STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Can't get into the Caves...
by Sgtanarchy Today at 2:19

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by sjohnson Yesterday at 22:45

» Max Lubero and his PDA
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 16:47

» The Walkthrough's order of events
by nemisis1842khann Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 17:54

» Error message and help/support subforum
by grayxy Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 11:06

» Batch of bugs and help request for STALKERSOUP 1.1.0016 latest
by sjohnson Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 2:48

» Error on installation
by sf67n20 Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 21:26

» Windows system restore, and update 16.8
by nemisis1842khann Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:29

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728    
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann
 
sjohnson
 
Sword2012
 
pchester
 
oxe222
 
grayxy
 
Aleks1970
 
BadDragon
 
Sgtanarchy
 
kd6dm
 
Statistics
We have 403 registered users
The newest registered user is adamhussein

Our users have posted a total of 4366 messages in 460 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 14:14

Share | 
 

 Cat's request for info on Monolith

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 21:54

After Cat has asked me to check Agroprom for Monolith activity, I find two of them there hunkered down with Huck and Chuck

But I can't get anywhere close to the two Monolith before a group of Military shoot them down first, killing Huck and Chuck too. The task is immediately cancelled and I'm left to pick up the pieces

I can kill the Monolith, saving H & C, but as soon I get anywhere close the military take them down anyway

If I accept everyone's death, then Cat has no further dialogue for me, so I can't report it...

I've been in and out of the area, in case anything happens differently, but it's always the same result

Is this intentional, please, so I can carry on with my game? I have multiple saved options around this point, and don't know which one to take...  Shocked
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After Cat has asked me to check Agroprom for Monolith activity, I find two of them there hunkered down with Huck and Chuck

But I can't get anywhere close to the two Monolith before a group of Military shoot them down first, killing Huck and Chuck too. The task is immediately cancelled and I'm left to pick up the pieces

I can kill the Monolith, saving H & C, but as soon I get anywhere close the military take them down anyway

If I accept everyone's death, then Cat has no further dialogue for me, so I can't report it...

I've been in and out of the area, in case anything happens differently, but it's always the same result

Is this intentional, please, so I can carry on with my game? I have multiple saved options around this point, and don't know which one to take...  Shocked

I have usually cleared out the military by that point. I suggest that you do the same before rescuing Huck & Chuck. The mission won't start until you actually approach them.

Having killed the Monolith, H&C may start rushing madly up and down the valley. If so, a quicksave/quickload will usually calm them enough to follow you. Also avoid Sherstuck if he is under the pylon, or they may get into a firefight - and he is quite capable of killing one or both of them. I usually lead them around the back of the base to avoid him.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 72
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:48

Sword wrote:
 

That's a new one on me. Could you "pre-strip" the area of Military before going for Huck and Chuck? Never had to do that with the Military, but I always clear out boars, bloodsuckers, and tushkanos before retrieving those two. Even then, it takes a couple of quicksaves and reloads to get them to the destination.

EDIT, Looks we answered at the same time, pchester. Wink

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 23:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That's a new one on me. Could you "pre-strip" the area of Military before going for Huck and Chuck? Never had to do that with the Military, but I always clear out boars, bloodsuckers, and tushkanos before retrieving those two. Even then, it takes a couple of quicksaves and reloads to get them to the destination.

EDIT, Looks we answered at the same time, pchester. Wink
Thank you to you both, but it's the first time this has happened to me too. The three military guys are already down in the valley close to Huck, Chuck, and the two Monolith by the campfire, and seem to be getting on well, but immediately I get within scope range the soldiers open fire on them all

Is there a 'wraith' cheat I can use here? Or maybe I should come back with my Stealth suit...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 23:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

That's a new one on me. Could you "pre-strip" the area of Military before going for Huck and Chuck? Never had to do that with the Military, but I always clear out boars, bloodsuckers, and tushkanos before retrieving those two. Even then, it takes a couple of quicksaves and reloads to get them to the destination.

EDIT, Looks we answered at the same time, pchester. Wink
Thank you to you both, but it's the first time this has happened to me too. The three military guys are already down in the valley close to Huck, Chuck, and the two Monolith by the campfire, and seem to be getting on well, but immediately I get within scope range the soldiers open fire on them all

Is there a 'wraith' cheat I can use here? Or maybe I should come back with my Stealth suit...

I find that I can usually snipe the Monolith from a distance and they don't respond. I am surprised that the military detect you at extreme range. Have you tried clearing the area before taking the mission from Cat?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 0:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I find that I can usually snipe the Monolith from a distance and they don't respond. I am surprised that the military detect you at extreme range. Have you tried clearing the area before taking the mission from Cat?

I can snipe the Monolith no problem, leaving Huck and Chuck alive. It's when I get within sight, even from a long distance, of the military that they open fire on H & C

I've already cleared the area of bloodsuckers, and the military trader is friendly. It's these three military guys in the valley, where Kuznetsov's briefcase was, that are the problem

I'll keep trying different approaches, though, including killing the Monolith, leaving Agroprom, and coming back in again... Suspect
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 10:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I find that I can usually snipe the Monolith from a distance and they don't respond. I am surprised that the military detect you at extreme range. Have you tried clearing the area before taking the mission from Cat?

I can snipe the Monolith no problem, leaving Huck and Chuck alive. It's when I get within sight, even from a long distance, of the military that they open fire on H & C

I've already cleared the area of bloodsuckers, and the military trader is friendly. It's these three military guys in the valley, where Kuznetsov's briefcase was, that are the problem

I'll keep trying different approaches, though, including killing the Monolith, leaving Agroprom, and coming back in again... Suspect

Any military in the valley are not part of the Huck & Chuck mission. That is why I wondered if you could clear them out before taking the mission. If you go there before H&C are spawned, you would be in the clear to kill them and any other military in the area who might intervene. Then, when you do take the mission which spawns H&C, you shouldn't have any interference.

Possibly. geek
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 201
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 65
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 11:56

IIRC, the military trader is "friendly" to MO, but NOT H&C!

I clear out the military as completely as possible (excepting the trader) when I do Sid's steal the info mission to Agroprom. By traveling with H&C down the West side of the military base, it's easy to get them safely to the Stalker base.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Fri 9 Feb 2018 - 23:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I find that I can usually snipe the Monolith from a distance and they don't respond. I am surprised that the military detect you at extreme range. Have you tried clearing the area before taking the mission from Cat?

I can snipe the Monolith no problem, leaving Huck and Chuck alive. It's when I get within sight, even from a long distance, of the military that they open fire on H & C

I've already cleared the area of bloodsuckers, and the military trader is friendly. It's these three military guys in the valley, where Kuznetsov's briefcase was, that are the problem

I'll keep trying different approaches, though, including killing the Monolith, leaving Agroprom, and coming back in again... Suspect

Any military in the valley are not part of the Huck & Chuck mission. That is why I wondered if you could clear them out before taking the mission. If you go there before H&C are spawned, you would be in the clear to kill them and any other military in the area who might intervene. Then, when you do take the mission which spawns H&C, you shouldn't have any interference.

Possibly. geek

Further news on this predicament...

I killed both Monolith and then left Agroprom

Then I returned, and finally found a way to sneak around the two soldiers from a distance without triggering the 'Mission Failed' message, and took them both down, leaving just Huck and Chuck alive and uninjured

Then as I approached a little further two more soldiers suddenly spawned in front of H&C and killed them

I had to do this part several times to kill these two new soldiers in the couple of seconds before they opened fire

As soon as I reached H&C they started following me - with no message to save them

I got them to Adrenalin's base safely, but they kept following me

So I had to use Infoportion
Spoiler:
 
to end their mission, then
Spoiler:
 
to get the 'Get info from the Monolith' message, so I could return to Cat and carry on the quest...

All's well that ends well, but it kinda ruined the atmosphere a bit... Sleep
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 9:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
All's well that ends well, but it kinda ruined the atmosphere a bit... Sleep

Well done for finding a solution! Let's hope that your military involvement was a one-off, and that it isn't going to become a permanent part of the Huck & Chuck mission... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 12:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
All's well that ends well, but it kinda ruined the atmosphere a bit... Sleep

Well done for finding a solution! Let's hope that your military involvement was a one-off, and that it isn't going to become a permanent part of the Huck & Chuck mission... Rolling Eyes

I hope not, too, but I think there's some unresolved code in there somewhere, especially in regard to all eight NPCs being at the campfire at the same time, just waiting for things to kick off...
Huck & Chuck
Two Monolith
Two Military
Two rapidly spawned military as you approach them, presumably because the other two are now dead

It probably didn't help that I'd killed the two Monolith first, but from that distance you really can't tell who's who...

Oh, and did I mention I was trying to sneak up on them at night time? Suspect

But hey, at least I'm now on my way to
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 72
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Chuck & Huck    Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 14:51

Sword2012, pchester discussion:
 

Hi Sword, I just did that mission yesterday, and it went as normal. No Military, but did have four Monolith guarding Chuck and Huck. Once you get their attention, they then follow you really well.
No Military anywhere in Agroprom.

Wait for me in Pripyat, have to see Rabinovich too Exclamation

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 47
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 14:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
... but I think there's some unresolved code in there somewhere, especially in regard to all eight NPCs being at the campfire at the same time, just waiting for things to kick off...
Huck & Chuck
Two Monolith
Two Military
Two rapidly spawned military as you approach them, presumably because the other two are now dead

It probably didn't help that I'd killed the two Monolith first, but from that distance you really can't tell who's who...

Before when you taking this Cat's task
- are you already finished the transmutator task for the Kuznetsov?
Back to top Go down
http://stalkersoup.forumotion.me
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   Sat 10 Feb 2018 - 15:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Before when you taking this Cat's task
- are you already finished the transmutator task for the Kuznetsov?

I completed Kuznetsov's task, and found the briefcase

Unfortunately he was dead by the time I returned. Resurrecting him didn't help so I spawned the Transmutator

I still have the briefcase. Should I have used a special Infoportion to complete the mission? The task is no longer in my Diary...

BTW, Thank you for Micropatch 6, which arrived today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cat's request for info on Monolith   

Back to top Go down
 
Cat's request for info on Monolith
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: