STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Where and when is Rat around?
by sjohnson Today at 19:13

» 'stable_stories' file completed
by pchester Yesterday at 23:18

» Holding gun, then grenade... What?
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 17:49

» S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced
by TecnoBacon Yesterday at 17:27

» Sako TRG 42 suppressor
by kd6dm Tue 22 May 2018 - 23:15

» ATP Transiton
by pchester Mon 21 May 2018 - 22:00

» Kostya's Garbage cache
by meadle Mon 21 May 2018 - 18:16

» Kostya's stash in Cordon? (In the wood near the abandoned factory)
by pchester Mon 21 May 2018 - 9:39

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann

pchester

meadle

sjohnson

TecnoBacon

Sword2012

joy division

kd6dm

FurphyForum

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5724 messages in 653 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 18:45

Hello guys, several friends of mine and I have come back to StalkerSoup after a few years and are having a bunch of assorted issues and found a bunch of bugs. Was wondering if people had solutions for these or advice (roughly in order of importance).

1. Having a bit of an issue with the help Seriy fight off bandits in that all the beggars are dead but the quest won't finish. This is a main quest breaker thus no.1 issue right now.

2. Trying to make a flash out of a Medusa, quirk, thorn and vodka with a burner anomaly. Putting the medusa in causes immediate CTD.
:NOTE: My mistake it wasn't a burner anomaly it was a fireball anomaly (hovering sphere of flame) wrong one on my part, cooking does work with the burner, still causes a CTD if you try to put the ingredients in this one though  Very Happy .

3. Can't throw bolts when i have the detector out for some reason. Throwing bolts by itself is fine.
FEATURE REQ: Also would it be possible to have a pistol and a detector out at the same time?

4. Have multiple crates for carrying artefacts but their radiation suppression doesn't stack (i.e. it doesn't matter if i split the rad items in different crates still causes radiation to skyrocket)

5. Aps silencer seems to go on NATO guns and nato one does nothing (i think i let you know that one)

6. 3 Separate saves, Mole's group dies before we even get close making progression impossible. Any fixes or workarounds?

7. Catcher Anomaly in starting cave mission is invisible. Others seem fine.

8. Got the Eternal rain bug. It is getting irritating. Anyone found a fix yet?

9. The Bandit encounter after first leaving cordon, killed the bandits and in course of looting them one exploded... Did no damage but made camera go skewed and had shellshocked effect for about 30 seconds. Is this a deliberate trap or just perhaps a bug?

10. The stamina drain when being wing'ed by bullets is excessive and makes early combat nearly impossible without artefacts.  We understand why it's there but it's a bit extreme and ends up with getting hit once and then not being able to duck into cover due to  being "too tired".

11. Getting occasional CTD crashes on on quickload near certain anomalies in garbage. Not sure why...

Finally a few questions for the knowledgable:
One (little question) there is a mission to find a stash somewhere in the wood near the abandoned factory in cordon and we cannot find the b*st*rd. We've looked high and low but no clues at all (I alone spent over an hour hunting for the damned thing) i think possibly KOSTYA (don't quote me on that) gave me the mission though it doesn't actually say. Guides aren't much help either unfortunately. Any suggestions?

Is there a better head torch for purchase?

Is there a point behind having a military PDA?

Thanks for any help guys
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 20:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
:

Phew! I will try to answer where I can, hopefully others can cover what I have missed...

1. Is it possible that one bandit is still alive somewhere?

2. Are you using the Transmutator? Makes art cooking a lot easier! (I don't know if it would help with the CTDs though, I have never had that happen.)

4. Not sure if this answers your question, but the cases have a radiation limit. If you put too much radiation in one, the excess will leak out. As far as I know, cases are treated individually, so as long as each is below its limit nothing should leak. Anti-rad artifacts are a far better solution - when you can find them or learn how to cook them!

6. Do you mean Mole dies as well? I thought he was invincible while inside the building, but perhaps that has been changed. (I also seem to recall in vanilla Stalker SoC that you get the info anyway if he dies.)

8. Are you playing on the latest patch (16.5)? The endless rain has been fixed AFAIK.

9. Never seen that! Damaged weapons can explode, but NPCs??? Shocked

- If this is Kostya's stash, I think it is
Spoiler:

- There is only one torch. Night vision can help.

- Yes, collect them!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 1:25

4. Have multiple crates for carrying artefacts but their radiation suppression doesn't stack (i.e. it doesn't matter if i split the rad items in different crates still causes radiation to skyrocket)

Hi BadDragon, and welcome back to the game. It's come a long way in the last couple of years... Very Happy

There are three types of artefact container, Light, Medium, and Heavy Duty, offering increasing levels of radiation containment and protection for amateur, semi-pro, and professional artefact collectors

However, they're a pain to carry around with you and, as pchester suggests, real Stalkers use other artefacts to counteract radiation sickness... Wink
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 16:28

Thanks for the response [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1. Pretty sure not at this point i've spent 2 hours looking and killing everything that wasn't friendly in the garbage,

2. I wasn't but i worked out i was putting it in the wrong anomaly (i think the anomaly is called a sun or a fireball) still CTD'ed though >.<

4. Possibly it's odd i've split the radioactive ones up between 2 cases but still seem to get the escalating radiation thing.

6. I'll have to ask the chap who encountered it when he gets home from work but yes i think mole does die and is outside entire unit keeps dying before he can even get to them.

Thanks for the tips. Will go have another shot. Did you mean the farm or the factory (the quest states it's near the forest by the factory, hence was where i was looking)
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 19:10

Have you checked Seriy's body? That might give the game the necessary info to end that mission.

Did you get a message telling you to
Spoiler:

or did you just go because you knew that was next?

Otherwise these info portions mention Seriy (=seryi), so you could give them a try and see if any end the mission. (Google translate tells me that drug=friend; ceitnot= time trouble (no idea!)):
Spoiler:

You might be able to resurrect Mole (ESC-R) and continue that way. (Quicksave first, as the first attempt to resurrect an NPC usually crashes the game. Reloading and trying again will often work for some reason.)

(EDIT: you could try this with Seriy as well)

A few more info portions that you could try (Mole=krot)...
Spoiler:

As I understand it, the large white building is the factory, the single-story building behind it is the farm. Head west from there to some rocks by the boundary fence and check the nearby bushes.
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 19:51

No quest to find mole for me. The chap having problems with mole is a mate who's also playing. He's managed to help Seriy fine.
Seriy is alive and well. I might just shoot him at this point see if that fixes the problem as there are no bandits left anywhere in the garbage.

Gone looking round the bushes again. Still can't find anything >.<
Will keep looking.
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 19:53

FOUND IT! Was invisible for some reason (underground/in the actual bush) just got a not that said check cache whilst right next to the bush crouched and looking straight down.
Damn that was hard to find.
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 20:40

Tried killing Seriy apparently he's invulnerable now (or can take a grenade and shotgun to the face point blank). So can't progress story.

As for the info portions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what should i do with them? Some sort of console commands? Is there a cheat list that might help in fixing this?

Thanks

Attention!
Please read our
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Double posts wrote:
A member should not post two or more consecutive messages in the same topic within a 24 hour period. To change an existing message, use the 'Edit' button
Aleks1970
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 21:27

Tried killing Seriy apparently he's invulnerable now (or can take a grenade and shotgun to the face point blank). So can't progress story.

As for the info portions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what should i do with them? Some sort of console commands? Is there a cheat list that might help in fixing this?

Thanks

Info portions are instructions that cause the game to perform some action. They should only be used as a last resort, as using the wrong one can mess up your game. I always make a save before using one, just in case something goes wrong.

To use an info portion, open the spawn menu with ESC then S, then click the Info tab. There are four pages of info portions in alphabetical order. Use the large arrows at the top to change page. Find the info portion that you want, click on it, click OK and then Exit. If successful, you should see a message, for example that a mission has been completed. If you see a message that the info portion has been removed, it usually means that the game has already used that info portion.

I just reloaded the Seriy section,
Spoiler:

As far as I can see, these match what happens normally.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 22:52

Tried killing Seriy apparently he's invulnerable now (or can take a grenade and shotgun to the face point blank). So can't progress story

Seriy is on your side, and will stay so through thick and thin...

You're still very, very early in the game. There are umpteen ways of completing it, and so many actions influence events in other areas. Sometimes a key character will move to another map, so I'd suggest waiting a while until things pan out a bit for you

If you can't complete a quest, it may be because you need to do something else, somewhere else. Infoportions are for getting past a bug, or cheating, and it's best not to use them unless you're absolutely certain that you're experiencing a known fault, and you know what you're doing, because using one out of sequence can really mess up your game...

Just have patience with it. There's well over 200 hours of gameplay, and everything usually works out in the end... Smile
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 1:55

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. That fixed it. No idea why it bugged out like that but the garbage_meetstalker_done command sorted it out.

Just to be sure before that i waited inside the train tunnel and inside the train dept during emissions to see if a lone bandit ran in that i missed. None did. I can only guess that the quest wasn't triggering right.

Thanks for the help, now hopefully it'll stop raining soon Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], realised that bud (i played this ALOT before) just thought killing him might force the quest to sort itself out. Turns out Pchester's solution worked. Thanks for trying to help though.
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Latest updated version issues   Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 23:09

Have a similar issue to the bandit one, this time in the ATP, completed all the missions bar the eliminate the military for Kalinan but for some reason the mission won't allow me to complete it even though i blew up all 3 of the BMPs. Not quite sure why.

Also where should i report minor bugs and bits? (e.g dragunov seems to be rather underpowered as i've shot military in the head with it twice and they still didn't die.)

Also BNPs seem to be taking 3-4 shots to kill from the rocket launcher and don't show up on binocs (took me a while to realize while i was insta-dying in the cordon, turns out there was a BMP over the fence), considering how rare the ammo is this seems a bit much...

Also things like not being about to find NPC's i've taken missions for and now can't complete because they have vanished (probably moved or wandered off but they are not showing up on the map.

I also cannot equip the red m14 grenades.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 12:53

quote:

Kalinin:
Are any attackers still alive somewhere? (I'm not sure if it is still the case, but you used to have to
Spoiler:

Weapons:
I think Aleks is currently looking at weapon balance issues, and others here are far more expert than I am about what weapons should be capable of. I suggest that you post any concerns here under their own topic heading. NB: some NPCs have been buffed so that it can take several head shots to take them down. (Speaking as someone who can just about tell which end of a gun is the shooty end, I often remind myself that Soup is basically a fantasy game, and I don't take the stats too seriously. Very Happy )

BMPs:
are meant to be tough opponents, but you can take them down with other weapons. Grenades can be very effective, and sustained sniper fire (or even a decent shotgun if you can get close enough!) will do the trick eventually. I try to hide behind something solid and lean out just far enough to be able see part of the BTR while still being hidden from its gun, then take my time... Twisted Evil

Wandering NPCs:
Is anyone missing in particular? Some NPCs do tend to wander between maps, e.g.,
Spoiler:

You sometimes come across these NPCs in mid-journey, which I like as it makes it more believable than if they just teleported.

Grenades:
Sometimes a particular grenade type can glitch, and you have to drop or stash them all then pick them up again before you can select that one again. Also, as you probably know, changing grenades has a random element and if you have several types and it can take several attempts before you equip the one you want.
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 23:18

Thanks bud. I'll try and find that thread to post in about weapons,
Worked out the grenade one eventually by accident (read: blew self sky high with wrong one)

Mole is the one that seems to have totally vanished. Can't seem to find him at either DV or Agroprom.

Still getting quest non-completeable issues. Have 6 (7 if you include mole) now:
Kill the military (Kalinan) they are all dead, Kalinan can't seem to accept that.
Get the Armour for Bes (Got ghost's suit, he just won't take it)
Kill boars (cordon, fox?) Completed this mission first time round fine, then he gave it again but said boars have never spawned to be killed so i can't do anything about it.
Goldfish for Kostya (have it, he won't take it)
Kill trader (it might mean traitor?) stalker for sigorovich (marked on map as being near bar), he isn't there. I stand in the marker spot too and no sign of him
Defend hunters in the cordon, says i need to deliver the cargo (a crossbow i think), have defended all three after several reloads despite their suicidal tendencies, and gone to Zahar as instructed... He won't take the blasted thing off me, no options of any kind to finish the quest.
Retrieve mole's PDA (can't find mole anywhere)
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 1:47

Thanks bud. I'll try and find that thread to post in about weapons,
Worked out the grenade one eventually by accident (read: blew self sky high with wrong one)

Mole is the one that seems to have totally vanished. Can't seem to find him at either DV or Agroprom.

Still getting quest non-completeable issues. Have 6 (7 if you include mole) now:
Kill the military (Kalinan) they are all dead, Kalinan can't seem to accept that.
Get the Armour for Bes (Got ghost's suit, he just won't take it)
Kill boars (cordon, fox?) Completed this mission first time round fine, then he gave it again but said boars have never spawned to be killed so i can't do anything about it.
Goldfish for Kostya (have it, he won't take it)
Kill trader (it might mean traitor?) stalker for sigorovich (marked on map as being near bar), he isn't there. I stand in the marker spot too and no sign of him
Defend hunters in the cordon, says i need to deliver the cargo (a crossbow i think), have defended all three after several reloads despite their suicidal tendencies, and gone to Zahar as instructed... He won't take the blasted thing off me, no options of any kind to finish the quest.
Retrieve mole's PDA (can't find mole anywhere)

Task/Mission Problems:

Cheers

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 22:18

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a few updates for this still have some quest non-completeable issues, but have found a way around on some and some were me being boneheaded, updated below:

(This is all true for latest current version and i have regenerated my all.sav)

Existing issues update:

Got some new ones too:

new issues:

A couple of questions
Find the military PDA - Got past the first bit and completed the "kill the bandit" quest portion, no clues at all on where the "ganster" in question is or hints in dilogue tex

Also for the SKAT-15 armour i cannot find the blasted upgrade for it in Rostok (wild territory) does it only spawn after you finish the main quest?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 23:37

Also for the SKAT-15 armour i cannot find the blasted upgrade for it in Rostok (wild territory)

Have a read of the instructions that accompanied the suit... Wink
Back to top Go down
BadDragon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 23:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I did, even look at a video for the original mod and unless it's been moved its not there. I've spent 2 hours looking on top at every blasted train car with no luck.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 23:48

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a few updates for this still have some quest non-completeable issues, but have found a way around on some and some were me being boneheaded, updated below:

(This is all true for latest current version and i have regenerated my all.sav)

Existing issues update:

Got some new ones too:

new issues:

A couple of questions
Find the military PDA - Got past the first bit and completed the "kill the bandit" quest portion, no clues at all on where the "ganster" in question is or hints in dilogue tex

Also for the SKAT-15 armour i cannot find the blasted upgrade for it in Rostok (wild territory) does it only spawn after you finish the main quest?

More Info:

Good luck, good hunting, see you at the 100 Rads.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 0:00

Interestingly, I just had an NPC "blow up" on me today when returning from a Kostya quest.

He was alive but disabled, at the intersection of the main road and the Pripyat road in Radar. I knifed him as his final dispatch, and about 5 seconds after the knife connected with his helmet, "BOOM"!

A booby trap by a dying Monolith? (16.8, 16.8 all.sav)
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 1:42

Interestingly, I just had an NPC "blow up" on me today when returning from a Kostya quest.

He was alive but disabled, at the intersection of the main road and the Pripyat road in Radar.  I knifed him as his final dispatch, and about 5 seconds after the knife connected with his helmet, "BOOM"!

A booby trap by a dying Monolith?  (16.8, 16.8 all.sav)

That's a "feature" of the mod. Twisted Evil

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 2:10

A booby trap by a dying Monolith?

That's a "feature" of the mod. Twisted Evil

Yep. Booby trap... cherry
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 2:48

Hey!

I could see this team going that far Very Happy. Exploding backpacks and exploding NPC. What's next, exploding Sid? lolol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest   

Back to top Go down

Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: