StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Defend the Bar crash
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby Jowien Yesterday at 16:32

» Problem with RG6 and Kalmyak
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby Zetsuchini Mon 13 May 2024 - 15:37

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 12 May 2024 - 4:55

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Zetsuchini
Strelok needs to know what happens next... I_vote_lcapStrelok needs to know what happens next... I_voting_barStrelok needs to know what happens next... I_vote_rcap 
Jowien
Strelok needs to know what happens next... I_vote_lcapStrelok needs to know what happens next... I_voting_barStrelok needs to know what happens next... I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12554 messages in 1752 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Strelok needs to know what happens next...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

Strelok needs to know what happens next... Empty
PostSubject: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 11:20

Hay all, well, please tell me, what hapend to AX, after the storm, i found his bag, gave the labtop to the geags at the bar, got the info in it, where is AX, even got the info from freeman, but no AX. i have gone all over the maps, even the storm areas, no AX, not even a clue on him.Every one is brain dead in the game, just small jobs, no more big missions scratch
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 11:56

WhiteWolf wrote:
Hay all, well, please tell me, what hapend to AX, after the storm, i found his bag, gave the labtop to the geags at the bar, got the info in it, where is AX, even got the info from freeman, but no AX. i have gone all over the maps, even the storm areas, no AX, not even a clue on him.Every one is brain dead in the game, just small jobs, no more big missions scratch

The game is still being written, and you are pretty much at the end of what has been released so far.  There are a few more ZEP docs to find... I got to ZEP [28];  the game files suggest that there may be a couple more, but I ran out of clues. I think kd6dm has managed to get a bit further, but not by much. We will probably have to wait a bit longer to find out what Ax is up to and whether any of the NPCs from earlier levels will reappear.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 12:57

pchester wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

The game is still being written, and you are pretty much at the end of what has been released so far.  There are a few more ZEP docs to find... I got to ZEP [28];  the game files suggest that there may be a couple more, but I ran out of clues. I think kd6dm has managed to get a bit further, but not by much. We will probably have to wait a bit longer to find out what Ax is up to and whether any of the NPCs from earlier levels will reappear.

Hi pchester. How did you get to Zep 28, i only got upto Zep 25, andvthere is no clue to the next Zep file, only about AX gone awall lol.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 14:09

WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi pchester. How did you get to Zep 28, i only got upto Zep 25, andvthere is no clue to the next Zep file, only about AX gone awall lol.

If you read the text for ZEP [25] it mentions "a passage from here to another underground location". This passage starts at
Spoiler:

There are a few other NPCs to talk to and things to find - see the end of my Part 2 walkthrough. (There may be other things that I have missed, but this is as far as I was able to get.)...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 18:40

pchester wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

If you read the text for ZEP [25] it mentions "a passage from here to another underground location". This passage starts at
Spoiler:

There are a few other NPCs to talk to and things to find - see the end of my Part 2 walkthrough. (There may be other things that I have missed, but this is as far as I was able to get.)...

lol,you meen at the spot i found AX backpack ?
pcbester, nise layout, is there another or is this the compete one. love it downloaded it. p's i want part 1 please, so i can look and see if you have done your homework corectly 😀
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 19:05

No, not the backpack, the ZEP document. You said you had found ZEP [25], did you mean ZEP [24] (the final ZEP in the collector section)?

After Associate hacks the backpack, you get a new entry in your journal under Collector Journal: Agent 'X'. (bottom of page 258 in the walkthrough). If you talk to
Spoiler:

There are two parts to the walkthrough.

A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part One - Death Truck to Recon
(updated to document version 1.1 - 17 May 2019)

A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part Two - Recon to Reclamation
Current version 1.0. - 1 July 2019

Please note that this is still a work-in-progress. Sword is currently proof reading both docs against the game files, and when he has finished there will be an updated version incorporating any changes.

I am sure there are errors and omissions... it is just my record of one game, after all. If you spot anything, please let me know so I can correct it when I update it. (Sorry, no prizes, but you might get an honorable mention Very Happy )

Note: These links are 'stickied' at the top of the StalkerSoup Main Discussions forum.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jul 2019 - 7:57

pchester wrote:
No, not the backpack, the ZEP document. You said you had found ZEP [25], did you mean ZEP [24] (the final ZEP in the collector section)?

After Associate hacks the backpack, you get a new entry in your journal under Collector Journal: Agent 'X'. (bottom of page 258 in the walkthrough). If you talk to
Spoiler:

There are two parts to the walkthrough.

A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part One - Death Truck to Recon
(updated to document version 1.1 - 17 May 2019)

A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part Two - Recon to Reclamation
Current version 1.0. - 1 July 2019

Please note that this is still a work-in-progress. Sword is currently proof reading both docs against the game files, and when he has finished there will be an updated version incorporating any changes.

I am sure there are errors and omissions... it is just my record of one game, after all. If you spot anything, please let me know so I can correct it when I update it. (Sorry, no prizes, but you might get an honorable mention Very Happy )

Note: These links are 'stickied' at the top of the StalkerSoup Main Discussions forum.

Thanks for the link pchester, will do a fresh start and follow your travels through the zone, and if i get/find something you mist, I'll let you know.
Now, i did a update to the latest file, my game crash on opening it🤔 so a new fresh game play start is good i hope 😟 Did you have any issues on your side after you updated ?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jul 2019 - 10:04

WhiteWolf wrote:

Now, i did a update to the latest file, my game crash on opening it🤔 so a new fresh game play start is good i hope 😟 Did you have any issues on your side after you updated ?

I haven't had any problems (apart from seeing more in-game crashes than usual) but I started a new game with 1.1.0018. I only did so because I wanted to follow a complete game for my walkthrough.

Usually I will continue my old game unless I am still near the start. If you restart at every update, you may never reach the end of the game. However, if you can't load an old game you may not have a choice.

You should always start a new game ("Enter the Zone") after every update, but as soon as it has saved you should be able to return to your old game. Starting a new game creates a new file called all.sav, which makes sure that any changes are incorporated into your game.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Crash on loading new version   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jul 2019 - 14:23

WhiteWolf wrote:
Above post:
Hi WhiteWolf, before applying updates, it is a good idea imo, if you save your present saves to a separate from the game folder. Install the new version exactly according to Sword 2012's instructions, if you wish to preserve the game you are playing copy the whole Stalkersoup folder to a separate disk with a different folder name eg oldsoup and remove any shortcuts from your desktop screen.
When setting up after the cleaning, after installing the game, make sure you include Aleks1970's shaders update. Start the game as new in DX9 mode and check you can have the first conversation with Astrologer. Check to see if the game has saved, if not, make a full save then you can put back your most recent save from the previous version, reload, set up your options and advanced options and hopefully all will be well. If in the meantime you have succeeded in loading the latest version: wonderful. All the best. TrueB

Last edited by Sword2012 on Mon 8 Jul 2019 - 19:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jul 2019 - 22:56

TrueB wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Above post:
Hi WhiteWolf, before applying updates, it is a good idea imo, if you save your present saves to a separate from the game folder. Install the new version exactly according to Sword 2012's instructions, if you wish to preserve the game you are playing copy the whole Stalkersoup folder to a separate disk with a different folder name eg oldsoup and remove any shortcuts from your desktop screen.
When setting up after the cleaning, after installing the game, make sure you include Aleks1970's shaders update. Start the game as new in DX9 mode and check you can have the first conversation with Astrologer. Check to see if the game has saved, if not, make a full save then you can put back your most recent save from the previous version, reload, set up your options and advanced options and hopefully all will be well. If in the meantime you have succeeded in loading the latest version: wonderful. All the best. TrueB

Hi TrueB, you say download - (Aleks1970's shaders update), where do i get that, i normally just do the (updateSS), and if need, i kleen out all stalkersoup files after i saved my game log and so on, do a fresh load, update to latest files, play the first part till i get to Doc, save, and if the All Safe is on, i add my game play logs back into the new files.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2019 - 2:23

WhiteWolf wrote:
(Aleks1970's shaders update), where do i get that, i normally just do the (updateSS), and if need, i kleen out all stalkersoup files after i saved my game log and so on, do a fresh load, update to latest files, play the first part till i get to Doc, save, and if the All Safe is on, i add my game play logs back into the new files.

DX9 should be working okay for you. If not, there's a problem in your game installation

If it's just DX11 (or Extended) that doesn't work, then download Aleks' fix from here

It comprises five new files to add to your gamedata\shaders\r2 folder

You'll need to Start a New Game again to incorporate them, then go back to your earlier save

BTW, you don't need to go as far as Doc. Once you've finished talking with Astrologer, you should see your STALKER START and ALL saves...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Strelok needs to know what happens next   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2019 - 5:04

WhiteWolf wrote:
TrueB wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
Above post:

Hi TrueB, you say download - (Aleks1970's shaders update), where do i get that, i normally just do the (updateSS), and if need, i kleen out all stalkersoup files after i saved my game log and so on, do a fresh load, update to latest files, play the first part till i get to Doc, save, and if the All Safe is on, i add my game play logs back into the new files.
Hi WhiteWolf, when you write "add your 'game play logs back into the new files" do you mean 'saves' or 'game play logs' for imo you should not put previous game play logs into an upgrade, only the last save from your previous game. I hope this helps, regards, TrueB.

Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2019 - 14:00

TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Hi trueB, yes thelastpart, I have dune this for a long time, but never got to the end till now, so, ill kick start Strelock and run true the zone agian, till a new/ exstention comes in, as you know, i still need to find ax, got a bulled with his name on it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strelok needs to know what happens next...   Strelok needs to know what happens next... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strelok needs to know what happens next...
Page 1 of 1