STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Can't get into the Caves...
by Sgtanarchy Today at 2:19

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by sjohnson Yesterday at 22:45

» Max Lubero and his PDA
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 16:47

» The Walkthrough's order of events
by nemisis1842khann Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 17:54

» Error message and help/support subforum
by grayxy Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 11:06

» Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest
by sjohnson Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 2:48

» Error on installation
by sf67n20 Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 21:26

» Windows system restore, and update 16.8
by nemisis1842khann Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:29

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann

sjohnson

Sword2012

pchester

oxe222

grayxy

Aleks1970

BadDragon

Sgtanarchy

kd6dm

Statistics
We have 403 registered users
The newest registered user is adamhussein

Our users have posted a total of 4366 messages in 460 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

adamhussein

Most users ever online was 24 on Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 14:14

Share | 

Bugged item drop?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saracen
Novice

PostSubject: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 12:24

Hello Stalkers!
Is it normal, that every time i go through rokie village I drop 80% of my gear ? even equiped weps? i carry 35-39 kg of weight max. I tried to carry 20 and even it will drop .
ps: ofc I started a new game after the latest patch
ps2: it happens everytime I visit the village even If I just dropped my gear and visit it again my remaining gear will also drop
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 13:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hello Stalkers!
Is it normal, that every time i go through rokie village I drop 80% of my gear ? even equiped weps? i carry 35-39 kg of weight max. I tried to carry 20 and even it will drop .
ps: ofc I started a new game after the latest patch
ps2: it happens everytime I visit the village even If I just dropped my gear and visit it again my remaining gear will also drop

Yes, this is a new addition with the latest patch. For some time there has been a message near the start of the game that overloaded backpacks may break, now it has been implemented. Someone posted that it only happens in a couple of locations, but one of these is the Rookie Village.
Back to top Go down
WanderingLoner
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 14:01

Just started playing today and I'm having the same problem.

Is there any way to tell what your backpack's weight limit is? My inventory shows my max weight is 150kg and I'm not carrying even a third that much when my backpack detonates.
Back to top Go down
chucksar
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 14:33

I did some experimentation and in my run-through, it seems that if your carry-weight icon on the bottom right is red, the backpack will break. If it's orange or less, it sems to be OK,
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 14:44

Just started playing today and I'm having the same problem.

Is there any way to tell what your backpack's weight limit is? My inventory shows my max weight is 150kg and I'm not carrying even a third that much when my backpack detonates.

Unfortunately I don't understand the programming language well enough to follow the math. Perhaps TecnoBacon or Aleks can explain it if they are online. Personally I find it too strict (as I have explained before, my play style is "pack rat"! Rolling Eyes), so I have edited the script to "turn it off".
Back to top Go down
WanderingLoner
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 14:53

Unfortunately I don't understand the programming language well enough to follow the math. Perhaps TecnoBacon or Aleks can explain it if they are online. Personally I find it too strict (as I have explained before, my play style is "pack rat"! Rolling Eyes), so I have edited the script to "turn it off".

Thanks for the info, I'll take a poke around and see if I can figure out how to disable it as well for now.
The limit on my newbie character seems to be ~30kg, but I don't get any kind of indication I'm at or near a limit scratch.
Back to top Go down
Saracen
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 15:26

but it happens everytime I visit the rokie village , even if I carry like 20kgs and even the wep I am holding, I realy dont think this is the way it supposed to work .
Even if I visit the rokie village like 10 times under 5 minutes it will always brakes even with minimal load, even when I carry just one fort, the fort will drop on the ground
ps my backpack is not yellow neither red ,yet it always brakes 100% chance everytime i go near the fire place
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 15:30

Thanks for the info, I'll take a poke around and see if I can figure out how to disable it as well for now.
The limit on my newbie character seems to be ~30kg, but I don't get any kind of indication I'm at or near a limit scratch.

In Rookie Village, you can avoid the bursting backpack by going around outside the fence. The other place that I remember, was the approach to Army Warehouses. Not sure how to get around that one, now that the brick wall on the South side is unbreakable. Used to be a nice shortcut to the Base.

I've turned breaking backpacks off per pchester's instruction...I am also a "pack rat". Embarassed

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 15:44

Can u tell us, how to disable it?
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 16:38

Can u tell us, how to disable it?

You need to edit file gamedata\scripts\drrr.script.

You will need to unpack it from gamedata.dbv1 in your top Stalkersoup folder. There is an unpacker program here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

To be safe, unpack the file to somewhere outside of your Stalkersoup folder, then drop the edited file into your gamedata\scripts\ folder. The game will use this instead of the packed file. If it causes any problems, just remove or rename the edited file.

These are the changes that I made. I'm not sure that you need both of them, but it works for me.
my edits:

Back to top Go down
WanderingLoner
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 17:34

After a bit of messing around in that drrr.script and enabling some of the debugging functions, seems like the problem is caused by an invisible "arc_ballast" item that weighs 500kg.
From what I can tell it's intended to be ignored by the calculation but for some reason it is slipping through.

Gonna use your edit pchester and let someone with more know-how than me figure out how to get it working the way it's intended.

Thanks again. Very Happy

Edit: Here's the relevant part of the log if anyone's interested.
Log:

Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 18:17

After a bit of messing around in that drrr.script ...
Edit: Here's the relevant part of the log if anyone's interested.
Log:

Hi, can you upload your drrr.script file somewhere? Because, you have(or use) the old log function!
I would like to test your script...

Edit:
And also one save from the Cordon, please.
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.me
WanderingLoner
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 18:37

Hi, can you upload your drrr.script file somewhere? Because, you have(or use) the old log function!
I would like to test your script...

Sure, drive.google.com/open?id=1byKA6WWlpMg-3ue-Uhrb0iQ3ny9GqBfA should be a link to the drrr.script. Sorry if you have to copy and paste the link, forum doesn't want me posting links yet.

First time using google drive, hopefully I did it right. Laughing

Edit:
And the save file link: drive.google.com/open?id=1fUBRrKC5yrDxzbBHP9YQqNm3i752k7oO
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 15:35

Also getting things exploding everywhere, sometimes with hilarious projectile force (had a gas canister fly off me not far out of rookie trader (i can't spell his name) doorway and land in the road.
I would ask for a toggle to disable this "feature" though please guys as i'm finding it doesn't really add much to the gameplay other than frustration. Having everything drop near your feet would possibly help instead i've wound up with things on inaccessible rooftops and my equipped brand new gun i worked for has just totally disappeared even though it was equipped on the belt.

*AddendumL Also i'm finding these "ballast" items amongst they stuff that ejects itself everywhere and not picking them up seems to have solved the problem somewhat.
:Edit: Nope i was wrong... This is making the game almost unplayable now. I don't see a condition bar for the backpack anywhere, i'm only carrying 26kgs of stuff most of which is equipped and the only pistol i had ammo for has disappeared completely, trader doesn't seem to have an upgraded backpack and i have no money to buy another weapon now  Sad .
Turned off script in drrr.script now.

Thanks Chaps, especially Aleks & co for making an awesome mod.

Last edited by BadDragon on Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 16:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
Back to top Go down
WanderingLoner
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 18:31

After playing a bit today and finding myself hauling around way too much with no fear, I decided to attempt re-enabling this. And... I think I may have got it working the way it's supposed to.
Gonna leave a link to it here if anyone wants to take a look at it. Sorry again about the copy and pasting.

EDIT: Scratch that. After a bit more testing, I don't think this is working either Embarassed . Back to the drawing board.
EDIT#2: Let's try this again. Pinky swear this one works. The first try probably did as well, but I'm a big dummy and still had the original file installed when I hopped back in game Rolling Eyes)
drrr.script: drive.google.com/open?id=16A8LXecVJRjKgGnAsQXt-Dj1y-BjHvP6

Also, after finally seeing the full scope of this mod I don't think I could thank you guys enough for all the work that's been put into it, but I'll try anyways Laughing.
Thanks again guys.

Last edited by WanderingLoner on Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:36; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:21

Also, after finally seeing the full scope of this mod I don't think I could thank you guys enough for all the work that's been put into it, but I'll try anyways Laughing.
Thanks again guys.

We're always grateful for thanks. It keeps us going... Thank you Very Happy  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugged item drop?   

Back to top Go down

Bugged item drop?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: