STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Controllers brain
by WhiteWolf Today at 15:09

» Storage for MO. Just an idea...
by WhiteWolf Today at 4:41

» Kostya immobile...
by WhiteWolf Today at 3:47

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by Wolf Urine Yesterday at 17:40

» Suslov's ingredients for the Soul Cube
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:16

» CTD when going to Rostok after delivering documents from X-18 to Akim.
by sjohnson Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 18:55

» Update SS problem
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 15:37

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, Green Smoke...
by WhiteWolf Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 13:40

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

nemisis1842khann

pchester

sjohnson

Nokoyou

Chef-70

sf67n20

Wolf Urine

Sword2012

Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is KissMyDupa

Our users have posted a total of 5194 messages in 573 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Need help with StalkerSOUP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lok899
Zombie

PostSubject: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 12:53

Hi. I recently downloaded Stalker soup to play it instead of narodnaya solyanka but my FPS are lower than i had in for example narodnaya solyanka and other mods. I maintaned stable 60 FPS on max settings in narodnaya solyanka but i only get about 30 in stalker soup (i also tried lowering settings but that didnt helped me much). Also for some reason the game crashes when i try to run it with directx 11 SweetFX but directx 11 without sweetFX runs ok but still low FPS. Stalker soup is patched to the latest version and the game is on 1.0006

My Hardware: CPU: FX 6300 3.8GHz (OC)
GPU: GTX 1050 2GB
RAM: 8 GB
the game with stalker soup is on a HDD
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 15:07

I'd need more info.  30fps is the max everywhere or only certain portions of maps?

What screen resolution are you using?

I'm using a less powerful video card (GF GTX 960) but with more RAM (4 gbyte), 16 Gbyte main RAM and an FX 8300 @ 4.0 Ghz OC and my fps varies normally from about 25 to 120 fps depending on the map and my position in each map.

The SS cores on my FX 8300 are regularly max'd out.  SS is CPU-intensive.  However, your 3.8 Ghz cores should be fine for more than 30 fps in normal play. (There are areas where my fps drops to 1 or less, such as the Merc/Panther fight in WarLabs, but that's abnormal).

I'm only rarely getting into the second 8 Gbyte of my 16 Gbyte system memory, and not due to SS.

I'm tending to think you may have an installation issue.  Did you install SS as a stand-alone or as a mod to SoC?  SS MUST be installed as a stand-alone and without other mods in order to troubleshoot low fps.  You can try installing other mods after SS is running well, but do so with caution as SS is so big that unforeseen consequences can happen otherwise.  Having Freeman in the game does not help with unforeseen consequences Wink

When you say SS is on a HDD, what HDD?  If running Win 10 it's advisable to use a separate physical HDD for SS;  barring that, a separate partition on an existing drive is essential.

(Edited while Sword was posting, please start with his suggestion, below!)

Last edited by sjohnson on Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 15:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 15:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi. I recently downloaded Stalker soup to play it instead of narodnaya solyanka but my FPS are lower than i had in for example narodnaya solyanka and other mods. I maintaned stable 60 FPS on max settings in narodnaya solyanka but i only get about 30 in stalker soup (i also tried lowering settings but that didnt helped me much). Also for some reason the game crashes when i try to run it with directx 11 SweetFX but directx 11 without sweetFX runs ok but still low FPS. Stalker soup is patched to the latest version and the game is on 1.0006

Further to sjohnson's suggestion, if your game is patched to the latest version you should not be able to run SweetFX, which StalkerSoup recently discontinued

May I suggest you uninstall the game totally, follow the step by step installation instructions here and let us know how it goes for you?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lok899
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 18:49

Previous post:

I was in cordon where i had low fps i havent got any further cause the game wasnt playable for me it didnt matter where i looked. Im playing with my native screen resolution wich is 1920x1080 Yes i installed stalker soup as a standalone mod and i uninstalled any mods i had installed in the normal game. SS is on my second drive which is a 7200 RPM seagate barracuda 1TB and OS which is Windows 10 is on my main drive which is a SSD. I will try to complete delete the game and install the mod again. Ill have to download the mod again cause i deleted the files after i installed everything. I suppose that the official download for SS is on stalkersoup.com if im right.BTW thank for helping me out guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:03

I suppose that the official download for SS is on stalkersoup.com if im right

NO! Absolutely NOT on stalkersoup.com! That's an unofficial and obsolete site

The proper place is shown in the Installation Help guide
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
lok899
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:19

Ok thanks i searched few days back what was the official site and saw a stalkersoup.com so i was a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:45

Ok thanks i searched few days back what was the official site and   saw a stalkersoup.com so i was a bit confused.
rong door lol, sorry affraid
Back to top Go down
lok899
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:33

Ok got it working now. I downloaded from the MEGA link updated SS to the latest version lowered grass density in settings a bit and it works great now. The problem was probably the very old version i downloaded from stalkersoup.com which was like 1.0.9.9.9 Thanks for help guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 23:04

I have a problem now, and would be grateful for help please...

I'm following two quest lines, although the only item in my unfinished quests is to find Brome's rifle in the Dead City, where I've not yet been

I met Panther in Warlab, helped her clear it out, and she said we'd meet again. I received an SMS saying that she was on her way to the Bar, but AFAIK she never made it there

I gave the signet ring back to Lukash, who asked me to find Vitamin to secure Warlab, but I can't find him. He's not near the AW/Radar transition, nor anywhere I've gone in Radar, nor at Warlab, so I'm at a dead end on that quest

I also worked with Fang. I recovered his docs from the Red Forest, helped the guys at the bridge, and helped him find Dennis. Now he's asked me to find Pilgrim at Pripyat, but after giving the map copy to Astrologer I got an SMS to go to Limansk to meet the Black Doctor. Plesskyn's Walkthrough says that it's his representative I'm to meet at the Limansk/Hospital transition, but there's nobody there. I've already helped Borman to replace the signal jammer, and I've cleared the teleport with Sviblov's help

If I pass through to the Hospital, Cat's waiting for me with his guys, and there's a short firefight with Mercs. If I explore there a bit I can find the Black Doctor, but he starts talking about Maples, who I've not yet met

So I'm confused, and don't know where to go next. Yet I'm not reading about anyone else with these issues... No
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 23:13

You won't meet Panther again for a while, so going right to Bar is fruitless.  IIRC you will be notified regarding your next meeting with her.

You meet Vitamin by accepting a job from Lukash.  He then spawns right behind you as you stand in front of Lukash (I didn't find him for a while on my first play-through as I never thought to look behind me).  If he's not there, it sounds like a bug and I'd start by replaying starting with my transition spawn in AW.

I'll defer the Black Doc issue to pchester or others as, while it seems you missed a trigger, I don't remember the event sequence to be followed in meeting with the ?good? Doctor...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 0:47

You meet Vitamin by accepting a job from Lukash.  He then spawns right behind you as you stand in front of Lukash (I didn't find him for a while on my first play-through as I never thought to look behind me)

Well, blow me! So he is, still waiting for me...

Thank you so much! I don't know how I missed him... Embarassed

EDIT: Dialogues that said he was waiting at Radar have been modified, so that no one makes that daft mistake again... santa
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 2:05

I'm not that kind of guy, we hardly know each other! Maybe you and Vitamin can reach some kind of arrangement clown I love you
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 4:14

I'm not that kind of guy, we hardly know each other!  Maybe you and Vitamin can reach some kind of arrangement clown I love you

My apologies. It only occurred to me later that the archaic English expression of "Blow me!" as in "You could have blown me down with a feather!" might have quite a different meaning in the States... affraid Very Happy

But while we're on the subject, I'm patiently waiting for Vitamin outside the transition from Radar to Warlab, with four of his men...

How long am I supposed to wait? I've tried going into Warlab, but they don't follow me, and there's nothing of interest in there anyway... Neutral

EDIT: Don't worry. I discovered you have to go back to Vitamin to pick up him and his men. Another change to Dialogues required... geek

Last edited by Sword2012 on Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 4:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 4:51

Yes, but you must forgive me for taking advantage of a language held in common by people separated by a mere pond...

Since 16,8 I find the Vitamin mission to be buggy.  In my case, only Vitamin and I spawn in WarLabs.  Of course, in our case the two of us must defeat around 20 or so rabid dogs.  For me, prior to 16,8 Vitamin's entire squad enters WarLabs to assist in putting down the canine infection.

The buggy nature of the mission affects MO beyond the mission in my 16,8 game.  In short, without harming a hair on any Freedom head MO goes from friend to the mortal enemy of most Freedom as soon as the mission completes.  Vitamin quickly turns from friend to neutral and all Freedom on base hate me;  although those outside of the base don't seem to care.  Again, this behavior was not present for me, prior to 16,8.

Unfortunately, I have no answer.  Perhaps pchester or even Aleks/TB can shed some light on the mission progress.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 5:15

BTW, speaking of language differences.  We also have weather differences. If any Yanks complain to you regarding island weather, show them this picture taken from my front door in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on 14/4/2018 at 20:00 local time.  The white specs you can see are from the last throws of an 18 hour blizzard and the haze in the picture is due to the remnants of a heavy fog. Smile

South Dakota - where April showers bring snow plowers lol!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 12:15

If I pass through to the Hospital, Cat's waiting for me with his guys, and there's a short firefight with Mercs. If I explore there a bit I can find the Black Doctor, but he starts talking about Maples, who I've not yet met

After talking to Vitamin in Warlab, the teleporter blocking the secret area is disabled. Climb the ladder in the right-hand lift shaft. When you reach the "brain room", Maples should be in the room upstairs. (He isn't always there when MO arrives, so you may need to wait for him and his assistant to appear.) Help Maples with a couple of tasks
Spoiler:

The Black Doctor's dialogue should then make more sense.

Incidentally, As far as I can see only Vitamin is important out of his squad. The others may follow you, or they may choose to chase the rats around the Radar entrance, but as long as Vitamin follows you the mission should succeed.

When Vitamin (and as many of his men as decided to follow) stops
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with StalkerSOUP   

Back to top Go down

Need help with StalkerSOUP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: