cheers.

I think that one is in a crane cabin overlooking the Duty outpost

pics:
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2018 - 19:56

pchester wrote:
zone wrote:

I think that one is in a crane cabin overlooking the Duty outpost

pics:
thank you!
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 17:17

The door to Fima Coal's cell isn't opening even though I found the monolith codebook. Any help?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 17:57

zone wrote:
The door to Fima Coal's cell isn't opening even though I found the monolith codebook. Any help?

What number are you entering? It should be
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:41

pchester wrote:
zone wrote:

What number are you entering? It should be
Spoiler:
Never mind, I was attempting to open the wrong cell door. It's fine now.
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:16

Something went wrong, I think, Fima Coal didn't return to the miner's camp, he just holed himself up in a corner of the labyrinth and isn't going anywhere else. Is there an info portion I can use to get him to go there?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 21:15

zone wrote:
Something went wrong, I think, Fima Coal didn't return to the miner's camp, he just holed himself up in a corner of the labyrinth and isn't going anywhere else. Is there an info portion I can use to get him to go there?

Fima makes his own way back. Did you speak to the Miner when you returned to the cave? At the end of his dialogue he says something like "the prodigal son has returned". Fima should then appear and you can talk to him.
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 22:03

pchester wrote:
zone wrote:

Fima makes his own way back. Did you speak to the Miner when you returned to the cave? At the end of his dialogue he says something like "the prodigal son has returned". Fima should then appear and you can talk to him.
The miner actually had no dialogue options.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 23:11

zone wrote:
pchester wrote:
zone wrote:

The miner actually had no dialogue options.

Well, if you released Fima and he gave you the transition back to the Caves, do you still have the Monolith code book on you when you talk to the Miner? He may not talk to you unless you have it, as I think it is required to complete the mission. If you have lost it, you could try spawning it in - item
Spoiler:

If that isn't the problem, try info portion
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next