StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 May 2024 - 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_vote_lcapHow necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_voting_barHow necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_vote_lcapHow necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_voting_barHow necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
pchester
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobo_sauce
Novice

How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Empty
PostSubject: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:54

Hey guys so I'm loving this game so far. I have finished fangs killer quest line, started find ghost, started black doctor but i havent finished the original vanilla story yet. I have skat 15 armour but the upgrades dont spawn yet.  So my question is, will finishing the vanilla story affect the rest of my quests or should i finish everything else first? I want to experience everything i can as this is my favourite stalker mod so far.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:21

Hobo_sauce wrote:
Hey guys so I'm loving this game so far. I have finished fangs killer quest line, started find ghost, started black doctor but i havent finished the original vanilla story yet. I have skat 15 armour but the upgrades dont spawn yet.  So my question is, will finishing the vanilla story affect the rest of my quests or should i finish everything else first? I want to experience everything i can as this is my favourite stalker mod so far

It's only after you complete the vanilla storyline that the main storyline kicks in properly. So far you've only been playing around the edges of the game... Wink
Back to top Go down
Hobo_sauce
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:26

Sword2012 wrote:
Hobo_sauce wrote:
Hey guys so I'm loving this game so far. I have finished fangs killer quest line, started find ghost, started black doctor but i havent finished the original vanilla story yet. I have skat 15 armour but the upgrades dont spawn yet.  So my question is, will finishing the vanilla story affect the rest of my quests or should i finish everything else first? I want to experience everything i can as this is my favourite stalker mod so far

It's only after you complete the vanilla storyline that the main storyline kicks in properly. So far you've only been playing around the edges of the game... Wink

Ohhhhhh see I didnt know that at all. Thank you! im gonna go destroy the c conciousness if thats still what its called.

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
td3005
Experienced
td3005

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 0:19

Go to the wish granter 1st if you havent been there yet.
Back to top Go down
Hobo_sauce
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 0:26

The wish granter? Doesnt that stop you from seeing the conciousness? There should be a game path guide just to show beginners what we should do to really start the new content lol. Im so confused. Anf my pda is broken. I got the fix your pda message long before i think i was support to and now my mini map doesnt show people near me, quest markers and i dont have contacts anymore lol. Halp lol
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 1:45

Hobo_sauce wrote:
my pda is broken. I got the fix your pda message long before i think i was support to and now my mini map doesnt show people near me, quest markers and i dont have contacts anymore lol. Halp lol

Make your way to the Bar. The techies there will sort you out - for a nominal fee of course... Wink
Back to top Go down
Hobo_sauce
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 1:48

Oh i did that and it was good for a bit but then it broke again. This time it wasnt like a scripted event. I loaded into wild territory and noticed the map went blurred. I went back to rostok and realized my pda wasnt picking up anyone around me. I can still see the tiny red number of enemies near me but it wont tell me anyone else. It also doesnt show me quest markers. My contacts section is empty evetywhere i go. I think its just a bug but ive being surviving anyways lol
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 9:17

Hobo_sauce wrote:
The wish granter? Doesnt that stop you from seeing the conciousness? There should be a game path guide just to show beginners what we should do to really start the new content lol. Im so confused. Anf my pda is broken. I got the fix your pda message long before i think i was support to and now my mini map doesnt show people near me, quest markers and i dont have contacts anymore lol. Halp lol

The problem with writing a new guide is that the game is still evolving as TecnoBacon develops and rebalances the story. It also takes a lot of time and effort to do it justice! One day...

TecnoBacon has now arranged the story so that we have to find the Wish Granter first, then return for the coded door and O-Consciousness. (I don't think you can reach the coded door any more before doing the Wish Granter, but it has been a long time since I went there first so I could be wrong.)

You should receive the PDA message
Spoiler:
If you got that fixed by the Bar techies, I don't know why your PDA would be playing up again. I suggest that you reload from a point where it was working correctly, or send your save game to TecnoBacon (stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com) and let him have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Hobo_sauce
Novice

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 16:01

I think im about 30 hpurs past when my pda broke again. Honestly it doesnt bug me that much and im having way to much fuj to reload that far back. I guarentee ill be playing this again and again so next time ill send in the save file. If technobacon reads this, this mod is amazing man! Youve done a stellar job here!

One last note: make the 104 tactical accept a supppressor please haha.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:05

Hi Hobo_sauce, the same thing imo happened to Grimwald in his YouTube series. After his pda had been repaired by the tech, its screen started to only show red dots. One possible solution is to get what I think may be called 'bioradar' and is an expensive device from Sak, which shows iirc enemies and friendlies and mutants. There is also from Sak a device that shows anomalies, and others sell cheaper versions of it. If I wished to test something, I made a full-save and obtained it. If I liked it, I carried on in the game, if not, I could reload to before the purchase. This was when I used to test for TB. I hope this is helpful, regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?   How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How necessary is completing the Vanilla storyline?
Page 1 of 1