STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New Website - Heavy under construction!
by Alphabet Soup Today at 1:34

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by zone Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 23:56

» UPDATE 110017
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 21:02

» Error message and help/support subforum
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 18:17

» Backpack bursting. Shoddy goods?
by kd6dm Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 14:51

» Sakharov's bag at NPP
by vf14 Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 6:57

» Too easy game - make harder
by sjohnson Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 0:45

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Warezz.K Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:13

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TecnoBacon

vf14

sjohnson

Alphabet Soup

Warezz.K

TomaszTheOctopus

pchester

Gery D.

zone

Anax Atreides

Statistics
We have 522 registered users
The newest registered user is CapitN_KANG

Our users have posted a total of 6050 messages in 686 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Too easy game - make harder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warezz.K
Novice

PostSubject: Too easy game - make harder   Sat 9 Jun 2018 - 21:00

Why the game is too easy? You can almost kill everything only with PM, weapons have too high damage and accuracy, easy money, looting very high ammo, prices are very low, harder mutants have very low toughness etc. That's not fun. No challenges like in misery mod. This is like walking through pink orchard. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
Alphabet Soup
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Sun 10 Jun 2018 - 4:48

I imagine you are playing "Marked One" difficulty. If you aren't, well, you've found your problem.

I could go more indepth, but I'll be brief. To my knowledge the developers of SS are going for a more realistic combat. I prefer this over bulletsponge npc mods, I can't see how anyone enjoys having to use 3 magazines on a bloodsucker or has to throw F1 frag grenades at boars. It just doesn't make sense and provides an imbalanced npc.

I haven't taken the time to muse over what could enhance this mod much further, when it comes to balance changes. But I do admit that the ammunition loot is plentiful (of at least the inferior AK variants, I haven't made it far in this game) and it wouldn't harm the mod if it was toned down slghtly.

I'm not sure what you would make of the agroprom army base, because that was intense for me (unless you cheated it and hid in one of the barracks). Those reinforcements that come, BEFORE you even take the documents were quite deadly. If anything, I have found that the AI can be a bit too accurate in some cases, this could just be a perk of the military, but it can be annoying getting killed through a keyhole or a crevice. Overall, I'm still enjoying what I have been able to play of the mod.

I have been actually considering doing an indepth review of this mod as I play through it.
Back to top Go down
zone
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Sun 10 Jun 2018 - 10:48

Yeah, Agroprom by itself is one of the more intense battles. On MO difficulty you can end up easily killing close to a couple platoons, or if you're really unfortunate with the a-life, almost a company's worth of soldiers. It is not a joke trying to take on that many enemies in a straight fight, you'll certainly end up being gunned down rapidly if they spot you.
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Sun 10 Jun 2018 - 13:10

Spoiler:

I felt completely overwhelmed once more platoons start spawning. The pressure forces you to actually push hard to move through to areas away from them within the firefight. Even your positioning is vital for at least working on picking off 1-2 soldiers before fleeing once again. It gets particularly tight if you are forced into the main building and boxed inside, even more so if you get boxed in at the bottom floor.

After the engagement, it actually gave me a satisfying rush. It reminds me of that moment when I began to get hooked on STALKER. The pressure, the vulnerability and the rewarding result of being quick-witted under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 23:50

I'm taking back my words.. Agroprom military base? It's a hell. Is there way how to get inside base without fight? taking docs for barman is pretty hard Smile I think there will be many saving and loadings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
Alphabet Soup
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 15:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm taking back my words.. Agroprom military base? It's a hell. Is there way how to get inside base without fight? taking docs for barman is pretty hard Smile I think there will be many saving and loadings Very Happy

I imagine your only real alternative is to approach the base at night and sneak in. You are likely to still end up getting into a firefight inside the building, but atleast you wont be stuck outside and get inevitably surrounded.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:16

the way it was meant to go is to hide in the bushes until 3 soldiers have passed you toward the far gate. You then crouch and sneak to the barracks and go between them but stay away from the one closest to the entrance as there is a soldier sleeping that may hear you. Go behind the headquarters and jump into the window and sneak up behind the first soldier there and take him out with a silenced pistol. Then you can sneak up the stairs near him and get the soldiers guarding the level that the documents are on by sneaking up behind them. There is a soldier near the documents that will set off the alarm no matter what so take him down and grab the docs. head to the roof and take out the majority of soldiers dropped on the adjacent roof with grenades and then either go to the ladder and get zapped to a room where you get shot at almost immediately or head back down the stairs and out the way you came but head for the hole in the fence to the left watching out for the sniper. You need to keep going after you leave the base or they will follow you.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 0:45

I must be a mean bastach. They ALL go home in a pine box when I get there. I even stage a backpack near where the traveling trader appears to sell off the swag since it's too much to carry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too easy game - make harder   

Back to top Go down

Too easy game - make harder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: