STALKERSOUP


Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
 
Nokoyou
 
identical123
 
Sword2012
 
Rat Catcher
 
Blind_doge
 
yusufhamdan
 
nemisis1842khann
 
chucksar
 
kaplumbaga
 
Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

pchester

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 
 

 Error message and help/support subforum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pchester
Moderator


Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Wed 2 Aug 2017 - 14:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map

The north western part of Pripyat is probably the most troublesome area in then game for me for location CTDs. Usually I can get around it by choosing a different route (sticking to the east side and slipping through the side gate into the stadium), or sometimes by using lots of quicksave ... creep forward a few steps ... quicksave...

However, if I need to
Spoiler:
 
usually I have to come back later and hope that whatever is causing the SetBoneVisible error has cleared.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran


Posts : 397
Join date : 2017-07-13
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Wed 2 Aug 2017 - 21:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map

The north western part of Pripyat is probably the most troublesome area in then game for me for location CTDs. Usually I can get around it by choosing a different route (sticking to the east side and slipping through the side gate into the stadium), or sometimes by using lots of quicksave ... creep forward a few steps ... quicksave...

However, if I need to
Spoiler:
 
usually I have to come back later and hope that whatever is causing the SetBoneVisible error has cleared.

edit: thanks for your tip, I stayed on the northeast side of the map and was able to pass so I will do that from now on Smile

edit2: also the pripyat transition at generator can't be used because of this problem, so my only way out of that map is the military lab currently....
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 4:53

Thanks again pchester, you are a walking encyclopedia of SS!
More thingys for you!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks again pchester, you are a walking encyclopedia of SS!
More thingys for you!

Thanks for the thingys, aZmoDen, much appreciated (I think Shocked ) I only know these things because I have experienced most of these problems at one time or another, and I enjoy looking for solutions. I am a Stalkersoup addict and as soon as I completed a game I start a new one. One of the benefits (or otherwise) of not having a life... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 6:00

Alright heres another one!
got sent by sak to x-10 (lost scientist exp). Theres a grey circle on teh radar map.
I go into x-10 and comb (we aint found shit!) under every everything, ontop of every everything, and check every single bit of of passable area, and no scientists.
The only thing i found was a backpack on the ground in the brainscorcher control room with a sphere, some other stuff and a document.
However, that didnt do anything, and apon returning to radar, the grey circle is still there.
The guide just says to goto x-10. It is of no help Razz

so, HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPP! (please!)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 11:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
got sent by sak to x-10 (lost scientist exp)

Firstly, have you been to the Wishgranter yet? TB has rearranged some sections of the story and I think you now have to be past the Wishgranter before you can complete this mission.

There are also some spawning issues in 110013, and the missing
Spoiler:
 

When you go back to
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 11:30

Ah once again pchester, you have saved my bacon!
Yes i am past the wishgranter and have done the decoder room and npp2 race for the 'true' ending.
im now basically at the point where:
- i have done the agroprom ambush (ghost) but Yatuk hasnt got the opption to send me to radar to meet ghost.
- i need to go to x-10 for the scientists (lost exp)
- freedom leader wants me to go to wishgranter for teleports or something
-one other thing i cant remember Embarassed

More thingys for you!
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:07

Yeah im stuck now, cant complete the mission to find ghost in the agro underground (ambush) no matter what i do / which exit to take.
after finishing the lost exp (the spoiler you gave me) ghost doesnt appear / yakut doesnt give further instructions to meet ghost at radar.

I wonder why all these problems have hit version 13.

Anyway, im off to see how the infiltrate monolith works!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i have done the
Spoiler:
 

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply. It hasn't appeared (unless I posted it somewhere else!), so I must have 'previewed' and not 'posted'. Silly me.

You can force the Agroprom mission to close with info portion (I will have to start shortening that to ip!)
Spoiler:
 

You really need
Spoiler:
 
so that he can give you the next clue ... which is
Spoiler:
 
and you should hopefully be back on track.

Not sure what Lukash mission you mean.
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 5:23

The lukash mission is the one after the controller brains.; From what i remember him telling me, he wants me to go to the sarcophagus (monolith) and pickup stuff on the floor

Thanks for all your help pchester, bigly,hugely and greatly appreciated Very Happy


... thingys!

*edit* i think by now i might have to start a premium help / support account with you Razz
whats your monthly rate? (in thingys)
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran


Posts : 397
Join date : 2017-07-13
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 6:48

Razz

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 6:55

lol!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 11:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The lukash mission is the one after the controller brains.; From what i remember him telling me, he wants me to go to the sarcophagus (monolith) and pickup stuff on the floor

Hmm, sorry, I'm drawing a blank on that one.
Spoiler:
 
I don't remember Lukash asking for anything inside the Sarcophagus building. Perhaps someone else can jog my memory. scratch

I offer very competitive rates for regular customers... geek
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-06-05
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 12:32

Alrighty, armed with the IP's i found ghost, put the scientific expedition out of its misery and freeman is freely talking!
And the beautiful thing? all the missions now have tasks in the pda to keep track of.
Thanks again pchester!
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 15:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The lukash mission is the one after the controller brains.; From what i remember him telling me, he wants me to go to the sarcophagus (monolith) and pickup stuff on the floor

The reward for getting him the brains is 5 Monolith teleports, and a Stealth Exo, which you pick up near the Wish Granter in the Sarcophagus.

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 16:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The reward for getting him the brains is 5 Monolith teleports, and a Stealth Exo, which you pick up near the Wish Granter in the Sarcophagus.

Ah, interesting, thank you. I must keep missing (or forgetting!) that reward description. I generally pick up the
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced


Posts : 130
Join date : 2017-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 16:31

SS collector. east pripyat
    Has any one encountered a problem in finding the stash in east pripyat, I could not find it until
 I had a argument with mercs and there it was ' by accident ' right by me, whether this is a bug I do
 not no so I thought test the water before worrying TB with it
   
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 23:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
SS collector. east pripyat
    Has any one encountered a problem in finding the stash in east pripyat, I could not find it until
 I had a argument with mercs and there it was ' by accident ' right by me, whether this is a bug I do
 not no so I thought test the water before worrying TB with it
   
Spoiler:
 

It's on his list, in 109961, locations were changed, but location descriptions weren't. For a list of correct locations, see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Hunting, Stalker

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 285
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 1:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's on his list, in 109961, locations were changed, but location descriptions weren't. For a list of correct locations, see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many months back the Dialogue Team was asked not to touch the Collector files, which were an ongoing WIP

But this well-compiled list of errors would be very easy to fix, ready for the next patch

Should we do this? At least until further changes get made later on...
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran


Posts : 397
Join date : 2017-07-13
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 4:47

the stash in east pripyat is almost always at the statue in the northeast for me on every playthrough I done
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 7:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's on his list, in 109961, locations were changed, but location descriptions weren't. For a list of correct locations, see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many months back the Dialogue Team was asked not to touch the Collector files, which were an ongoing WIP

But this well-compiled list of errors would be very easy to fix, ready for the next patch

Should we do this? At least until further changes get made later on...

Hi Sword, when TB and I communicated about this, he asked for the list, and specifically requested that I not edit the files. I agree, it would be easy to edit the files, but there's probably a reason he doesn't want them changed at this point.
(Looks like I missed the E Pripyat one).

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice


Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-09-13
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:30

Re-installed stalkersoup. Get error message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx   check your working folder.


i searched and it is missing. HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Re-installed stalkersoup. Get error message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx   check your working folder.
i searched and it is missing. HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

PM me your email address and I will send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 285
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Re-installed stalkersoup. Get error message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx   check your working folder.

i searched and it is missing. HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

If pchester's advice doesn't work for you, please try the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It'll help you prepare and achieve a perfect installation of the game, but first you'll need to get rid of every trace of the old one, including registry entries...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice


Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-09-13
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 18:54

OK, I uninstalled the program and removed all traces from the registry. To my surprise, my computer was able to restart. WHEW!! Now what.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 285
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 19:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
OK, I uninstalled the program and removed all traces from the registry. To my surprise, my computer was able to restart. WHEW!! Now what.

Use a non-parasitic registry cleaner like CCleaner or Glary Utilities to remove everything StalkerSoup-related, then restart your PC and follow the Installation Help guide. Let us know if you encounter problems along the way, especially if you use Windows 10...

Oh, and be patient. Perfection takes a little longer...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice


Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-09-13
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:01

I used Revo uninstaller. I need the link to the latest GAME version. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I used Revo uninstaller. I need the link to the latest GAME version.  Thanks in advance.

Download links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Installation guide:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Lightning quests   Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 22:24

The further I get in the lightning quests the more frequent the crashes become, It is strange because everything before that was as stable as ever.

I tried to load a game where it had teleported me to x10 from helicopter blade and it crashed on first load since relaunching the game.

Then I sometimes on quickload I get logs with errors I almost never seen before:

0023:094D5AF0 xrGame.dll
0023:00424471 XR_3DA.exe, CInput::KeyUpdate()

[error][ 87] : The parameter is incorrect.

If memory serves, Dead City is going to be crash every 2-3 reloads.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran


Posts : 397
Join date : 2017-07-13
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 0:47

well TB did say that level 0 was around 90% complete, ya might be getting near missions that still need to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 0:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
well TB did say that level 0 was around 90% complete, ya might be getting near missions that still need to be fixed.

I figured, the moment I left hospital for agroprom, quality in translation became less than good and I had 3 quest breaking bugs in just the Lightning story not counting Dead City.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 21:08

Sorry oxe222, I messed up - I tried to edit my reply to you and ended up somehow deleting both your post and mine! Rolling Eyes  

The CTD at the end of DC happened to me as well. I got around it by deleting the problem lines in the indicated function (around line 1100) in the tb3d_dyn_spawn.script file. NB: this needs to be unpacked into \gamedata\scripts\ so you can edit it.  

This is what mine now looks like... (commented-out lines start with --)

MY EDIT:
 
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 4 Nov 2017 - 1:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry oxe222, I messed up - I tried to edit my reply to you and ended up somehow deleting both your post and mine! Rolling Eyes  

The CDT at the end of DC happened to me as well. I got around it by deleting the problem lines in the indicated function (around line 1100) in the tb3d_dyn_spawn.script file. NB: this needs to be unpacked into \gamedata\scripts\ so you can edit it.  

This is what mine now looks like... (commented-out lines start with --)

MY EDIT:
 

No problem and thanks.
One last question though... is there a reason why Yurik's beer quest (no matter how trivial) is not showing up and there is no reference to Lubero's quest during Life heart?

These are things in the past during level 0, but I'd like to know.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 606
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 4 Nov 2017 - 11:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
One last question though... is there a reason why Yurik's beer quest (no matter how trivial) is not showing up and there is no reference to Lubero's quest during Life heart?

These are things in the past during level 0, but I'd like to know.

Sorry, I can't help you there. Yurek has never asked me about beer, and AFAIK Max Lubero isn't involved in the Life Heart quest. My last task from Yurek was to
Spoiler:
 
, now he only says thanks for helping him out. For Max, after
Spoiler:
 
I only get the option to ask him about the area.

Some minor tasks only appear after doing other things or going back to an NPC at the right time, so it is always possible that I have never done whatever triggers them.
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 4 Nov 2017 - 12:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Sorry, I can't help you there. Yurek has never asked me about beer, and AFAIK Max Lubero isn't involved in the Life Heart quest. My last task from Yurek was to
Spoiler:
 
, now he only says thanks for helping him out. For Max, after
Spoiler:
 
I only get the option to ask him about the area.

Some minor tasks only appear after doing other things or going back to an NPC at the right time, so it is always possible that I have never done whatever triggers them.

Nevermind about Yurik, I think it is that stalker in the bar that gives you quest to find beer I don't get the dialogue.

Lubero is not directly involved in life heart quest, but pripyat doc used to mention him for one of the ruby recipies, I tried to talk to him throughout the NS Story even after life heart was done.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Sat 4 Nov 2017 - 14:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nevermind about Yurik, I think it is that stalker in the bar that gives you quest to find beer I don't get the dialogue.

Lubero is not directly involved in life heart quest, but pripyat doc used to mention him for one of the ruby recipies, I tried to talk to him throughout the NS Story even after life heart was done.

I vaguely remember the beer task, but I think it was for Dan in the Swamps. I have a very old list of NS spawn items that contains "oceanic915 = beer for Dan". Used to spawn in Cordon. But I haven't seen that quest in a very long time. TB has been cleaning up and re-ordering quests to try to avoid the out-of-order problems so common in NS-DMX mods.

The only things i remember about Max Lubero is saving him in DV, the PDA, and Doc's dog. Lots of changes in Stalkersoup over the years.

_________________________________________________
One shot, one kill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   

Back to top Go down
 
Error message and help/support subforum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» PlugY, The Survival Kit extended save error message
» Message from GI
» Error message when gifting
» Error Message
» Species: Artificial Life

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: