STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Collector: 1st Agroprom stash location
by PhilH231 Today at 21:06

» My dead ends
by sjohnson Today at 21:02

» Pripyat. Meet the loners.
by sjohnson Today at 20:59

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by zone Today at 19:56

» Kostya's x18 stash
by sjohnson Today at 19:56

» Sidorovich mission Military suit
by Chef-70 Today at 16:14

» Screw and Spanners
by meadle Today at 15:54

» Suits for Akim (Spoilers!)
by nemisis1842khann Today at 10:53

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

nemisis1842khann

meadle

sjohnson

PhilH231

shipss45

Sword2012

joy division

Rat Catcher

TecnoBacon

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5760 messages in 658 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Storage for MO. Just an idea...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 4:41

Well, last time the photo did not work, what do you guys say, can this work.
JUST AN IDEA:

EASY TO WORK FROM:

Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 19:00

Your base is an interesting idea, but (speaking as a non-programmer) I think it would be difficult, if it is even possible, given the limited modding tools in Stalkersoup. Having said that, if you think you can do it, then go for it. When you have something to show, send it to TecnoBacon and he will decide if it can be added to the game.

As for the backpacks, everyone has their own ideas about how they want their stashes arranged. However, Aleks has warned that having large stashes containing a lot of items can cause game stability problems, even CTDs. Basically, we build up multi-bag stashes at our own risk! affraid
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 20:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Your base is an interesting idea, but (speaking as a non-programmer) I think it would be difficult, if it is even possible, given the limited modding tools in Stalkersoup. Having said that, if you think you can do it, then go for it. When you have something to show, send it to TecnoBacon and he will decide if it can be added to the game.

As for the backpacks, everyone has their own ideas about how they want their stashes arranged. However, Aleks has warned that having large stashes containing a lot of items can cause game stability problems, even CTDs. Basically, we build up multi-bag stashes at our own risk! affraid

Yes i hear you, and if i had a clue how to go about doing it, i would of done it, but, i was just thinking, instead of the amount of bags lihing all over, it would be nice to have a save, setup like the way my bags are set up, not all items mics up into one bag or one trunk or 15 bags, just one save, everything in its own section. You move the stuff you need, and then move your save to where you want it.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Fri 20 Apr 2018 - 2:42

i was just thinking, instead of the amount of bags lying all over, it would be nice to have a save, setup like the way my bags are set up, not all items mics up into one bag or one trunk or 15 bags, just one save, everything in its own section. You move the stuff you need, and then move your save to where you want it.

As far I understand what TB has said, the biggest problem would be getting the engine to count everything in your stashes, regardless of the customised graphical representation of how they look

Even if someone was able to create the graphics, you'd still expect everything in your stash room to be stored there safely, without anything disappearing between visits

The problem with this 32 bit game is that it simply wasn't designed to have an unlimited number of items in one place, which is why TB has suggested a maximum limit of a thousand stored items in one area

This may sound a lot, but you can use up 5% of this instantly with 50 antirads. Add 50 bandages, 20 boxes of each of your favourite ammo, 20 of each mutant body part, and you haven't even got to your rifles before your available capacity disappears, the engine starts to strain, and you get a repetitive CTD from which you may never recover your save

This should all change once TB completes the 64 bit engine, and then some plucky designer may create the graphical equivalent of an anomalous interdimensional spatial storage system that you can dip into from anywhere in the Zone... cheers
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Fri 20 Apr 2018 - 3:23

Dipping into (dip=snuff) my stash. Notice the storage behind me.  You think I have 1,000 tins of snuff?:
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Fri 20 Apr 2018 - 9:35

i was just thinking, instead of the amount of bags lying all over, it would be nice to have a save, setup like the way my bags are set up, not all items mics up into one bag or one trunk or 15 bags, just one save, everything in its own section. You move the stuff you need, and then move your save to where you want it.

As far I understand what TB has said, the biggest problem would be getting the engine to count everything in your stashes, regardless of the customised graphical representation of how they look

Even if someone was able to create the graphics, you'd still expect everything in your stash room to be stored there safely, without anything disappearing between visits

The problem with this 32 bit game is that it simply wasn't designed to have an unlimited number of items in one place, which is why TB has suggested a maximum limit of a thousand stored items in one area

This may sound a lot, but you can use up 5% of this instantly with 50 antirads. Add 50 bandages, 20 boxes of each of your favourite ammo, 20 of each mutant body part, and you haven't even got to your rifles before your available capacity disappears, the engine starts to strain, and you get a repetitive CTD from which you may never recover your save

This should all change once TB completes the 64 bit engine, and then some plucky designer may create the graphical equivalent of an anomalous interdimensional spatial storage system that you can dip into from anywhere in the Zone... cheers

Well, my game play is running still smooth at this moment, had a few crashings in Army Warehouse, and a nice one when i had to take out the Merks yesterday attacking the bar area, lost all that cash and items from the dead, just got the guns that was lihing around. Cannot wait for the 64 Bit engine. do you have a idea when it will be released.
Keep snuffing Stalker lol! .
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   Fri 20 Apr 2018 - 9:42

From TecnoBacon's STALKERSOUP home,
Also with your continued help as Friends of STALKERSOUP (FSS) there is a very good chance that we may see a 64 bit version of the xray engine as early as this year!

If or when someone provides an end-user extensible graphical environment is anyone's guess. This person's guess is "Never" but I may certainly be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storage for MO. Just an idea...   

Back to top Go down

Storage for MO. Just an idea...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: