STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Controllers brain
by WhiteWolf Today at 15:09

» Storage for MO. Just an idea...
by WhiteWolf Today at 4:41

» Kostya immobile...
by WhiteWolf Today at 3:47

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by Wolf Urine Yesterday at 17:40

» Suslov's ingredients for the Soul Cube
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:16

» CTD when going to Rostok after delivering documents from X-18 to Akim.
by sjohnson Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 18:55

» Update SS problem
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 15:37

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, Green Smoke...
by WhiteWolf Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 13:40

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

nemisis1842khann

pchester

sjohnson

Nokoyou

Chef-70

sf67n20

Wolf Urine

Sword2012

Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is KissMyDupa

Our users have posted a total of 5194 messages in 573 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadHoek
Zombie

PostSubject: Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout   Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 14:15

Greetings Stalkers,
this alternate and straightened out 16:9 inventory layout was inspired by "Leandro's Widescreen UI".
It is quite different than the one mentioned above, therefore "inspired" and not "adapted".
I, more or less, created this from scratch.
The background is a bit cheesy but I'm ok with it ...I hope you are too. Very Happy

There is one limitation compared to the original SS-inventory.
I reduced the grid-size of the pistol/sidearm-slot to 2x5, because I think a sidearm should be smaller than a rifle.

Feedback, positive as well as negative, is more than welcome.

Known Issues:
As I wasn't able to spawn a helmet wich goes into the additional helmet-slot, I had to place it "blindly".
Most likely the helmet-slot won't be in exact position. Let me know.
Or even better, tell me how to spawn such a helmet.

Screenshot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Download:
not available till approval

Edit:
For those who are interested in this alternate inventory layout.
You have to understand that an alternate version of the inventory got absolute no priority for the development of the game.
Also, I only PM'ed Tecnobacon about this ...I may should tell him by e-mail.
I will do in a few days as I'm currently working on something even more important I want to inform him about. Very Happy
But seriously it  is quite usefull and will enhance the joy of playing SS in my opinion.
Meanwhile I made the alternate inventory a .db version for easy install/uninstall.
If someone is capable of telling me how to spawn an item that goes in the helmet slot, I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers and good hunting stalkers

Last edited by MadHoek on Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 13:29; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout   Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 16:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Greetings Stalkers, this alternate and straightened out 16:9 inventory layout was inspired by "Leandro's Widescreen UI".
It is quite different than the one mentioned above, therefore "inspired" and not "adapted".
I, more or less, created this from scratch.
The background is a bit cheesy but I'm ok with it ...I hope you are too. Very Happy

There is one limitation compared to the original SS-inventory.
I reduced the grid-size of the pistol/sidearm-slot to 2x5, because I think a sidearm should be smaller than a rifle.

Feedback, positive as well as negative, is more than welcome

Hi MadHoek

I'm not claiming any knowledge of programming, but I do know that StalkerSoup is an extremely finely-tuned compilation of mods from many disparate sources, and which is still ongoing after several years

As such, adding mods to it is a very delicate process that needs to be approved by TB in case it interferes with the programming elsewhere in the game - as has happened with many other non-approved mods in the past

May I suggest that, instead of posting your lovely-looking mod here, you send it to TB first for appraisal? This is to avoid anyone using it and then possibly finding non-standard bugs in their game that will just waste TB and Aleks' time in trying to fix. Especially as they're still working on the Inventory interface...

This is why there are there NO mods available for Stalkersoup at the moment

But if your work is good, and consistent with TB's aim for the game, then you may be invited to join the development team Smile
Back to top Go down
MadHoek
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout   Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 17:03

Hi MadHoek

I'm not claiming any knowledge of programming, but I do know that StalkerSoup is an extremely finely-tuned compilation of mods from many disparate sources, and which is still ongoing after several years

As such, adding mods to it is a very delicate process that needs to be approved by TB in case it interferes with the programming elsewhere in the game - as has happened with many other non-approved mods in the past

May I suggest that, instead of posting your lovely-looking mod here, you send it to TB first for appraisal? This is to avoid anyone using it and then possibly finding non-standard bugs in their game that will just waste TB and Aleks' time in trying to fix. Especially as they're still working on the Inventory interface...

This is why there are there NO mods available for Stalkersoup at the moment

But if your work is good, and consistent with TB's aim for the game, then you may be invited to join the development team Smile

I get your point. Did as suggested.
Don't think I'm the right person to be part of the development team, I'm more like a laborer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout   Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 17:08

Don't think I'm the right person to be part of the development team, I'm more like a laborer. Very Happy

Aren't we all, especially the Beta testers? It's what gets the job done...

But is it not a labor of love? I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout   

Back to top Go down

Alternate 16:9 Widescreen Inventory Layout
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: