STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPP1 - Ghost won't move
by pchester Today at 22:53

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by chucksar Today at 19:08

» Disappearing transitions
by pchester Yesterday at 12:10

» Those morons Huck and Chuck...
by nemisis1842khann Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:03

» Monolithian Teleporter...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:42

» Flasks and containers...
by Nokoyou Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 23:40

» Getting the PDA from Bolt, the mercenary
by yusufhamdan Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:05

» How do I get inside the Fiery Cave?...
by Nokoyou Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 22:26

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

Nokoyou

identical123

Sword2012

Rat Catcher

Blind_doge

yusufhamdan

nemisis1842khann

chucksar

kaplumbaga

Statistics
We have 265 registered users
The newest registered user is patmartins

Our users have posted a total of 3088 messages in 311 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri 13 Oct 2017 - 10:55

Share | 

Limit to the number of tasks to take on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 17:39

Just as matter of interest is there a max limit to 'tasks to do' before
 the games throws a wobbly, like ATP help tubby with bandits, collect
 the disc, find the tools, oh and find that suite possibly, probably they
 do not fit together in the story line, but I assume you know were I
 am coming from with task limit.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 19:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

There isn't a task limit as such, but if you have too many active tasks it is easy to get lost. I try to finish as many tasks as possible before moving on to a new area.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 20:09

There used to be, and probably still is a limit, and you'll be warned with a serious in-game message concerning your memory usage. When this happens you can't even cook Recipes...

For the sake of your progress alone, it's not good to have too many outstanding jobs on the go. It can damage your reputation as being a starter but not a finisher, it can cause you to do jobs out of sequence, and it can certainly play havoc with the game's memory, forcing you along an emergency path you wouldn't normally have taken, just to clear out some of these tasks before you can take on more...

I try to limit my own task list to about 6-10, just to stay focused Wink
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 20:53

OK Sword, many thanks for that, just that some things to be done are multi from the same
person, like the items from yantar, 2 are simple and one the other side of the game, so
you have to store stuff before you are over loaded, but see as you under stand this I will
work within those limits, the atp is one area that collecting all the tools are to heavy with
all the other weapons, ammo and the rest, or that huge weapon from yantar, I had to dump
gear in the box so as to do the task, but thanks for all that info.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 22:24

Its best to get tasks completed as much as possible as you work on each map, don't get too far in the storyline without completing tasks as it can cause problems later.

2 peoples tasks I know that have to be done right away is Fox and Mole or they disappear.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 9:51

I have not had a problem with Fox but Mole, yes the last was getting his pda from the tunnel,
I ran into the pseudodog with the multiple images it did some damage, to get away I ran into
the tunnel and killed my self with an anomaly, restarted and got the pda went back to mole to
find him gone, I thought i'll see him DV but no, checked a few times to see if he appeared but
no, so I used a bit of coding to remove the task from the list as completed, but I have not had
and problem with any tasking apart from the bag/box not being in place, but over come this
with a restart or reentering a map most times it works.

Its amazing some time to find this game very complex with out realizing it, not doing some thing's
affect far down the road..and oh c..p, back to square one.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 10:27

well the reason I said fox is because he wandered off when ya get too far in the storyline, I saw him enter swamp map when I was thier and then to agroprom transition and his icon was stuck in agroprom if ya wait too late to do his missions
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 14:28

One other thing to keep in mind with completing tasks is that the reward for many of them is an artifact transmutation recipe. Some are necessary to advance the NS storyline. E.g., the Rattle for the immortal Monolithian in the Labyrinth, Simbion for Barkeep.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 14:41

Also if one is not quick on early tasks kostya will wander of but he will come back to garbage
and then rostock though, I read recently you can grow all of the artifacts in on place so you
do not need to go hunting, got to give that a try..all good fun..what
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 0:19

Also if one is not quick on early tasks kostya will wander of but he will come back to garbage
  and then rostock though, I read recently you can grow all of the artifacts in on place so you

kostya messed up on my 110015 playthrough, I got the cordon and garbage cache done but he wouldn't talk to me anymore when he got to rostock
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 1:08

kostya messed up on my 110015 playthrough, I got the cordon and garbage cache done but he wouldn't talk to me anymore when he got to rostock

Hi _Nite_, you need to finish a few more quests/tasks, then you ask Barkeep if anyone's looking for you. He will send you to Kostya, who then sends you on your merry way. Short break in Kostya's quests.

Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 2:04

Hi _Nite_, you need to finish a few more quests/tasks, then you ask Barkeep if anyone's looking for you. He will send you to Kostya, who then sends you on your merry way. Short break in Kostya's quests.

pchester mentioned this to me already but barkeep had nothing to say, what quests will trigger the barkeep dialog? thats the problem with this game sometimes, the player doesn't know what tasks to complete before dialogs appear on people.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 9:27

True about order of tasks I have Kostya's bag in a tree..Sakharov item in x10 control room...
Barkkeep turn the gizmo off... and le havre find merc's body... er? got a dice handy, I
suppose there is a ideal order, or s.d it just jump in and that will kill four tasks, er yes.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   Wed 1 Nov 2017 - 21:55

Quote :
pchester mentioned this to me already but barkeep had nothing to say, what quests will trigger the barkeep dialog? thats the problem with this game sometimes, the player doesn't know what tasks to complete before dialogs appear on people.

I'm not sure. Used to be Cordon > Special Goldfish > Garbage > x18 > Upon return talk to Kostya again. In my last complete game, 11014.1, it was right after I returned from x18, I had the dialog to ask Barkeep if anyone was looking for me.

Good luck.

PostSubject: Re: Limit to the number of tasks to take on?   

Back to top Go down

Limit to the number of tasks to take on?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1