STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Where and when is Rat around?
by sjohnson Today at 19:13

» 'stable_stories' file completed
by pchester Yesterday at 23:18

» Holding gun, then grenade... What?
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 17:49

» S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 announced
by TecnoBacon Yesterday at 17:27

» Sako TRG 42 suppressor
by kd6dm Tue 22 May 2018 - 23:15

» ATP Transiton
by pchester Mon 21 May 2018 - 22:00

» Kostya's Garbage cache
by meadle Mon 21 May 2018 - 18:16

» Kostya's stash in Cordon? (In the wood near the abandoned factory)
by pchester Mon 21 May 2018 - 9:39

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
nemisis1842khann

pchester

meadle

sjohnson

TecnoBacon

Sword2012

joy division

kd6dm

FurphyForum

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5724 messages in 653 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:59

One get the quest to delete father diodor any one know what he's done,
 or is it just a filler quest to get one some were else, there are a few kill
 this one, that one, he's a traitor whats he done, er  do'no....
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 18:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
One get the quest to delete father diodor any one know what he's done, or is it just a filler quest to get one some were else. there are a few kill  this one, that one, he's a traitor whats he done, er  do'no....

The 'reward' for killing Father Diodor is nothing special, and all he's done wrong is have a different opinion to Sidorovich...

So the game lets you choose if you're a killer for hire, or have more altruistic values. Including the option to hand back a job once you discover its true purpose, or the nature of the target...

Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 22:25

Thanks I on the job from sid to kill the 'trader' in the swamp, I put a save before doing that quest
just to see what happens, all I managed to do was alienate lector and poss any one else in the
swamp area, the game said being a killer or some thing, so I rolled back to the save to refuse
the work, I did kill the one on the pumping station from a distance with a sniper and that did not
appear to effect any thing, so I will let diodor live , be a hero ..
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 1:42

I did kill the one on the pumping station from a distance with a sniper and that did not  appear to effect anything 

If you use the same distancing technique on the trader near Lector, and then leave the area, he won't know who it was...

As this 'trader' supplies dodgy goods, potentially risking the lives of all his clients in the Zone (who's going to complain?), I consider it my moral duty to take him off the market...
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 14:49

Mmm good thinking, will look into the idea, thanks
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 15:33

Mmm good thinking, will look into the idea, thanks

Spoiler:

See you in the Zone.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 17:15

I did not remember those 'secret bombs' but I will remember them the next time I am there,
I deleted the item from a distance and at that time nothing happened , bug when I went to get
the medicine for cat I was fired on by some guy, I hid behind the medicine man and tried to get
get him to shoot and miss and doc would take him out, but alas no so I killed him and nothing
happened, even when I went back for the medicine, did he try for me because I killed the other
'trader' no idea.
But a weird thing happened after I killed Diodor I could not get any one by the camp fire to react
to me wanting to talk, I picked a bottle of vodka by the fire and suddenly wolf went mad I got
behind some cover before he killed me no matter what I did he would not stop, so I shot him
and my weapon jumped out of my hand , I tried to pick it up but it would not stay, there was no
ctd to send in to understand what happened, so I did a restart and all was ok , weird or what,
I am going to do a restart back to where doc appears in streloks hide out and try to get an
idea what I am doing wrong and where.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 10:29

I did not remember those 'secret bombs' but I will remember them the next time I am there, I deleted the item from a distance and at that time nothing happened , bug when I went to get the medicine for cat I was fired on by some guy, I hid behind the medicine man and tried to get get him to shoot and miss and doc would take him out, but alas no so I killed him and nothing happened, even when I went back for the medicine, did he try for me because I killed the other 'trader' no idea.

But a weird thing happened  after I killed Diodor I could not get any one by the camp fire to react to me wanting to talk, I picked a bottle of vodka by the fire and suddenly wolf went mad I got behind some cover before he killed me no matter what I did he would not stop, so I shot him and my weapon jumped out of my hand , I tried to pick it up but it would not stay, there was no ctd to send in to understand what happened, so I did a restart and all was ok , weird or what, I am going to do a restart back to where doc appears in streloks hide out and try to get an idea what I am doing wrong and where.

Reputations take a while to build. If you kill one member of a faction, any faction member who saw you will probably become an enemy, but others who didn't see it remain friendly or neutral. If you go on killing faction members, eventually they will all turn against you. Having said that, I cleared out most of Borov's base
Spoiler:

by being sneaky sneaky, and the remaining ones including Borov are still friendly.

Usually if a faction member turns hostile and attacks you, the other NPCs won't react if you kill him because (I assume) it was in 'self defense'.

If Wolf etc. didn't turn hostile after you killed Father Diodor, they probably didn't see you do it. If they won't talk at all (no "use" option) it may be a glitch. I occasionally get the same thing when I return to that campfire, and either quicksave-quickload or going away and returning later usually fixes it. If they will talk but only with the standard smalltalk responses, it probably means that you are missing some trigger for their next response.

TB tweaked NPC reactions a few versions back. Now if you pick up an item from around a campfire, the nearby NPCs will often turn against you - after all, it was probably their vodka that you stole!

Finally, the rewards for assassination missions are usually just a minor artefact (Slug, Gravi etc.) so it is up to you to decide if it is worth the possible reputation hit. Personally I don't take those missions any more. Let them do their own dirty work!  No
Back to top Go down
Arthoryum
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 14:08

I did not remember those 'secret bombs' but I will remember them the next time I am there, I deleted the item from a distance and at that time nothing happened , bug when I went to get the medicine for cat I was fired on by some guy, I hid behind the medicine man and tried to get get him to shoot and miss and doc would take him out, but alas no so I killed him and nothing happened, even when I went back for the medicine, did he try for me because I killed the other 'trader' no idea.

But a weird thing happened  after I killed Diodor I could not get any one by the camp fire to react to me wanting to talk, I picked a bottle of vodka by the fire and suddenly wolf went mad I got behind some cover before he killed me no matter what I did he would not stop, so I shot him and my weapon jumped out of my hand , I tried to pick it up but it would not stay, there was no ctd to send in to understand what happened, so I did a restart and all was ok , weird or what, I am going to do a restart back to where doc appears in streloks hide out and try to get an idea what I am doing wrong and where.

Reputations take a while to build. If you kill one member of a faction, any faction member who saw you will probably become an enemy, but others who didn't see it remain friendly or neutral. If you go on killing faction members, eventually they will all turn against you. Having said that, I cleared out most of Borov's base
Spoiler:

by being sneaky sneaky, and the remaining ones including Borov are still friendly.

Usually if a faction member turns hostile and attacks you, the other NPCs won't react if you kill him because (I assume) it was in 'self defense'.

If Wolf etc. didn't turn hostile after you killed Father Diodor, they probably didn't see you do it. If they won't talk at all (no "use" option) it may be a glitch. I occasionally get the same thing when I return to that campfire, and either quicksave-quickload or going away and returning later usually fixes it. If they will talk but only with the standard smalltalk responses, it probably means that you are missing some trigger for their next response.

TB tweaked NPC reactions a few versions back. Now if you pick up an item from around a campfire, the nearby NPCs will often turn against you - after all, it was probably their vodka that you stole!

Finally, the rewards for assassination missions are usually just a minor artefact (Slug, Gravi etc.) so it is up to you to decide if it is worth the possible reputation hit. Personally I don't take those missions any more. Let them do their own dirty work!  No

In fact, the only objective i usually kill was Poker and he was killed by the Military Attack at the Bandit Base, so... Laughing, thankfully, Core is still alive, so i can trade with him...
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 14:54

Hi Arthoryum,
I have done some 'removals' and encountered some hostility, I am now in the process of
a restarting some way back as things are getting out of hand in that way, and so will not do
any 'er removals' , to much hassle apart from the main quest items from the story line that is,
it was offered as an idea to use gas bottles and the red barrels if near by 'i did not do it' , but
as you say building up the reputation is hard enough so one minor error is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...   

Back to top Go down

Father Diodor - To kill or not to kill...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: