STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My dead ends
by sjohnson Today at 16:39

» Pripyat. Meet the loners
by sjohnson Today at 4:36

» Collector: 1st Agroprom stash location
by PhilH231 Yesterday at 14:06

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by zone Yesterday at 12:56

» Kostya's x18 stash
by sjohnson Yesterday at 12:56

» Sidorovich mission Military suit
by Chef-70 Yesterday at 9:14

» Screw and Spanners
by meadle Yesterday at 8:54

» Suits for Akim (Spoilers!)
by nemisis1842khann Yesterday at 3:53

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

sjohnson

nemisis1842khann

meadle

Rat Catcher

joy division

PhilH231

shipss45

Sword2012

TecnoBacon

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5771 messages in 658 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

sjohnson

Most users ever online was 26 on Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 22:10

Share | 

Looting/obtaining body armor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aubreie50
Zombie

PostSubject: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 4:09

how to loot body armor from corpses
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 4:12

its very rare, most of the time I never see it in thier inventory, sometimes you can buy it off stalkers walking around too, I got my Duty Exo suit very early in game from the duty checkpoint in garbage, or Voronin the duty leader sometimes has one.

Last edited by _Nite_ on Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
velex92
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 9:44

Its aleatory and rare to happend, but some times can get armors to NPC.
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 10:30

Again, a balancing question with its pros and more cons - should the player be able to easily obtain some expensive piece of equipment especially early on in the game (later, that's not that important). In any case, even if he's able to randomly obtain something expensive, that random equipment should be in poor shape. That way, even if he's lucky to loot i.e. a bandit exo (like I was in one play-through way back) early on, he should do a lot  of repairing to finally have a "decent one". Kinda a sub-quest in its own right.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 16:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Again, a balancing question with its pros and more cons - should the player be able to easily obtain some expensive piece of equipment especially early on in the game (later, that's not that important). In any case, even if he's able to randomly obtain something expensive, that random equipment should be in poor shape. That way, even if he's lucky to loot i.e. a bandit exo (like I was in one play-through way back) early on, he should do a lot  of repairing to finally have a "decent one". Kinda a sub-quest in its own right.

where did you find the bandit exo? I looked all over for that to complete that suit collecting mission for the guy in north cordon and I gave up and just used the spawn menu.

same problem with the merc research suit for clear sky, couldn't find it
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 16:43

I found a bandit exo in a cache in army warehouses in the north of the map.
The cache coordinates were part of a reward for a mission there.
Sorry don´t remember what mission.
Back to top Go down
Toony
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 16:50

Found this in the pages of old stalker forum:

sahafiec
08-06-2014, 06:20 AM
@fender122 & COTLOD

beeing friendly to the bandits in Dark Valley and doing all quests for Borov leads to a reward -> a chest coordinates he gives you. there in is a Bandit Exo Suit, that seems to be the easiest way to get one.
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 17:00

where did you find the bandit exo? I looked all over for that to complete that suit collecting mission for the guy in north cordon and I gave up and just used the spawn menu.

same problem with the merc research suit for clear sky, couldn't find it
As Toony has said, there is one that could be obtained by a quest, or by drinking with stalkers, I also forgot, the cache(you'll notice the green marker) is near that crashed chopper at AW, uphill near the fence.

As for the random one, I looted one, once, long time ago from one of the bandits at the garbage, that spawned during the quest in which you need to find the pda (that wounded bandit near duty checkpoint) . I think it's changed by now. In at least last 3-4 patches, I tried but never got any...

While we are at it, exos should be rare, maybe even obtainable only after i.e Wish granter quest finish...
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 17:03

Found this in the pages of old stalker forum:

sahafiec
08-06-2014, 06:20 AM
@fender122 & COTLOD

beeing friendly to the bandits in Dark Valley and doing all quests for Borov leads to a reward -> a chest coordinates he gives you. there in is a Bandit Exo Suit, that seems to be the easiest way to get one.
Hm... I lot has been changed since then, but that very well could be that cache at AW.

In any case, there is one. Just enough to complete a few of them for another quest;)
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 17:11

ahh yea I forgot about the green caches that happen randomly when looting and completeing missions, I didn't keep up on checking those
Back to top Go down
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 23:52

I offered a suggestion once that armour could be looted from bodies. I suggested the condition should be determined by how much you shot the NPC before he was killed. this never manifested into anything though, and I don't think TB was interested in the idea.

the problem is that the aromour is expensive, but acheivable. A good armour is one of the things I try to buy first.

Hpwever, there is a flip side of this coin. Most of the really good weapons are not available untill too late in the game. the gauss gun for example is almost never dropped even after you get to the NPP.

you play most of the original storyline with the AK, or some other weapon similar to the AK.
the reasons usually being the lack of NATO ammo in the game.

Also the AK 7.62 ammo is almost impossible to find. Even in the original games.

I liked what COC Call of Chernobal did. they provided a good mix of lootable weapons and ammo. it meant you could actually use your weapons of choice and not run out of ammo too easily.

Even if you did run out of ammo, you could sell the other types of ammo to buy up the ammo of your choice. as for balance, this worked really well.

Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 1:36

The best place to get the Gauss Gun is pripyat, If your lucky it will fall off the building to where you can still reach it after killing the sniper and still in good condition

also if you want a better chance of good weapons spawning early in stalkersoup the advance menu has a option to change that, instead of using classic loot it will randomize it.
Back to top Go down
Borov
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 3:32

You can obtain one two or three duty exo's in version 1.0006 while fighting against the mercs in Wild Territory. I think they will, just loot it
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 6:33

I offered a suggestion once that armour could be looted from bodies. I suggested the condition should be determined by how much you shot the NPC  before he was killed. this never manifested into anything though, and I don't think TB was interested in the idea.

the problem is that the aromour is expensive, but acheivable. A good armour is one of the things I try to buy first.

Hpwever, there is a flip side of this coin. Most of the really good weapons are not available untill too late in the game. the gauss gun for example is almost never dropped even after you get to the NPP.

you play most of the original storyline with the AK, or some other weapon similar to the AK.
the reasons usually being the lack of NATO ammo in the game.

Also the AK 7.62 ammo is almost impossible to find. Even in the original games.

I liked what COC Call of Chernobal did. they provided a good mix of lootable weapons and ammo. it meant you could actually use your weapons of choice and not run out of ammo too easily.

Even if you did run out of ammo, you could sell the other types of ammo to buy up the ammo of your choice. as for balance, this worked really well.

Yeah, I'm aware this is not a priority gameplay-wise, although I think it should be. Balancing is one of the most important aspect of the game.  And I agree with you regarding armor condition. Consequently,  I think that any gun already in use by bandits, loners or even merc or others shouldn't be in a 100% good state. Actually they all should be under 50% at best, rarely higher. Same goes with Traders. 100% good guns should be acquired only in a rare occasions.

Again, I'm pointing out what I have already mentioned a couple of times: the main theme of this game is scarcity (at least it was), radiation/contamination and deadliness of being in the Zone. But, scarcity and radiation first and foremost.

As things are right now, once you acquire a decent shotgun, which you can as early as Cordon, you are good to go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
da_raabi
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 6:51

Its funny because, before playing stalkersoup, I played the current DMX mod from ModDB for a while. Most of the suggestions here were included in that mod. I would find armor fairly regularly, and in very poor condition. I had to use repair kits a LOT. I even found a junk SCAT-10 in the Agroprom.

Not sure where I was going with that, but I thought it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 18:16

Its funny because, before playing stalkersoup, I played the current DMX mod from ModDB for a while. Most of the suggestions here were included in that mod. I would find armor fairly regularly, and in very poor condition. I had to use repair kits a LOT. I even found a junk SCAT-10 in the Agroprom.

Not sure where I was going with that, but I thought it was interesting.

The monolith exo suit is what I love to use, it doesn't require near as much repair material so it will make your repair kits last longer

I had the duty exo suit before and it burned thriough the repair kits way too fast
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 13:17

Kinda like da_rabbi, you will sometimes luck into exos. I remember a Collector playthrough where I ended up with a Duty exo and about $100,000 ru in equipment the first time I was in Garbage.

Mercs attacked duty as I first approached their post. All the Mercs ended up dead and all but 3 Dutiers the same. I looted .50 Barrets, a Duty exo from a Dutier, and lots of other equipment. This after less than 30 minutes of gameplay.

It WAS a very tough fight as I was out in the open when they spawned, with RPGs wielded by the Mercs killing me 6-7 times before I finally made it to cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looting/obtaining body armor   

Back to top Go down

Looting/obtaining body armor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: