STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New Website - Heavy under construction!
by Alphabet Soup Today at 1:34

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by zone Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 23:56

» UPDATE 110017
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 21:02

» Error message and help/support subforum
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 18:17

» Backpack bursting. Shoddy goods?
by kd6dm Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 14:51

» Sakharov's bag at NPP
by vf14 Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 6:57

» Too easy game - make harder
by sjohnson Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 0:45

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Warezz.K Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:13

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TecnoBacon

vf14

sjohnson

Alphabet Soup

Warezz.K

TomaszTheOctopus

pchester

Gery D.

zone

Anax Atreides

Statistics
We have 522 registered users
The newest registered user is CapitN_KANG

Our users have posted a total of 6050 messages in 686 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

My dead ends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 5:28

1. Can't find Baldy's traitor

2. Can't find the case of documents for Kuznetsov. I have 29 bottles of vodka and Sralamazalynsky and I had a conversation, which made little sense to me. He and his team are drunk, but I have no location for the document case.

3. Find someone who knows of the missing team. I see a gray circle in Rostok where Gray is to be, but he's not there. I do recall having a firefight awhile back and I hope I did not kill him. These are the only quest I have left and i still have not progressed to any NEW transitions. This is my 4th or 5th play through. I've gone as far as NPP1 and 2.

I've added all my various Stalkers games play time and my total hours are over 28,000. I'm 74 year of age and this game is on my bucket list. I feel if I can get just one more transition, It would be a major breakthrough.

Last edited by Rat Catcher on Sat 26 May 2018 - 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 5:57

1.  Forgot where [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] traitor can be found.

2.  The docs for Kuznetzov are on the ground, next to a tree, in a high radiation area just past the military camp where you got the soldiers drunk - before you get to the Agroprom boundary to the West of the camp.

3.  I also don't recall any gray mission.

As far as I know, the first thing to do after the final NPP2 tlelport is to find Doc's diary (basement of the Prypiat Monolith HQ).  Things should develop from there.

#'s 1 and 3 will need to pend from someone else.  I'm just a bit out of the SS loop ATM.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 10:13

I think Baldy's traitor is called Smartass, and he should be walking around the main Rostok area. He was there in my last game, but I have seen reports that he doesn't appear. Possibly he gets killed by one of the mutants or bandits that sometimes find their way into the area, and his body despawns. If you can't find him, you can cancel the task by returning to Bald and refusing to do it.

When the soldiers are drunk, Kuznetsov tells you to
Spoiler:

Gray should appear after you do the
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 10:47

What pchester is right that getting the doc box by the tree but the box was not there
the first time I looked but a q save and load made it appear, there was a problem when I
I got the doc box in the main building, I found a problem that you have to thin the number
of military out, other wise when you go for the box for the bridge captain they are
wondering about even at night, goodness no's how they see you in the dark though.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 20:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

As far as I know, the first thing to do after the final NPP2 tlelport is to find Doc's diary (basement of the Prypiat Monolith HQ).  Things should develop from there.

I think that door is locked now and it appears there is a NPC in that room. I could not find the a way into that room. How do I get Doc to ask for his diary and how do I get into the Monolith control room?
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sat 26 May 2018 - 21:02

When you go through the final teleport in NPP2 (the one on the roof of the refinery complex, where 6 or 8 Monolith spawn), you will need to make your way to Prypiat. Doc's doc is in the basement of the Monolith HQ in Prypiat.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 0:06

The basement of the Monolith HQ in Prypiat.... is that the theater building where the Monolith were praying to a tower of junk/antenna? I went to that basement, but did not find any documents. Also, the Doctor did not ask for them and the game doesn't tell when I enter Pripyat. When I completed the NPP2 gauntlet, it went to a cut scene followed by me ending up in a roof of the Cordon village.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 2:18

"Doc" as I'm referencing him doesn't appear until after you "find" his diary. Yes, that basement. In my games the book is on a table, placing it into inventory spawns Doc in Prypiat, on the stairs leading to the basement.

If you're not getting that scenario, it explains why you feel that your game has stalled. It has. Try re-entering Prypiat, save/restore, etc. If it still doesn't resolve, perhaps someone like pchester knows the info portion to spawn it, I can't find it in my notes.

Luck!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 10:12

Doc's book is sak_book4. As sjohnson says, when you return from the NPP2 'gauntlet' it should be on a table in the basement room below the Monolith "church".

pics:

If the book isn't there, you can spawn it as item sak_book4. For some reason this is in the Cordon section of the ESC+S Items menu. Alternatively you can use the ESC+F4 menu and enter sak_book4,1. ESC+S items spawn in your backpack, ESC+F4 spawns on the floor near you. Either way, Doc should then appear on the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 16:08

I am so, so sorry. I confess that I DID find the diary awhile back and found the Heart recipe quest. With so many play through's, us old folks are easily confused. I also found Doc's dog. I made it out of the Labyrinth and completed the document case on the ground in Agroprom for the military guy at the Cordon bridge.

What I never mentioned is that I accidentally spawned a Psi-helmet in my inventory, way back early in the game. I never saw it until I noticed I had 2 of them. The game does not allow you to drop it, so I continued playing with 2. Then I remembered Sakharov wanted to upgrade my helmet and removed one from my inventory, leaving my with the unupgraded psi-helmet. He never gave back the upgraded helmet. Could this be my problem? If I were able to 'drop' the extra helmet, will Sakharov give me the upgraded helmet and open new transitions?
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 17:05

I'm not sure where your game lies, so ask do you have Plysskyn's walkthrough?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The walkthrough is becoming dated, but I often use it as a general guide as to where-in-the-game I sit.

It's a tough "read" but the guidelines can be invaluable. I sometimes use PDF search to locate the last task I've completed and work around from there.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 18:05

I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. By walkthrough, what I really meant was to start over. I never used the walkthroughs. I hope my problem isn not with the 2 Psy helmets that I have. Sakharov wanted to upgrade my helmet and then he took one of them away. But he never gave me the upgraded helmet. Maybe that's where my problem lays. I will take you advice and check out the walkthroughs, but I really do not wish to restart this game all over again. As much as I love it.

Other than that, my problem is the NPP 1, in the monolith room. I can't get access through that door and there is a person or monolith in that room.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 19:31

I don't think having the extra Psi helmet would affect your game. The important one is the Calibrated Psi Helmet that you got from Sakharov way back when you first entered X-16. If you have reached the NPP, you are obviously well past that point.

I am not sure where you are in the game. Have you met LeHavre yet? If you have completed his section, your next move might be to return to the Miner and ask about the safe. There is also the "find Ghost" story line. How far have you got with that?

By Monolith room, I assume that you mean the room where you spoke to the O-Consciousness hologram. After you talk to O-C and enter NPP2, the doors to that room are locked until later in the game. If you need to get to NPP2 you will need to find another way. The reward for Lukash's Controller Brains mission will help there.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Sun 27 May 2018 - 23:39

I had two psi helmets for a while - one from Sakharov from the early game and one through a "Dan" exercise that I eventually gave up to someone (IIRC). Having two didn't affect any play that I could notice.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Novice

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Mon 28 May 2018 - 0:08

yes,the O-Consciousness hologram was the rm.

I checked the guide and just spoke to Firma Coal and he mentioned a Reconn Territory transition and a Yanta - Labyrinth transition. I freed him, but when I first returned to the cave, he wasn't there yet. I hope I can find those 2 items for Adrenalin. A new transition....Oh Boy, Oh Joy!!! Thanks everyone!!
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   Mon 28 May 2018 - 9:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
yes,the O-Consciousness hologram was the rm.

I checked the guide and just spoke to Firma Coal and he mentioned a Reconn Territory transition and a Yanta - Labyrinth transition. I freed him, but when I first returned to the cave, he wasn't there yet. I hope I can find those 2 items for Adrenalin. A new transition....Oh Boy, Oh Joy!!! Thanks everyone!!

As you have hopefully found out by now, Fima appears in the cave after you talk to the Miner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dead ends   

Back to top Go down

My dead ends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: