STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» 16.8 micro update
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 22:35

» Game not progressing - Lightning and isomophic monolead drop
by pchester Yesterday at 20:26

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by oxe222 Yesterday at 15:04

» Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 14:54

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by pchester Yesterday at 10:33

» Downloading from Mega
by V.A.N.W.E.G.E.N. Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 17:05

» Patch 17.7 issues
by grayxy Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 4:06

» Double-click parameter options for MO's backpack?
by sjohnson Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 2:57

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann

pchester

oxe222

Sword2012

Arthoryum

6NF

sjohnson

Statistics
We have 392 registered users
The newest registered user is Markus

Our users have posted a total of 4317 messages in 456 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Strelok981

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 21:41

Just recently my world collapsed due to a virus, that means all my SS
life was destroyed, so I am in the process of rebuilding the game but
alas I have tried every thing in d/loading and so far its the brick wall,
tried though Mega and Moddb and a notice ' Incompatible stalkerSoup
version 1.1.0012, A minimum of 1.1.0016 version required' , followed
all the instructions as far as possible in unpacking, I suppose I am doing
some thing wrong, I tried the torrent and file by file from mega, mega
would only give me the 7z packed files 'Archives' not the open files so
er Help.....
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 23:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

would only give me the 7z packed files 'Archives' not the open files so
er Help.....

Sword knows more about installation issues than I do, but AFAIK you only need to install the last full version (1.1.0012) and then use the updater program to update the game to the current version. Moddb may not have the latest files yet, so I would download using the links in the downloads section here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Installation instructions can be found here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 1:37

would only give me the 7z packed files 'Archives' not the open files

pchester is correct. If you follow the Installation help guide to the letter you'll have a perfectly installed game

I used to make a living repairing clients' Windows problems. Now retired, I'm following my love of technical writing

The Installation guide is a result of my installing the game from scratch, documenting each step along the way, and describing each potential problem I encountered

When the guide became inadequate in dealing with other problems that players were having, especially with Windows 10, it was supplemented with information from Aleks1970, who created the Installer, and kd6dm, a retired IT engineer - both of whom have far more experience than I do about the game and Windows

So the only way you'll get a failed installation is by departing from, or taking a shortcut around, the installation steps

Let us know how it goes, or if anything is unclear; but you'll need to start by backing up your old savegames, fully uninstalling the old game, and clearing out all remaining traces of it, including registry entries - because it looks very much like you're trying to install over old game files...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 5:19

To add to Sword's words, just because your (non-compliant per the install instructions) StalkerSoup works today, does not mean it will continue to work tomorrow.  "AX" (pun intended) me how I know clown
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 10:09

Hi every one, me too removed my self from the 9  2  5 world, to the main issue my rig is running on win 7 and 64bit, it was on 32 and upgraded it whether that is giving me niggles now I no not, or even if systems that started with 32 fit comfortable with an up grade to 64

Any way I get to the set up with the 11 file 'game set up 1-11 files the no 11 being the set up exe file, I have gone for the set and all I get is the 0012 compatibility issue, I have tried to follow Sword2012 as to the 110013 help guide

As I said the system has to be cleaned out of any old SS detritus and restarts to finish it, but still the same problem, I used the 'regedit' and search every were but I suppose there is some were a lump of SS hiding, d/ling the moddb SS I have got 0007 one time and 0010 files another

I have to find that SS file/s lurking some were, I had a similar issue a some while ago that a good clean out sorted, a well go and up set the boss I suppose, thanks ever one, if any idea/s are thought of you no were to find me.......
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 12:26

As I said the system has to be cleaned out of any old SS detritus and restarts to finish it, but still the same problem, I used the 'regedit' and search every were but I suppose there is some were a lump of SS hiding, d/ling the moddb SS I have got 0007 one time and 0010 files another

I have to find that SS file/s lurking some were, I had a similar issue a some while ago that a good clean out sorted

The Installation guide advises that you 'uninstall via either Windows Start Menu or Windows Control Panel, delete all redundant registry entries with 'CCleaner' or similar, and reinstall the game again, following the instructions carefully'

Unless you really know what you're doing, don't mess with the registry manually. CCleaner and a restart, followed by Glary Utilities and a restart, always does the job for me...

If you have a 64 bit CPU, then always go for a 64 bit Windows installation; unless you're running some legacy software that won't run on a 64 bit system. 64 bit is so much more efficient

But if in doubt re the efficiency of your system, it's best to get a pro in to check it out for you
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 13:47

... I get to the set up with the 11 file 'game set up 1-11 files the no 11 being the set up exe file, I have gone for the set and all I get is the 0012 compatibility issue, I have tried to follow Sword2012 as to the 110013 help guide

... As I said the system has to be cleaned out of any old SS detritus and restarts to finish it, but still the same problem, I used the 'regedit' and search every were but ....

First, delete these files/folder:
gamedata.db0
gamedata.dbr
gamedata.dbs
gamedata.dbt
gamedata.dbu
gamedata.dbv
gamedata.dbv1
and also;
Resources
gamedata
folders from the STALKERSOUP folder, if you have them there.

Then use this registry fix from the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After this fix, you can now install the full StalkerSoup 1.1.0012 game version...
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.me
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 12:20

Morning all, All went well installing as the instructions by Sword2012 till the updateer was activated,
got it to load till the 'Setup-Stalkeroup' window through up a small window 'setup'
with the red/white' symbol' with 'IPersistFile:Save failed;code 0x80070005' 'ok'
the main box prior was (C:\Program Files\STALKERSOUP\RunUpdateSetup-1.1.0016.Ink)

all went well till this problem was thrown up, interested to see what to do I have left it up
on screen for the mo.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 15:39

I used the 'ok' and it seemed to have worked, tried the updater again and it gave 0016 plus
2 micro patches and every thing seems happy, suppose those micros cleared the problem, although
I have not given it a good run through as yet not had the time, what with cleaning an cooking etc,
but I will say thanks to you all for your assistance.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 15:48

Morning all, All went well installing as the instructions by Sword2012 till the updateer was activated,
got it to load till the 'Setup-Stalkeroup' window through up a small window 'setup'
with the red/white' symbol'  with 'IPersistFile:Save failed;code 0x80070005' 'ok'
the main box prior was (C:\Program Files\STALKERSOUP\RunUpdateSetup-1.1.0016.Ink)

all went well till this problem was thrown up, interested to see what to do I have left it up
on screen for the mo.

That error is an "ACCESS DENIED" error, and means that you do not have permission to access the file, or perhaps the Windows Registry. I see that you are installing to C:\Program Files. In Windows 10, that is not a good location to install Stalkersoup, as Windows 10 file permissions are "wonky", especially in Program Files and Program Files (x86). You are better off installing to a different directory, i.e., C:\Games. Better yet is a separate partion on C:, best is a 2nd hard drive.

You can try the "Take Ownership" program on the C:\Program Files\STALKERSOUP\  directory. In addition, remove the "Read Only" check-mark for the STALKERSOUP directory, and try again. Again, installing to other than Program Files is best.

Good luck.

EDIT: There a four micropatches.

Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 16:23

... EDIT: There a four micropatches...

Essentially,
each new(last) Micro Patch version contains all the files from previous versions,
so updater always download the latest version.
But now we have a new language update cheers

We are now on the Micro Patch version: 16.5
and on the Language update version: 16.1 santa
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Wed 24 Jan 2018 - 21:38

with the red/white' symbol'  with 'IPersistFile:Save failed;code 0x80070005' 'ok'

All went well till this problem was thrown up

kd6dm is absolutely right. Stage 3 of the Installation Help guide specifically states:
'Once the Installer is running, do NOT install to the default directory C:\Program Files(x86)\STALKERSOUP. Instead, install to the 'STALKERSOUP' folder you created earlier, and install the files there

I don't want to come over as the Installation Police, but a lot of time has gone into compiling the Installation Help guide for the perfect installation of a legacy game onto an operating system it wasn't designed for. So it needs to be followed very carefully, step by step, to benefit from the collective experience of everyone here
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 12:51

Hi all again, I am running with win7 and 64 and I d/loaded in to the d/load folder and then it ended
up in C:\ Program file I saw some while ago that the (x86) was a non runner for SS, when 16 patch
was loaded with out the micro's and that set up failure window appeared I thought that it was all
about the niggles that had cropped up when 0016 was put up, there was a long note on site saying
about it was offered to soon, and so the micro's started to appear, I went for the 'ok' and reloaded
the update and 3 mini patches appeared, its now 5 and the 5th one is an accumulation of the other
4, ok, I will see if my updater will pick it up, by the way Sword2012 better tell the police I am armed
and dangerous,and with the last day, come on then.... ha, ha,
I think it was Aleks1970 registry fix that did the trick and those other 2 items that were hiding that
were b#####[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the reloading, but never mind back to reality, thanks all......

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:09

Hi all again, I am running with win7 and 64 and I d/loaded in to the d/load folder and then it ended
up in C:\ Program file I saw some while ago that the (x86) was a non runner for SS, when 16 patch
was loaded with out the micro's and that set up failure window appeared I thought that it was all
about the niggles that had cropped up when 0016 was put up, there was a long note on site saying
about it was offered to soon, and so the micro's started to appear, I went for the 'ok' and reloaded
the update and 3 mini patches appeared, its now 5 and the 5th one is an accumulation of the other
4, ok, I will see if my updater will pick it up.
I think it was Aleks1970 registry fix that did the trick and those other 2 items that were hiding that
were b#####[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the reloading

You are far better sticking with Windows 7 (64 bit) for this game, as Windows 10 would need you to resolve a whole new load of problems

However, the Installer for the game can't possibly know where you want to install it, so the default setting is 'Program Files(86)' as for most normal 32 bit programs. You need to change this before telling it to go ahead

I'd really recommend that you uninstall, use Aleks' registry tool, then reinstall the game because, as sjohnson wisely points out, it's further down the line that problems will start showing themselves as Windows tries to manage its ongoing integration with the game scratch

We used to have a player who would insist that his game played fine installed on an external solid state drive, connected via USB, and that this enabled him to move it between his main PC and his laptop...

Despite numerous warnings on the forum about Windows dependencies he continued, even going as far as to recommend this technique to others. He was right. It did work fine - until one day it didn't, and every single one of his saves stopped working pale
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:55

You are probably right as when I reinstalled I only got 3 micro patches and it seems like there are
2/3 more that my set up is not showing, it just says 110016 and no '16.+' it seems like there are
6 mini's, probably might have read that though, were the (86) is concerned I try to make sure thats
a non runner, in the past I DL to the dl folder and then to the ordinary program folder, I seem to have
3 .. program files..program files (86) and program data, and when loading in the past it went into
the first one, but what screwed things was a virus that I managed to just about stop on the power
switch but it did some damage, I had a back up set of discs that I had made late last year, but it
still did some damage like SS, but I will take your note and clean out again and try again, when
I get some space in the house work, I said I will get a new rig but a new coat was thrown at me,
first things first, yes dear..mmmm...thanks Sword2012...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:14

when I reinstalled I only got 3 micro patches and it seems like there are 2/3 more that my set up is not showing, it just says 110016 and no '16.+'
it seems like there are 6 mini's, probably might have read that though, were the (86) is concerned I try to make sure that's a non runner
in the past I DL to the dl folder and then to the ordinary program folder, I seem to have  3 .. program files..program files (86) and program data, and when loading in the past it went into the first one

Hi nemisis1842khann

Don't worry about your system not showing up which micropatch you're on. Aleks1970 explained that each new micropatch incorporates all the fixes of the previous ones, so all you need is the latest one Smile

But micropatches do NOT show up in your version number, so you won't know which one you have. Just ensure that you use your AutoUpdater often, or set it to update at the same time each day. If it finds a new micropatch, it'll tell you...

You don't need to install into 'Program Files'. You can have your STALKERSOUP folder anywhere you want. Personally I use a different drive for games, so I can regularly backup my Windows and Programs; but if you only have a C drive, then simply create a 'Games' folder on it, and then create your STALKERSOUP folder inside that...
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:31

I'd really recommend that you uninstall, use Aleks' registry tool ...

The purpose of my registry fix is to change some registry keys to the 1.1.0011 game version!

If the player still has a valid link to the game uninstaller in the start menu or in the STALKERSOUP folder,
then it is better(recomended) to use the default game uninstall program....

Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 21:15

I did the uninstall as per the games files and worked a treat, had a search round but found nothing
so some thing went right, as you say on the menu screen it only showed 0016 and no micro's but
when activated the update file it did show small patches '1-5' some thing went ok so it looks like
sid here I come, the odd thing when running the previous attempt going down to doc I took the bread
roll and promptly doc knocked 7 colors of dooy out of me, oops sorry, that was new just go's
to show who your friends are,
I did find a small problem whilst loading I ticked all the box's and the one for this forum and for some
reason non are showing, I am only seeing the notes when I drop in, better check my mail win live
mail and see if there is a damaged file, I will need to do some research on that, any way again
many thanks again, write soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?   

Back to top Go down

Fresh install incompatible with 0016 version?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: