StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Defend the Bar crash
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby Jowien Yesterday at 16:32

» Problem with RG6 and Kalmyak
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby Zetsuchini Mon 13 May 2024 - 15:37

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 12 May 2024 - 4:55

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Zetsuchini
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_vote_lcapMake sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_voting_barMake sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_vote_rcap 
Jowien
Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_vote_lcapMake sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_voting_barMake sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12554 messages in 1752 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cullinaire
Novice

Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Empty
PostSubject: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2019 - 0:19

Just an announcement for the benefit of new players - I performed all of the recommended installation instructions EXCEPT for the installation of the XNA framework. The instructions wording made it seem like this was optional.
However, I could not get the game to run UNTIL the XNA framework was installed!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeTue 19 Nov 2019 - 12:05

cullinaire wrote:
Above post:

Thank you, cullinaire. This will be clarified in the 1.10020 version of the Installation Guide
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: XNA Installation   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 9:59

Sword2012 wrote:
cullinaire wrote:
Above post:

Thank you, cullinaire. This will be clarified in the 1.10020 version of the Installation Guide

Hi Sword.
Please advise what the XNA is and if I need it. Running 0019.1 from today, hopefully.
All the best,
TrueB.

Experienced
joy division

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 10:12

This happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 12:04

TrueB wrote:

Hi Sword.
Please advise what the XNA is and if I need it. Running 0019.1 from today, hopefully.
All the best,
TrueB.

Hi TrueB

Here's the relevant extract from the 1.10019.1 Installation Guide
Like Pokemon characters, it's best to have them all...

Guide instructions re Visual C and XNA Redistributables:
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: XNA Framework   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 15:36

Thanks Sword,
These are obviously necessary.
Spoiler:
Have you found any negative effects on computers with these added, please? As usual I look forward to your reply. Thanks and regards, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 15:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 17:10

Previous post:

A quick search reveals that the XNA files are not compatible with Windows 10

As this is beyond my area of experience, I suggest you refer to the Windows 10 section of the Installation Guide below, which contains a compiled selection of contributors' experiences (most notably from kd6dm) with getting the game working

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2020 - 21:44

Read this thread with interest, as the XNA framework is only needed for games that were developed using the Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0 program. This is used primarily for XBox games and other games developed to run on various Windows platforms. It's a dead technology abandoned by Microsoft in 2016, and is not supported in Windows 10. I am not aware that it is required by StalkerSoup.

I do not have the XNA Framework installed on my Windows 10 computer, and StalkerSoup runs fine. I have no idea why cullinaire couldn't run StalkerSoup until after installing XNA.

Anyway, glad you got StalkerSoup running OK, cullinaire.

EDIT: If it's needed for Windows 7, that's a new one on me. Interested to hear from TB or Aleks on this one.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2020 - 4:12

Installing the XNA framework solved a particular crash I'd get upon attempting to start the game for the first time. As you said, it's probably not the entire framework that is required, but perhaps 1 or 2 libraries out of the entire installation that I may have needed and not gotten elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!   Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make sure you have the XNA framework installed to run the game properly!
Page 1 of 1