StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum - Page 5 I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Error message and help/support subforum

Go down 
+49
siriusnator
Maximus86
Strelok981
Hadrons
lv1234
TrueB
ooga_booga
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Loner12
harry5518
kd6dm
Demawil
PhilH231
fantomas
TheDLord
UndeadDaiki
neworder455
Ikaruss
humdee
N0uba
CEASAR
Auftragsgriller
Alphabet Soup
ZeroGott
Iceddeadmeat
Warezz.K
Jakovsky
WhiteWolf
Bisque
Aleks1970
papanoel
TecnoBacon
Tolya
BadDragon
sjohnson
RazR
grayxy
patmartins
oxe222
NorryD
Rat Catcher
nemisis1842khann
_Nite_
aZmoDen
rusty_shackleford
Hipster Doofus
pchester
Sword2012
Steve90k
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Warezz.K
Novice

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 23:00

When i save game, die and click to last save or load save, game constantly crash with. This is frustrating. I have last version.

0023:09A3C700 xrGame.dll
0023:09A610AF xrGame.dll
0023:09A2C852 xrGame.dll

[error][ 87] : Parameter wrong
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 23:14

Warezz.K wrote:
When i save game, die and click to last save or load save, game constantly crash with. This is frustrating. I have last version.

[error][      87]    : Parameter wrong

Hi Warezz.K, how far are you in the game, as it looks like you missing a file
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 23:17

WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

It's a new and fresh game. And fresh install. I played this with collector mode. Must start game again and load save. Then works but if i die i've got this CTD again. I don't like starting game again and again like idiot. Don't know what's wrong.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 23:28

Warezz.K wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

It's a new and fresh game. And fresh install. I played this with collector mode. Must start game again and load save. Then works but if i die i've got this CTD again. I don't like starting game again and again like idiot. Don't know what's wrong.

Did you have a old file before this new fresh start ?, if you did have a old file with the old game play files in it, the new fresh file will have a problem. This game is a work in progress, i have been playing it for sometime now and it's very good, better than the original CD game. Now, if you had this game file before this new fresh start, you need to remove all stalkersoup old 1.10016 files from your PC using Revo uninstaller, and reinstall a fresh 1.10016.8 file, and also, DO NOT INSTALL IT IN YOUR C DRIVER, instal it in your D driver.
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2018 - 23:43

WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

Did you have a old file before this new fresh start ?, if you did have a old file with the old game play files in it, the new fresh file will have a problem. This game is a work in progress, i have been playing it for sometime now and it's very good, better than the original CD game. Now, if you had this game file before this new fresh start, you need to remove all stalkersoup old 1.10016 files from your PC using Revo uninstaller, and reinstall a fresh 1.10016.8 file, and also, DO NOT INSTALL IT IN YOUR C DRIVER, instal it in your D driver.

I have SS instaled long ago in my HDD and only running updater with newest versions. I think i reinstall game complete and then try it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 20:54

Hello again my friends. Is there any way how to change distance (staying close to objects) for dialogues, open box etc? I mean press F for... (open, talk...) There are long distance and it's unrealistic Smile
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 21:24

Warezz.K wrote:
Hello again my friends. Is there any way how to change distance (staying close to objects) for dialogues, open box etc? I mean press F for... (open, talk...) There are long distance and it's unrealistic Smile

You need to edit a couple of files. Make backups before editing just in case!
Edits:
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 21:26

pchester wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

You need to edit a couple of files. Make backups before editing just in case!
Edits:

Thanks! Now this what i need.
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 22:00

Warezz.K wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

I have SS instaled long ago in my HDD and only running updater with newest versions. I think i reinstall game complete and then try it. Thanks

Well so. Today i install fresh 1.10012 from iso image and update to latest 1.10016 with micro patch. No more changes. But if i play in collector mode, everything fine bud if i die and click to last save or load save, then i give it error][ 87] : Parameter incorrect
Again and again.. Sad Sad
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2018 - 22:46

Warezz.K wrote:
Today i install fresh 1.10012 from iso image and update to latest 1.10016 with micro patch. No more changes. But if i play in collector mode, everything fine bud if i die and click to last save or load save, then i give it error][      87]    : Parameter incorrect
Again and again.. Sad Sad

May I suggest you uninstall the game totally. Absolutely totally, with no remnants nor saves from previous installations, and clean out every registry entry associated with previous installs with a registry cleaning tool like 'CCleaner'

Then follow this guide, and let us know at what step you're getting a failure...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2018 - 17:31

0023:77A9F502 ntdll.dll
0023:642C4C39 MSVCR80.dll, free()
0023:02C5C6D5 xrCore.dll, xrMemory::mem_free()

[error][ 87] : Parametr incorrect.

Any solution or what happens? Random crash. I have 16GB Ram + 16GB SWAP file
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2018 - 19:10

Warezz.K wrote:

[error][      87]    : Parametr incorrect.

What version of Windows, please?
How far into the Installation Help Guide have you got?
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2018 - 19:22

Sword2012 wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:

[error][      87]    : Parametr incorrect.

What version of Windows, please?
How far into the Installation Help Guide have you got?

So:
I have Win10x64, 16GB Ram, 1060GTX and i7 4820k. And my PC is very optimized and works few years fine. Cause i work as IT Manager so i working with PC many years Smile I'm little modder too. But doesn't matter. But today i totally uninstall SS game, clean registry and do it fresh install as you say above. 1.10012 from ISO, then auto updater for 1.00016 and run updater again for micro patch 16.8. Now we will see what happen next. I'm going to try it now and later wrote. We will see what this game can do Smile

EDIT: I have [error][ 8] : Not enough storage is available to process this command...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2018 - 1:58

Warezz.K wrote:
I have [error][ 8] : Not enough storage is available to process this command

Did you follow the specific instructions for Windows 10? Despite the fact that  Windows 10 tries to reject this 32 bit game, there are other programmers here who've got it working well and have donated their experience and advice to the Installation Help Guide for others to succeed too...
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2018 - 7:09

Yea. Do everything. Nothings helps. Maybe i install Win7 to another HDD.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2018 - 7:57

I have SS working well on Win 10 Pro, but my install is atypical because I disabled Win 10 UAC within minutes of my initial Win 10 installation.  I *did* follow the StalkerSoup installation instructions as far as they applied to someone with a system such as mine, and have never had issues that seem to plague some users.

Note:  this is NOT an endorsement or condemnation of UAC in Windows 10.
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2018 - 2:31

I completed Ceasers stash in the Radar, took a transition to ATP, now my player does not move! He just stands there! Help please!

If I remember correctly I had to change something to do with spawns in moders script, I just cant remember what.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2018 - 5:59

See pchester's first reply in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately, this is a bug with no quick fix AFAIK.

Simple fix if done soon enough: finish all ATP missions as early in the game as possible and certainly before the gold bars quests.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2018 - 9:53

sjohnson wrote:
See pchester's first reply in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See also TecnoBacon's post further down that page...
"turn off extra spawns and load the autosave, bug in extra spawns script for atp"
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 15:47

Hi, I need a little advice; I have an ASUS 64x quad core. I recently fried my graphics card, and replaced it with a GTX 1050i. I keep getting this " card doesn't meet game requirements . pixel shaders 1.1 or higher
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 16:04

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Hi, I need a little advice; I have an ASUS 64x quad core. I recently fried my graphics card, and replaced it with a GTX 1050i. I keep getting this " card doesn't meet game requirements . pixel shaders 1.1 or higher
have you set up you settings on that gtx cart

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2018 - 17:56

WhiteWolf wrote:
Iceddeadmeat wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
Im pretty sure I set everything up right. I checked it again yesterday, reloaded stalkersoup today and opened it. it opens but then if I try to do anything in options or try to open the game the screen goes black. And task mgr. says "not responding! not sure whats wrong?
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2018 - 19:53

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Iceddeadmeat wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
Im pretty sure I set everything up right. I checked it again yesterday, reloaded stalkersoup today and opened it. it opens but then if I try to do anything in options or try to open the game the screen goes black. And task mgr. says "not responding! not sure whats wrong?

Try deleting your "user.ltx" file in \stalkersoup\_appdata_\ and restart the game. You will have to reset all your preferences. See if it starts OK. If not, make sure you:
1. Have latest nVidia drivers, 397.93. Updated for Compatibility with latest Win10 upgrade.
2. Updated DirectX. Windows 10 has latest DirectX built in, but sometimes gets corrupted. Look at this site for guidance: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Most likely the creation of a new user.ltx file when you restart Stalkersoup will fix your error.

Good Luck.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2018 - 21:23

Hello people,
i've got a major problem.
After my loading screen finishes my sound is gone and only a change to another sound device and back is fixing it for a moment. If i tab into the game again its gone again.
Disabling/enabling EAX doesnt change anything.

Using a Xonar DGX with UNi xonar drivers and Windows 8.1.
Stalkersoup running in DX9/11 doesnt make a difference.
My guess is thats a problem with openal.
Somebody maybe got a clue on how to fix this problem?
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 9:42

Greetings Forum members.

I am currently running into crashes when ever I reload a quicksave or even when I load another map. I did not originally have this problem, but it seemed to spring up after I left the caves (After starting Baldy's quest).

When I first played, the build was not completely updated (I found this out when enemies were not wielding weapons). So I updated it and found that the issue had been fixed that I was dealing with. From that point on it was generally normal with the occasional crash when trying to load quicksaves and now it will not stop.

Random specs.

Windows 10 (I only just read that this could be an issue), 64bit, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti.

Yes my STALKERSOUP is installed in the C drive (I only just read that this could be a large issue as well).

If I had to predict the way this will go down, I'll probably need to uninstall the entire game and reinstall, losing my current progress - damn.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 11:20

Alphabet Soup wrote:
Windows 10 (I only just read that this could be an issue), 64bit, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti.

Yes my STALKERSOUP is installed in the C drive (I only just read that this could be a large issue as well).

If I had to predict the way this will go down, I'll probably need to uninstall the entire game and reinstall, losing my current progress - damn.

Yes, you'll have discovered by now that the game is huge, and your own personal experience of it is cumulative, as can be seen in conflicting and corrupted saves

You'll be doing the right thing by restarting - we've all done it - and may I suggest you follow this guide here without missing any steps
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's the collective experience of everyone here... Wink

Oh, and your second playthrough will be more satisfying than the first, as you'll be re-entering the Zone with a lot more experience behind you ...
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 13:32

Firstly,

Thank you for your response, Sword.

I'll have to swallow the cossacks vodka and simply uninstall. With that in mind, I have read posts suggesting going as far to even cleaning out any possible registry entries. Is this actually needed? I suppose I should assume yes before even asking that, I'll try to do it regardless (Not that I know what I am looking for, but I'm sure there should be a post somewhere).

sword2012 wrote:
It's the collective experience of everyone here... Wink

Oh, and your second playthrough will be more satisfying than the first, as you'll be re-entering the Zone with a lot more experience behind you ...

Don't worry, I wont be throwing in the towel yet. This mod actually has decent combat, something a lot of modders seem to fail in bringing into their modifications. This is particularly the case with bulletsponge AI, especially animals.

Sorry if I might be getting off-topic, but is it normal for Npcs to only accept cossacks vodka as a drink?

Also, is it a large issue that I am actually using Windows 10? If so, I imagine installing onto a HDD would be a good idea?

Anyway, I'll try to do a fresh reinstall and see where that takes me. I imagine I should completely update my STALKERSOUP to the latest edition, before starting a new game.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 13:59

Alphabet Soup wrote:
Previous post:

Yes, use a tool like CCleaner to clean your registry of any redundant Windows dependencies for older installations - in case Windows thinks the game is still installed in several different places...

The game is still 32 bit, and Windows 10 doesn't like it. There are ways around this in the Installation guide, the most helpful being posted by kd6dm, a former programmer and network administrator

Whether you use a HDD or SSD is up to you. A SSD will give you faster loading times between areas. With Windows 10 the important thing is not to install on your C:\ drive, and most definitely NOT in Program Files. If you only have one partition on your drive, then create another, or add an extra (solid state!) drive  Very Happy

Personally I use a high quality 250Gb SSD for Windows and Programs, a cheaper 120Gb SSD for my favourite (STALKER) games, and a selection of 1Tb and 2Tb HDDs for storage and lesser-used games

Finally yes, by updating the game to the latest version before restarting, all the latest additions will be incorporated into your saves. Using an old save may not include them... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Sword2012 on Thu 7 Jun 2018 - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 14:03

The only part of your question that I feel qualified to answer is about the vodka...

I can think of one task that requires a different brand. Otherwise, yes, it seems to be Cossacks all the way... drunken
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 15:23

I've been running Win 10 since it came out, and SS with it. No problems to date that are really any different than in other Windows versions. Follow the guide advice on installing to Win 10 and you should be OK.

BTW, when I did my Win 10 proper re-install (same one you contemplate) I simply archived , created an all.sav and then loaded my previous savegames and resumed. It worked. I don't remember if it was perfect, but it worked.
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 16:34

Spoiler:

I actually thought this might be the case, that my game was pretty functional on Windows 10, excluding the loading crashes.

I reinstalled SS onto a HDD, but to be honest I found it ran a bit too choppy for my liking (I suppose that could have been expected). so I decided to reinstall it back onto my main PC. Though, when I try to reinstall it I receive the following message (This occurs when I press "Okay", after I select my language).

"Incompatible STALKERSOUP version: - 1.1.0007
A minimum of 1.1.0007 version is required."

I wonder if the reinstall on my HDD had something to do with this? I do find this suggestion unlikely, considering I reinstalled it onto my HDD, rather than main PC and copied over. The only thing I could consider that may have been installed onto my PC (While installing onto my HDD, which I cleaned before the HDD reinstall) could be registry files, which I'll be searching for.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

EDIT:

I managed to find some files that were in my registry and deleted them, though this did not resolve the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 20:16

Alphabet Soup wrote:
Spoiler:

A couple of points here...

When you say you installed to an HDD, do you mean your computer's internal hard disk drive, or an external USB drive?

And from where did you obtain your game files, please?
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 2:26

Spoiler:

I meant that I installed SS to an external usb. As for my game files, I recall downloading them from Moddb. I would post the link, but I can't. It was the installer that has these details.

Location Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : STALKERSOUP :  Files
Filename StalkerSoup_Setup.zip
Category Full Version
Uploader TecnoBacon
Added Oct 4th, 2016
Size 7.19gb (7,722,813,505 bytes)
Downloads 6,209 (3 today)
MD5 Hash 9ce6845fe7d0dc4c1cca2e425b05919d

I think I've made a mess of this, when I tried to install onto my usb inorder to avoid (predicted) problems with my W10 C drive.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 3:37

Alphabet Soup wrote:
Added Oct 4th, 2016
Size 7.19gb (7,722,813,505 bytes)

I think I've made a mess of this, when I tried to install onto my usb inorder to avoid (predicted) problems with my W10 C drive.

You have the correct installation files, but while we've had a few members install the game onto an external USB hard drive before, they were rare, and eventually ran into problems with corrupted cumulative saves

After this the game's Installer was given an alternative 'Custom' installation, instead of the standard 'Default' option, to install a portable version onto an external drive, and which did not include as many registry entries

You could try this, though you'd be the first member here installing with the 'Custom' portable option within a Windows 10 environment

If this works for you then please let us know, but I doubt you'll get the same performance as using an internal SATA drive. Ideally, you should partition your main drive, or add an extra drive
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 9:15

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what exactly I am needed to do. When I try to install SS onto my PC itself, the aforementioned is what is happening.

"Incompatible STALKERSOUP Version ect.."

I can't get the installer to work properly, any idea what I should do? It seems that my STALKERSOUP installer is being viewed as an updated version, I don't understand how that would make it incompatible.

Perhaps my main zipped folder has become corrupted?

EDIT:

It seems that some how remaining files "remembered" that I had installed my SS somewhere and was forcing me not to be able to install my SS on my PC. This problem was resolved once I uninstalled it from my USB Drive (With CC clean up as well). So now, I can actually install the game onto my PC itself.

I will be installing it into my C drive on windows 10, but I don't really have any other option and my game was relatively stable last time around. Hopefully, all will once again be well.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 13:36

It will be fine on C, until it's not. Ask me how I know. I nearly gave up playing SS over the many, many issues that KEPT coming up. And, that's after throwing every IT trick I've learned in 30 years in the industry at it.

Please, for your enjoyment, find another place to install and follow the installation instructions for Windows 10 exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error message and help/support subforum
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next