STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Controllers brain
by WhiteWolf Today at 15:09

» Storage for MO. Just an idea...
by WhiteWolf Today at 4:41

» Kostya immobile...
by WhiteWolf Today at 3:47

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by Wolf Urine Yesterday at 17:40

» Suslov's ingredients for the Soul Cube
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 20:16

» CTD when going to Rostok after delivering documents from X-18 to Akim.
by sjohnson Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 18:55

» Update SS problem
by nemisis1842khann Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 15:37

» Constant CTD at Broken Road, Green Smoke...
by WhiteWolf Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 13:40

April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

nemisis1842khann

pchester

sjohnson

Nokoyou

Chef-70

sf67n20

Wolf Urine

Sword2012

Statistics
We have 463 registered users
The newest registered user is KissMyDupa

Our users have posted a total of 5194 messages in 573 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Duty guard at the entrance to Radar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 18:05

I have put this problem up before but cannot find it to update it,
 There is a duty guy moving up and down the road from pripyat gate
 to the road blocks at radar turn, every time I got through there, I
 have tried every thing to remove him, his name is Sema Led, I tried
 all the offered ideas to no avail, spawning all sorts of creatures to see
 if they will kill him but they all come after me instead, I've shot him
 from a long way away, but duty hates the sight of me afterwards ,
 how they no its me ! sid's options will not work he's not interested,
 when I get round to bringing vitamin and his crowd down again, well,
 is it just my game or has any one else encountered it, is there a way of
 removing him with a bit of coding, perhaps TB or any one has an idea,
 help please.......
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 18:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have put this problem up before but cannot find it to update it, There is a duty guy moving up and down the road from pripyat gate to the road blocks at radar turn, every time I got through there, I have tried every thing to remove him, his name is Sema Led, I tried all the offered ideas to no avail, spawning all sorts of creatures to see if they will kill him but they all come after me instead, I've shot him from a long way away, but duty hates the sight of me afterwards ,how they no its me ! sid's options will not work he's not interested, when I get round to bringing vitamin and his crowd down again, well,  is it just my game or has any one else encountered it, is there a way of removing him with a bit of coding, perhaps TB or any one has an idea, help please.......

I think it is because Duty won the battle at the crossroads after you turned off the Brain Scorcher. Depending on the result, there can be up to four surviving Dutyers, or up to four surviving Freedomers.
The difference is that Duty just run up and down the road every time you walk up it, whereas Freedom stop around the camp fire at the top. Whichever group you have in your game, I would just ignore them.

One way to kill an NPC without repercussions is to drop an explosive barrel or two in his path and then shoot them from a distance when he is up close. As long as you only shoot the barrels, any collateral damage to the NPC is ignored.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 21:08

Hi pchester.....barrels going boom , will have to get some petrol cans and or gas bottles,
you cannot pick up the red barrels thats short of cheating, just got to find enough not some
thing I had noticed though, there's some red barrels on the hill can I get them down, this
could be fun, going to give it a try one way or another, not got round to bringing vitamin down
yet, so got some time, I'll be back....thanks
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 23:55

Ctl-Shift-F ("F" or whatever key you assigned to "Grab", mine is "E") should allow you to "grab" and drag objects, including barrels.  It's a buggy keystroke combo, but will work if you keep trying.

Why do you want to be rid of him?  I have at least him (5 Duty in my current game!) there and have been able to work around the only task with which he appears to interfere.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 9:51

Hi sjohnson,

The problem with the duty guy being there is when the squad of freedom turn up they
kill him and I get the blame, the duty at garbage and at the bar are all anti me, in fact
all duties friends are anti me, as pchester said about the squabble they had was an
annoying situation as I could not intervene as they showed up as all friends (ie green),
but I will give your method a try after I get this sids head sorted, thanks any way...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 11:37

Ah, that's what I thought. What I do is to stop before getting to the intersection to allow the Dutier time to leave the area, outside of the Freedomer detection radius.

If you stop soon enough but not too soon, the Dutier will clear the intersection and Vitamin's Freedom squad won't even know he's in the area.

I use my bioradar - as soon as I see the Duty blip I stop and wait about 30 seconds.  Without bioradar you'd need to use trial and error to know when to stop (Duty NPC spawns but is outside of Freedom's detection radius).

The Duty NPC heads for the camp at the Radar/Prypiat transition which is outside of Freedom's detection capability so once there you can proceed to head for the WarLab without conflict between Freedom and Duty.

Now, if any of you can tell me how to keep Freedom from holding me accountable and hating me for Vitamin's squad choosing to enter WarLabs through an anomaly and all dying, let me know.  It's not like I can move the anomaly out of their way and say, "This way, gents!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 15:09

My problem with that duty man was I got him to the top of the hill behind the coach, 'good gone',
brought the squad down and they all stood around like zombies and suddenly the duty guy just
appeared in the middle of them, needless to say what happened, but I will try the exploding
barrels idea, 'not my fault mr duty, honest sir'

Regarding your warlab problem the last time I got down there with his squad and vitamin told
go in and kill all the dogs, I was expecting pop back out side and tell them to go in, instead vitamin
was in the rest room at the bottom and all the others were wondering around in side, so were the
anomaly is, perhaps some one with better knowledge of this game can help .

Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Tue 27 Mar 2018 - 15:14

My duty guy(s) stay up at the top until the next level load, when they run back up again.  Interesting.  The Vitamin/WarLab mission would seem to have more than one glitch/bug.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 14:16

Well regarding my duty man running up and down for no good reason seams to have had
an accident with some fuel drums, fancy putting those drums by the fire, well its not my fault,
well not according to duty head at the bar,,,sad....
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 15:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well regarding my duty man running up and down for no good reason seams to have had an accident with some fuel drums, fancy putting those drums by the fire, well its not my fault, well not according to duty head at the bar,,,sad.... 

"Oh dear, how sad, never mind." (a quote for the oldies among us!  geek )
Better not tell 'Elf & Safety, they'd have safety barriers around the fire and blocking the exit before you can say "Good Hunting...".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duty guard at the entrance to Radar   

Back to top Go down

Duty guard at the entrance to Radar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: