STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dead City, Parfumer and Doctor.
by pchester Yesterday at 20:57

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by pchester Yesterday at 16:27

» How to go to Fang?
by Chef-70 Yesterday at 9:06

» Special armor questions..
by sjohnson Yesterday at 8:47

» Which weapon fires 9x18mm +P+
by Chef-70 Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 9:08

» Flasks at Army Warehouses
by Hipster Doofus Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 1:08

» The Heart of the Poltergeist
by sjohnson Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 9:58

» Generators and 'switch distance'
by kd6dm Wed 11 Jul 2018 - 22:23

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Rat Catcher

Sword2012

sjohnson

pchester

Alphabet Soup

joy division

Chef-70

Statistics
We have 538 registered users
The newest registered user is kohike

Our users have posted a total of 6259 messages in 717 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Wombat_70

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 17:23

Hi guys, i started to do a test in the normal game mode, as i finished the collectors free play mode. i'm still running around in the first 5 maps, cordon, garbage, acraprom, dark valley and rostock. now i find a few things, the dialog on a few is not responding, sidorevich(night star), guard at garbage(flesh eye), Bes in dark valley(suit), then Jumping from dark valley to garbage, game crash. any idea how i can get them to give me a dialog.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 19:49

You didn't mention the Caves, have you been there? That should have been your second area to visit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doing a test". Are you following the story, or are you using the teleport menu to jump around?

The teleport menu should only be used in an emergency (e.g., if you get "stuck in the scenery") and should never be used to teleport to a new area before you are supposed to be there. Many tasks are programmed to become available only when certain earlier tasks have been completed. Others will progress only when a particular trigger point is hit. It is very easy to mess up your game by teleporting past a trigger point or by taking on a job before you are supposed to.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 21:17

Agree with pchester. For instance, Bes won't even know about a suit if you don't speak with him about his need for a suit after neutralizing the bandit attack in the vehicle lot in Garbage.

Follow the story line, there are no shortcuts.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 21:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You didn't mention the Caves, have you been there? That should have been your second area to visit.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doing a test". Are you following the story, or are you using the teleport menu to jump around?

The teleport menu should only be used in an emergency (e.g., if you get "stuck in the scenery") and should never be used to teleport to a new area before you are supposed to be there. Many tasks are programmed to become available only when certain earlier tasks have been completed. Others will progress only when a particular trigger point is hit. It is very easy to mess up your game by teleporting past a trigger point or by taking on a job before you are supposed to.

yes did the cave, and testing the game, meaning, doing everything step by step, looking for hiccups in the game and complaining over it (reporting) to you guys (moderators) not using teleports.I found the problem i had, and i think a lot of the players that had/have this problem is because of, you mist a section, meaning, there is one thing you forgot to do, like in my case, i found this one guy i forgot to collect a payment from him, and after that, all the sections that did not respond with a dialog opened and i could finish that points that i could not do.

Agree with pchester.  For instance, Bes won't even know about a suit if you don't speak with him about his need for a suit after neutralizing the bandit attack in the vehicle lot in Garbage.

Follow the story line, there are no shortcuts.

Yes, i agree, it is not a rush game, but you can miss something without noticing it, and so you will have to retrace you movements, look at wat you did and go and fix it. i played this game a few times, still losing track of things, missing one section can throw you of track, and then you have to backtrack to find where you slipped up.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 21:50

Unfortunately, the time to ask for side mission help in, say, Cordon generally is not after you have reached Rostok.

Help *may* be available for main story line issues long after event progress, but side missions don't have enough "meat on the bone" to help unless help is requested before progressing to another series of tasks. Even then, the help may consist of suggesting reloading the game to a save before the task is offered, or backtracking as you put it.

The Caves is the only pre-requisite for the Night Star side mission, which is one reason why pchester brought it up.  If you've been to the Caves and completed the storyline there, Sid should offer the Night Star mission on your first visit with him.  Once you've gone on to do other tasks for Sid, that side mission may or may not still be available.

In that case, the only "fix" that I know is the backtrack (reloading to just before talking with Sid the first time).
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Mon 16 Apr 2018 - 22:43

Also, "game crash" doesn't tell us much. I literally had a CTD 2 minutes ago, in the Dark Valley to Garbage transition. But, an autosave was created which loaded up just fine on restart.

That's not much of a crash, and it one that happens all the time for me (and, I suppose others). It's when the same crash happens more than once that troubleshooting may help.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 0:26

In that case, the only "fix" that I know is the backtrack (reloading to just before talking with Sid the first time).

There's a point at which, after doing a major job for Sid, and he no longer 'owns' you, he advises you not to be a puppy dog for all and sundry, and focus on getting to the Wish Granter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.   

Back to top Go down

Normal game mode, beginning, no dialog.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: