StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 May 2024 - 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Fofyhead
Hello Irradiated Stalkers I_vote_lcapHello Irradiated Stalkers I_voting_barHello Irradiated Stalkers I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
Hello Irradiated Stalkers I_vote_lcapHello Irradiated Stalkers I_voting_barHello Irradiated Stalkers I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TrueB
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Hello Irradiated Stalkers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PapyStalker
Experienced

Hello Irradiated Stalkers Empty
PostSubject: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2021 - 18:24

Hi all Loners, Freedomers, Dutyers, ...

This is the third attempt to finish StalkerSoup
- First Narodnaya Solyanka
- Second StalkerSoup 2016
- Now the Last Download from Technobeacon (1.1 Rev 19 Micro patch 1)

Nerver been able to finish the Game.

Actually I'm fighting with the fact that I don't have any emission during the game except those that are scripted. So there is no new artifacts and some quests are really difficult to finish because of no artifact respawn.

Any help appreciated
Regards

\PapyStalker
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeThu 22 Apr 2021 - 20:56

Hi PapyStalker.

There are currently few (if any?) random emissions in StalkerSoup. I think TecnoBacon said some time ago that this was a deliberate decision because of memory issues with the game’s 32-bit engine. Hopefully random emissions will return when the game is moved to a 64-bit engine.

Despite the lack of emissions, artefacts may respawn after a time (or new ones appear, I’m not sure which…). Fortunately most artefacts can be “cooked” in anomalies if you know the recipe – and artefact recipes are learned from NPCs or from documents found as you progress through the game. You can cook all of the artefacts that you will need during the game - either to use yourself or required for tasks - once you know the recipe.

Finding 'wild' anomalies to use for your cooking can be a chore, so I recommend buying Artefact Capsules from Adrenalin and some other traders. You can use these to create your own anomalies in a convenient place. There are seven capsules in all, and I like to set them up in a line somewhere close to my main stash (but away from NPCs!).

Manually dropping recipe items into an anomaly is tricky, but once you have Kuznetsov’s Transmutator device artefact cooking becomes easy. You just open the Transmutator in front of an anomaly and it will tell you the recipes that you know for that anomaly and even how long they will take to cook – which can be anything from five minutes to several hours. Then, if you have the required ingredients, it will begin the cooking process for you.

Please note that a new patch is expected fairly soon, and Aleks has warned us that this will require a new game.

Fofyhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
PapyStalker
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 14:29

Thank you Pchester,

Ok for the few random emissions but I'm at the 13th day of game time but no random Anomaly yet and no artefact respan. Maps I already visit are really empty from either artifacts or npc.

I got a new symptum yesterday, sudently the npc counter under the minimap stop counting npc and i don't get any spot in the Minimap. Hopefully, I have the BIORadar so I can 'see' ncp or opponents but it look strange.

Regards,
\PapyStalker
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 16:50

PapyStalker wrote:
I got a new symptum yesterday, sudently the npc counter under the minimap stop counting npc and i don't get any spot in the Minimap. Hopefully, I have the BIORadar so I can 'see' ncp or opponents but it look strange.

Regards,
\PapyStalker

Missing info on the minimap has been reported before, but I can't remember if anyone found a fix. If someone knows more about this issue, please let us know.

In the meantime, I can only suggest reloading an earlier game where the minimap was acting correctly, and playing on from there. If the same thing happens again, make a note of where you were and what you were doing when it stopped working.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 22:16

pchester wrote:
Missing info on the minimap has been reported before, but I can't remember if anyone found a fix. If someone knows more about this issue, please let us know

Here's one fix pulled from the forum that works for me, if the HUD, minimap, or crosshair doesn't display, or stops identifying NPCs

Go into the console (default ~), type ‘hud_info on’ then ENTER
---
PapyStalker, it would be good to know what OS you're using, and if you used the Installation Help Guide to install your game

Because StalkerSoup is based on tech from a decade ago, it can have problems with modern systems; and the Guide explains how to resolve them in the installation process

But as pchester suggests, unless you're happy to continue with your game until the new patch comes out and starting again, it'd be best to wait until then - because the new patch will necessitate a new start to get the best out of it

It's been over a year in development, it'll have a load of known bugs resolved, it'll make a lot more sense, it'll be a lot more immersive, and it'll be out soon Very Happy

The Installation Guide is here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PapyStalker
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2021 - 14:40

Hi Sword 2012,

I'm using Either Windows 10 or Windows Server 2019 to play StalkerSoup depending what OS I'd booted and what I need to do with my computer. I am an IT Freelance and have some Powershell Scripts to develop for my customers.

I followed the Installation Guide provided and up to now no bugs except No Random Emission and the NPC Counter that stop working.

I love this StalkerSoup and I would like to be able to finish it this time.

BTW I have friend (FRench) that play Stalker but does not read English so he cannot play StalkerSoup

I Did not find any FR Translations or the Game. So I have a lot of free time (Due to Coronavirus Pandemy) these coming month so If Game Developers can provide the Files to be translated, I will translate it to French. (And of course I will have something to do) ...

Best Regards to all irradiated Stalkers.

\PapyStalker
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2021 - 14:55

PapyStalker wrote:
I Did not find any FR Translations or the Game. So I have a lot of free time (Due to Coronavirus Pandemy) these coming month so If Game Developers can provide the Files to be translated, I will translate it to French. (And of course I will have something to do) ...\PapyStalker

Thank you for your extremely kind offer, PapyStalker. I'll contact you privately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Irradiated Stalkers   Hello Irradiated Stalkers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Irradiated Stalkers
Page 1 of 1