STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Collector: 1st Agroprom stash location
by PhilH231 Today at 21:06

» My dead ends
by sjohnson Today at 21:02

» Pripyat. Meet the loners.
by sjohnson Today at 20:59

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
by zone Today at 19:56

» Kostya's x18 stash
by sjohnson Today at 19:56

» Sidorovich mission Military suit
by Chef-70 Today at 16:14

» Screw and Spanners
by meadle Today at 15:54

» Suits for Akim (Spoilers!)
by nemisis1842khann Today at 10:53

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

nemisis1842khann

meadle

sjohnson

PhilH231

shipss45

Sword2012

joy division

Rat Catcher

TecnoBacon

Statistics
We have 498 registered users
The newest registered user is ljh56444

Our users have posted a total of 5760 messages in 658 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

shipss45

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Maples and the Cordon antenna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Mon 14 May 2018 - 18:08

Just running back through the saves as some thing is missing,
  I looked at the walkies and it says maples should have asked
  for an a psi antenna near the death truck, reading up all that
  he did say, there was nothing about this antenna in cordon,
  he gave the lab x18  to warlab connection, but that's all, has
  that been changed in the updates, there seems a fair few
  changes when you make contact with fang and what the
  walk through says should happen.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Mon 14 May 2018 - 18:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just running back through the saves as some thing is missing, I looked at the walkies and it says maples should have asked for an a psi antenna near the death truck, reading up all that he did say, there was nothing about this antenna in cordon, he gave the lab x18  to warlab connection, but that's all, has that been changed in the updates, there seems a fair few changes when you make contact with fang and what the  walk through says should happen.

Have you reached the part where you
Spoiler:

Stalkersoup continues to be modified as TecnoBacon and Aleks work to improve game balance issues and solve task clashes. The walkthroughs (especially older ones like Plesskyn's) are still good as guides, but they will all be out-of-date in places and I wouldn't depend on them to control my gameplay.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Mon 14 May 2018 - 22:00

Hi pchester
Regarding the spoiler that's a no, the walk through's are as you say past there sell by date,
but if you do some following of there whats supposed to happen and when, that screws the
sequence of what should happen due to SS evolvement , as you go further down the line well
well in to the game and some thing is suppose to happen according to the WT, and you find
your self in a cul-de-sac and the gate is shut behind you, there's a great deal of frustration,
well there is from me, like at the mo I cannot get fang to give me access to red forest but has
already said about it and the documents, the WT has said you should be in there doing the
jobs like ridding of the enemies on the bridge and getting fangs doc's, this has come about
of following to some what, what the WT tells you to do, as there are so many avenues to go
down at any one time so the game flows for your enjoyment, also things like I had with recon
and cyclops and modest in the village, I gave the game a good shake so to speak were do you
or what do you do to be heading in the right direction, because the street map is obsolete and
you used to go down there and now its a pedestrian precinct and you have a 20 ton truck, I
realise there is still a lot of russ/ukrainian dialogue that needs sorting and when you translate,
you have to fit it in and make it make sense and fit with previous translation that can effect
happenings some way back and forward, I suppose it might be better to ignore the WT's as
much as possible due to there miss direction and SS massive changes for various reasons,
thanks for the reply and the directive.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 11:16

Wow, that's quite a sentence...

You have to complete two quest lines before Red Forest will open up:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 14:52

Many thanks for that pchester, I have been wondering if one has not got on board the
freedom gold ingot, when say like the modest's appearance totally defunct and I spawned
him to make rabi's drop in to the scheme of things, because when I tried the drink in the
old village to make modest appear i did not have it on me, and they said you are not one
of us, how important in the flow of things is that gold bar, obviously not near any duty of
course but in other scenarios.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 15:03

Interesting. The first thing I do is to drop/cache the Freedom ingot so as to avoid conflicts with occasional and/or regular Duty. Never had a problem with NOT having it.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 15:28

Hi sjohnson
Why I thought that the ingot appeared important was that when I spoke to
the stalkers in the village they said 'you are not one of us' so I went and collected
the stashed ingot to test the water so to speak, with the stalkers in the village, and
as modest was already there I got a different attitude with what they said, as a matter
of interest when do you get that gold bar, what happened to get it given I cannot find
the point of acquisition, I know who gave it but what did I do.
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 15:43

Vitamin gives you the Gold Bar as a reward for helping him take over Warlab.

I also stash the bar as soon as possible, just in case I forget and carry it into Duty territory. However, considering its effect on Duty, it would make sense if carrying the bar improved your relations with Freedom if it was low. I have never had that response from Joker, but all of Freedom are usually friendly to me by that point so I have never needed to try.

One way to find out if a faction has become unfriendly is to use Sid's "How can I get on better terms..." dialogue. After he explains his prices, you will see a list of any formerly friendly or neutral factions that have become hostile. If there are no problems, your only dialogue option is "No, forget it".
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 17:23

hi pchester
Aha yes that's it good old vitamin and all those b....y dogs, the very existence of it
must mean some thing fairly important in the story line , as it makes some even more
hostile to you, possibly trigger some important attitude in doing a task, but as it has
not upset any others tasks, but i will give sid a try , in your list you mention 'cat' thats
one I am not familiar with, were do's he come into things.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 17:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],

Like pchester implies, the gold bar effect may have to do with your Freedom relations.

I've played games where Freedom base turn enemy and non-based Freedom turn neutral, seemingly through no action on my part.  The bar may play an important role at that point, as you imply!

Im most of my games, Freedom are ALL friendly at the point of the Modest contact, so the bar seems to have no effect.

One point I've noted about STALKER, and SS in particular, is that although the tech is aging, the game is often surprisingly non-linear! bounce
Back to top Go down
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 17:42

You should have already met Cat if you did the Rabinowitz mission. Cat is the person who gives it to you. It sounds as if you have been skipping chunks of the game, which could be why some things haven't been triggering for you.

It starts when you first visit the Swamp. One of Clear Sky leader Sviblov's tasks is to find a PKM in the old farm in the north east. When you sneak in and find the weapon, hunters attack the bandits. The Hunter leader is Dan. He sends you to meet Cat, who thinks there are Monolith in the Swamp. Cat has several tasks for MO, ending up with the search for Rabinovitz.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 20:09

Well I would not say I have been missing out major parts, if I get to see some one and they say
like go to the swamp or yantar I go there, and talk to all of the main players and do there fetch
and carrying, like you cannot go to swamp till fanatic gives you the transition, I understand that
is the way to get to any level works, you cannot go down x18 till you get the key, so again I am
missing out any thing its just making sure you do all what the main players want to get the
transitions,
or go and see others that your told about and the same applies, that's all I have been doing, but
there was the problem I had with cyclops, he had to have a shake to get the riddle, I will say that
there appears some thing is wrong with my game set up, because as you say it appears to take
large leaps in the flow of the game and stops dead, I do not want to but it would seem that a
total wipe out and clean SS out completely and get a new version with all the proper patches
installed, up to the latest any way, its not like a app that can be checked for errors so if there
is a major glitch some were it can be repaired, can all the files be checked for errors probably
one at a time, my self I would think not because of the structure of so many files, as I say an
ordinary app is usually one possible large file, if I chase out a complete rebuild who is the best
site for this option.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 22:30

Previous post:

Hi nemisis1842khann

If you follow the step by step instructions here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it'll show you how to get the files, and do a file check before installing

The important thing is to follow the instructions one step at a time, and don't jump any. If you get stuck please let us know at which step you're having a problem. This will make it easier to work out what's wrong...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   Tue 15 May 2018 - 22:50

And, from personal experience, what Sword2012 states WILL be worth your time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maples and the Cordon antenna   

Back to top Go down

Maples and the Cordon antenna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: