STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Nokoyou

identical123

Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Blind_doge

yusufhamdan

nemisis1842khann

chucksar

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

pchester

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 17:09

Hi -i got the mission to find the group of missing scientists in X-10 from Sakarov and i´m not sure if something is wrong with my result of it.

Spoiler:

In X-10 i found ONE scientist (no group) named Erofeev lying on the floor after i really had trouble fighting 25 bloodsuckers and the same amount of this "cockroaches".

Spoiler:

After that, the mission was marked as "Completed" in my PDA, but i do not understand the sense of this mission because english is not my language. Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

Shortly after (but still in X-10) i got a message from Zahar that
Spoiler:

I left X-10 and first went to Sakarov again, but he had no dialogue options concerning this mission.
I went to the bar area and talked to Zahar (the one with the 3-crystals-for-an-absolute-artifact-mission). Is that the right guy? Because he also had nothing to say?!

I would really appreciate some information about this, because I want to do everything "right" (when i remember, how long it took me to get the right information concerning the disappeared dead monolith in X-10 "spawn mono_dead_doc" - this was my last problem Rolling Eyes )

I´m living in the zone since the the original SOC was released, played one other (german) mod after the 3 parts, and i´m so happy being still alive in the zone because of Stalkersoup. Thank you very much, TecnoBacon and the others working on it and the things around it!

Another thing i want to mention is that if there is a way to save the 2000 pages of the old stalkersoup-forum on steam? So that anyone could "fall back" on it - i want to say that there is so much information to solve problems and this should not be lost.
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:35

...and Dan the Hunter is alive in the swamp area
Back to top Go down
da_raabi
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 14:02

I believe a note is supposed to show up on the body of the scientist you shoot. It did not show up for me, and I had to spawn it manually, however for the life of my I cannot remember what the note was called. I think I figured it out using the old Steam forum, which is gone of course.

I think talking to ghost is the next step. This is all part of the "Search for the Lost Expedition" quest line, and the 2010 guide will walk you through it. You just completed Step 9 of that line.

As far as Dan? I had the same problem. SMS from Zahar that Dan is dead, but Zahar has nothing to talk about and Dan is alive and well. Maybe that was a left-over from a never completed mission? Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 20:34

Aaah - Thank you! So I will try to find the right item to spawn and/or get the transition from x-10 to the Sarcophagus and go on with this and ghosts quest. The message mentioning Dan can be ignored - so i can calm down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
da_raabi
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Mon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:29

If you can find a way to get to the old Stalkersoup Steam forum, I believe page 350 had the correct item to spawn. It looks like it is just beyond the ... that shows up in the google search.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 18:38

I´m not sure which page number you mean - your link is pointing me to 539 (found it searching with bing.com this way:
"stalkersoup 539 site:forums.steampowered.com"
then clicking on the triangle and clicking on "in cache")

Page 539:

"stalkersoup 350 site:forums.steampowered.com"
then clicking on the triangle and clicking on "in cache"

Page 350:

Btw - perhaps i should open all 1750 pages this way and copy them into a word-document and post it in this forum, so we would have saved the old Stalkersoup Steam forum completely. Or will i get copyright problems or something? Shocked
Back to top Go down
da_raabi
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 19:03

OMG!!!! So Bing has all of the pages cached??? That is amazing! Google seems to be losing all of the cached pages, and I never even thought to look at Bing.

If there was some way we could back up all 1750 pages and get them here, that would be insane. I imagine a lot of the idle chit-chat could be removed to cut the whole thing down too.

Do you have an easy way to get all 1750 pages downloaded? I'd be willing to edit down the word if you do. What a goldmine of info that would be!!!
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 21:09

There should be a backup of th steam forum. We bakcked up the dialogue forum, but there was only administrative messages in that thread.

Many of the bugs in the game have been mention in the old main thread, and I used to rely on it quite a lot.
If anyone has a copy of the forum let me know...

The problem with copy and pasting every page is that its time consuming.
If Bing has chached them all and thats our only access to it, then I would call on the entire community here to start copying pages as a group effort.

Maybe if each member copied 50-100 pages over a weekend, we could at least have a raw backup...

Another issue is that many of the psts are eiher useless (or have useless information) or even outdated information.

I'm sure everyone understands me, when I say thank ou posts and things are not really of any educational value.

I would propose to cut out all the uneeded information, and form an old book of stalkersoup help topics, based on the old forum.

One issue still bugs me though... If we fixed the mission prompts, dialogues and story mode... would we really need the old information?

The mission prompts and flunet story line are by far the most important part of fixing this game.

Non working items and shaders, in my opinion are not really what the game needs right now. Fixing broken quests, and quests without any understandable information is by far more essential than any other development.

THe way I see it, changing parts of the collector game or graphics is completely secondary, especially if the start of the game and the storymode is broken.

Almost everynew player will play the storymode first, and then later move to collector. But even that is over 600+ hours of gameplay, in fact for me I think it was 1000+ hours!!!

Last edited by Steve90k on Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 21:15

da_raabi and i are trying. He has good ideas, but there are some problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar   

Back to top Go down

Mission Find Scientists in X-10 / Message from Zahar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1