STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A possible bug?
by pchester Today at 15:22

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by sjohnson Today at 4:14

» Problems in Reconoitered Territory
by pchester Yesterday at 14:53

» Cobblestone / Artefact Guide request
by Sword2012 Yesterday at 13:40

» Which weapon fires 9x18mm +P+
by vf14 Tue 17 Jul 2018 - 23:11

» Dead City, Parfumer and Doctor.
by pchester Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 20:57

» How to go to Fang?
by Chef-70 Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 9:06

» Special armor questions..
by sjohnson Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 8:47

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
 
sjohnson
 
Alphabet Soup
 
Sword2012
 
vf14
 
Rat Catcher
 
zone
 
Chef-70
 
joy division
 
Statistics
We have 540 registered users
The newest registered user is zakhad

Our users have posted a total of 6287 messages in 719 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Aleks1970

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 
 

 Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sf67n20
Novice
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 68
Location : Washington State

PostSubject: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 3:13

i have played the best game i could and still when all is said and done,ghosts quests, scientists quests, syaks quests, etc..etc... .i cannot find fang to get to limansk. how do i get to limansk ? did i miss something in a pda for directions?

going crazy .........
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 536
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 3:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i have played the best game i could and still when all is said and done,ghosts quests, scientists quests, syaks quests, etc..etc... .i cannot find fang to get to limansk. how do i get to limansk ? did i miss something in a pda for directions ? going crazy .........

Have you completed all the Recon tasks?
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 68
Location : Washington State

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 6:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i have played the best game i could and still when all is said and done,ghosts quests, scientists quests, syaks quests, etc..etc... .i cannot find fang to get to limansk. how do i get to limansk ? did i miss something in a pda for directions ? going crazy .........

Have you completed all the Recon tasks?
Spoiler:
 

I have no idea of where/how to enter these quests/maps you mention. I am playing the typical game and not the collectors edition. I did open up another path of play by speaking to the bandit before going with Bullet to help his people. I had never known of the game play with Borov ... it was great . I try to speak to as many people now as possible to find new paths but nothing has happened to get me to limansk as once mentioned by Zahar. I have not gotten the controller brains for the Freedom commander and some quest lines are broken. Duty general won't see I had killed Hump , Sid does not see I have the artifact in the case , and other paths.
If I must start over AGAIN , I would be as lost as before.
As I read this reply, it is vague as I speak...hard to explain it all .
I have cheated early on and acquired special weapons from the weapons list....AA12 shotgun & a sniper rifle, and a Nano suit ended up in my backpack. I use the teleports only when the game gets redundant ....like traveling from radar to army warehouses. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but where ?

Thank You for the patience to reply .
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 506
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 7:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

...

some quest lines are broken. Duty general won't see I had killed Hump , Sid does not see I have the artifact in the case , and other paths.

...
I'm not sure this is what happened, but just today I killed Hump, but with a grenade.   Even though he was dead, I got no credit.  Using ESC-R (do a save, first use of ESC-R gives CTD) I resurrected him and killed him again, this time with a shotgun.  I got the system message that I'd killed Hump Voronin is now happy.

Traders can't see artifacts in the case.  Take it out of the case first and see what happens Wink
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 68
Location : Washington State

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 7:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

...

some quest lines are broken. Duty general won't see I had killed Hump , Sid does not see I have the artifact in the case , and other paths.

...
I'm not sure this is what happened, but just today I killed Hump, but with a grenade.   Even though he was dead, I got no credit.  Using ESC-R (do a save, first use of ESC-R gives CTD) I resurrected him and killed him again, this time with a shotgun.  I got the system message that I'd killed Hump Voronin is now happy.

Traders can't see artifacts in the case.  Take it out of the case first and see what happens Wink

Thank You ... I tried to have the artifact open and in case ... doesn't seem to see either. I'll try that with the hump debacle next time I get there . I'm going to start over again and see where I'm going wrong. Perhaps the cheat weapons are giving me a bad pathway .
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 506
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 7:48

Forgot to say:

If an NPC killed Hump, I didn't get credit.

Make sure no firearms are on or near Humps corpse as he may well use them against you when resurrected.  Similarly, don't stand too close to Hump on resurrection as he'll likely do a melee attack if so.  Have your firearm deployed.

Make sure Hump isn't near any Merc corpses as ESC-R may revive them, too.

Kill Hump is one of my least favorite side missions as it is both picky as to how it's played and buggy (For instance: it may have changed, but a quickload after a quicksave has always cleared all corpses from the site, no looting available).
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 536
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 15:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have no idea of where/how to enter these quests/maps you mention. I am playing the typical game and not the collectors edition

If you've not yet reached Recon then you have much more playing time left in the game...

If you come to a full stop in any quest line, then go somewhere else. Very little of the game is linear, and achieving something in one place will often trigger something in a different map

Playing last night I needed to kill some time in the game while waiting for an NPC to show up, so I went to Agroprom to clear out a few stashes - and found a recently-placed map with a new transition (Agroprom to the Cordon)!

I've been playing this game for over three years, attempting to clean up dodgy dialogues in my wake, and only met Fang two weeks ago. I play very few other games, and haven't got to Collector yet Wink
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 68
Location : Washington State

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 16:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have no idea of where/how to enter these quests/maps you mention. I am playing the typical game and not the collectors edition

If you've not yet reached Recon then you have much more playing time left in the game...

If you come to a full stop in any quest line, then go somewhere else. Very little of the game is linear, and achieving something in one place will often trigger something in a different map

Playing last night I needed to kill some time in the game while waiting for an NPC to show up, so I went to Agroprom to clear out a few stashes - and found a recently-placed map with a new transition (Agroprom to the Cordon)!

I've been playing this game for over three years, attempting to clean up dodgy dialogues in my wake, and only met Fang two weeks ago. I play very few other games, and haven't got to Collector yet Wink

I hear you . And, Thank You .

The bummer is when I come to a broken quest and can get no further. I do not understand the language in the " info" helps and stop there . I have cleared out my "task" list many times and seemingly can go nowhere. I have begun a new game and will go much slower. I can only assess that I have been going too fast in search of the "rabbits tail" .... (sort of speaking) .

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 536
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 16:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have begun a new game and will go much slower. I can only assess that I have been going too fast in search of the "rabbits tail"...

Very wise. Most of us here have started the game several times over, and learnt something new each time

Please avoid using the game's built-in cheat mode Teleporter. It's only there for Beta testers, and will not only spoil your enjoyment of the game, but can bypass essential trigger points when entering an area from an unexpected direction

Also, avoid using Infoportions unless you really, really need one to resolve a known fault. Common known faults are usually fixed quickly with a mini-patch, but Infoportions can screw up your path through the game faster than anything if used indiscriminately. They should be treated only as a last resort when all else fails...

Let us know how you get on... Smile
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 68
Location : Washington State

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 1:18

Well, this game just gets better & better. After starting a new game and talking to many I had never had course with ...new and great things are open. Now, I have completed all quests, gold chunks, controller brains, Ghost's diaries, etc.. but the Hump saga stays broken . I kill him, resurrect him .. kill him . and never get the completed quest. I haven't heard from Fang yet so this may be a broken quest ... bummer ! I'm going insane now hoping to find the mystery cure (not a real quest...just my brain strain)...I'll stumble around for awhile and see what pops. Haven't reached Recon....don't even know what this is actually . So I'm off to see the wizard (pun) !
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master
avatar

Posts : 506
Join date : 2017-06-03
Age : 66
Location : South Dakota, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 3:23

Again, I dislike the Hump mission as it seems so buggy. One playthrough I had to re-enter Rostok 5 or 7 times to get the mission to complete.

It's weird during the battle, as well. Sometimes there are 6-8 Duty and Loners helping the battle, others only 2-3 are there (the Duty guards).

It's like taking out the trash when the bag is overfull. You hold your breath that the bag won't rip and leave you with a mess...
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice


Posts : 18
Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 9:48

But seriously.... where is Fang the first time we find him? Do we talk to him to do Fang quests before Limansk or someone else? If so who? Do we not actually see him before the cave in Recon? How to get to Recon if we have to go there before Limansk? I have a job in Limansk also but no way to get there. I have played SOC,CS,COP and COC with several diff mods, LA DC, Last day , SGM22. This is by far the most challenging. Great work here and it runs smooth.
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice


Posts : 18
Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 10:01

StalkerSoup Guide 05 Oct 2014:


23. Then go to the Freedom base and take the Dead Frenchman's PDA. The dead
Frenchman's corpse was in the upper room of the Freedom headquarters. Need to loot his
body fast before the npcs do. Some Avengers spawn also. Report back to the hunter leader
Zahar in the Bar area.

24. If you have met the requirements for this quest to continue a couple new ways
(transitions) will appear. Talk with Fang and he will have some new dialogue options.

; << Where?? Does not say in Recon or any hint at all of where to find Fang to go talk to him. >>

25. After completing all Fang Quests go to Limansk. In one of the buildings we find a group
of Freedom soldiers headed by Bormann. Talk to Bormann (I found him outside patrolling
the street) and get the task to destroy the Monolith sniper.
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice


Posts : 18
Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 10:22

The kicker, this was in between 23 and 24....... It says I have to go to Limansk before I can go to Limansk and meet Fang before I can find Fang. I was tracking ok using this guide until I got to here. Used two other guides to fill in the blanks in this one up to this point. Now stuck.

New area can be opened in step below depending on if you
have completed the quests in 'The search for boxes and safes of the
Mysterious Stalker', "Continued search for a Mysterious Stalker" and have
met Fang : Red Forest and Limansk Other quests I have done up to this point
in case they might be necessary: Search for the Lost Expedition, Begin
Search for Ghost and Fangs Murderers, Search for Fangs Killer, The Search
for Ghost, Clear Sky Quests 6-14, Quests Fang (Varlab, Red Forest) 1-26 and
of course Quests Kostya Search For The Black Doctor 1-23
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 12:03

Fang's story is interwoven with several others, so it can seem a bit complicated. It might be easier to follow if I go back a little way...

Spoilers, obviously... :
 

I hope that makes the Fang section a bit clearer. I have obviously had to leave out a lot of stuff, but the story continues from there...
Back to top Go down
vf14
Novice


Posts : 18
Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   Sat 7 Jul 2018 - 3:18

Perfect. That put me right back on track. Thank you so much. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?   

Back to top Go down
 
Where is Fang to complete the quest to Limansk?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: