STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» New Website - Heavy under construction!
by Alphabet Soup Today at 1:34

» X-16 Kostya stash.
by zone Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 23:56

» UPDATE 110017
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 21:02

» Error message and help/support subforum
by TecnoBacon Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 18:17

» Backpack bursting. Shoddy goods?
by kd6dm Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 14:51

» Sakharov's bag at NPP
by vf14 Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 6:57

» Too easy game - make harder
by sjohnson Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 0:45

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Warezz.K Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:13

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TecnoBacon

vf14

sjohnson

Alphabet Soup

Warezz.K

TomaszTheOctopus

pchester

Gery D.

zone

Anax Atreides

Statistics
We have 522 registered users
The newest registered user is CapitN_KANG

Our users have posted a total of 6050 messages in 686 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
StalkingStealthy
Zombie

PostSubject: Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...   Sat 9 Jun 2018 - 16:25

Hello everybody,

i just read through the forum but couldn't find anything resembling my problem.
It is quite an annoying issue - if I choose DX9 mode, the graphics get... kinda "grainy", it leads to some kind of very transparent overlay, which is always there and quite distracting...

On the other hand playing at any mode higher than DX9 fixes the grainy overlay issue, but leads to quite a number of graphical effects missing. For example there is no heat blur on burner anomalies and no air distortion at gravitation anomalies and many more....

Did anyone of you encounter something like that?

Specs::

I followed the installation guide (many times now, fresh installs did not fix it...)

Any suggestions? Thank you very much! Just want to play the game in full beauty... pale
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...   Sat 9 Jun 2018 - 17:38

when you launch the game the launcher moves the appropriate shader configs for the mode chosen so you must use the launcher. this sounds like your problem so if using the launcher to run the game go to gamedata\r2\shared\ and make sure there is a common.h and shadersettings.txt file present. There will also be a common.h in the r2 folder for the extended dx11. If these folders or files are missing then you have a versioning problem. Send the user.log file to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you still have a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
StalkingStealthy
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...   Sat 9 Jun 2018 - 19:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
when you launch the game the launcher moves the appropriate shader configs for the mode chosen so you must use the launcher. this sounds like your problem so if using the launcher to run the game go to gamedata\r2\shared\ and make sure there is a common.h and shadersettings.txt file present. There will also be a common.h in the r2 folder for the extended dx11. If these folders or files are missing then you have a versioning problem. Send the user.log file to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you still have a problem.

Hi TecnoBacon,
Thank you for the fast reply! I just un- and reinstalled Stalkersoup (starting with Setup 1.1.0012 and after installation updated to 1.1.0017). Unfortunately still the same behaviour.
Files present:

I'll send in the user log. Again thank you very much!

Edit: Those files are present like that while playing in DX11 Extendet Mode.

Edit: I just noticed something else, which I think is related to this issue - any additional lighting effects (especially those of active burner anomalies) lead to the shadows, which are cast or affected by that light, being "squared" on their borders. This happens only in DX9-Mode (along with the mentioned "grainy" overlay on the screen).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...   

Back to top Go down

Missing graphical effects in DX11, while DX9 is bugged...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: