STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A possible bug?
by pchester Today at 15:22

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by sjohnson Today at 4:14

» Problems in Reconoitered Territory
by pchester Yesterday at 14:53

» Cobblestone / Artefact Guide request
by Sword2012 Yesterday at 13:40

» Which weapon fires 9x18mm +P+
by vf14 Tue 17 Jul 2018 - 23:11

» Dead City, Parfumer and Doctor.
by pchester Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 20:57

» How to go to Fang?
by Chef-70 Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 9:06

» Special armor questions..
by sjohnson Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 8:47

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester

sjohnson

Alphabet Soup

Sword2012

vf14

Rat Catcher

zone

Chef-70

joy division

Statistics
We have 540 registered users
The newest registered user is zakhad

Our users have posted a total of 6287 messages in 719 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

nemisis1842khann

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Did this game damage my eyes?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 1:17

heya guys its been a long time since I been here, I got a cateract back around October of 2017 and I was playing this game at the time it happened when I was helping with testing, so thats why I havn't been active for the last year. I had surgery done on my eye april of this year and I havn't recovered fully yet I still have a bit of a blur in my right eye.

My guess is how my eyes got damaged is due to the bright flashes when walking through all the teleporter shortcuts, so you might want to add a warning about that or figure out another method for teleports.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 2:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
heya guys its been a long time since I been here, I got a cateract back around October of 2017 and I was playing this game at the time it happened when I was helping with testing, so thats why I havn't been active for the last year. I had surgery done on my eye april of this year and I havn't recovered fully yet I still have a bit of a blur in my right eye.

My guess is how my eyes got damaged is due to the bright flashes when walking through all the teleporter shortcuts, so you might want to add a warning about that or figure out another method for teleports.

Hi _Nite_
It's good to have you back  cheers

My partner had cataract operations on both eyes over the last year, and her eyesight is now very much improved as a result. In her case the cataracts been building up over many years, until her eyesight became so bad that her optician had to recommend surgery instead of spectacles, and she had to take the plunge of having the operations

It was terrifying for her, but the hospital waited several months between operations, until the first eye had fully recovered, and she can now see better with both eyes than she'd done for decades - because she simply wasn't aware she'd had cataracts all this time

Each eye took about a month to recover, and she became hyper-sensitive to sunlight and bright lights, having to constantly wear sunglasses during this time

She too was left with a blur after the second operation, which the hospital said was normal, and she had to go back for a third op to get rid of some leftover tissue that was causing the blur, after which everything was fine

Hoping this helps you...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 10:47

U/V light ove time (age) is the main culprit in cataract development according to my ophthalmologist. I've had one corrected and am scheduling the other. It's like becoming a kid, again. Colors and sharpness of vision have no comparison between before and after.

Highly recommended operation IMHO.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 11:31

Yea the color quality is much better and everything is much brighter in the eye I had worked on and Yes I too am very senstive to bright light now, but my recovery didn't go too well, 4 months later and still have the blur in the right eye as well as some inflamation, I am still on drops from the eye doctor, and they help keep the inflamation down. but not 100% and the blur is like right in the direct center of my right eye, I have to use my left eye to read text now Sad

but anyway I just wanted to point out as much as I love this game, I can't play it anymore unless something can be done about the bright flashing when walking through teleports
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 12:18

Yea the color quality is much better and everything is much brighter in the eye I had worked on and Yes I too am very senstive to bright light now, but my recovery didn't go too well, 4 months later and still have the blur in the right eye as well as some inflammation, I am still on drops from the eye doctor, and they help keep the inflammation down. but not 100% and the blur is like right in the direct center of my right eye, I have to use my left eye to read text now Sad

I hope you're reporting this to your ophthalmologist or hospital, because they'll have replaced the lens at the center of your eye, and there definitely shouldn't be a blur there

Even consider a second opinion, because my partner had to see a different optician to get a hospital referral for her unoperated-on 'good eye' which was also developing a cataract. The first optician recommended spectacles with a corrective lens for her 'good eye', and no lens at all for the one that been recently operated on

The second optician said this was ridiculous, and recommended a second operation on her 'good eye' (which had a lesser-developed cataract) to help her brain balance them out better

This turned out to be the right choice, and she now has perfect sight in both eyes, with spectacles now only needed for her really close-up, miniaturist work...

In all, she needed four operations, the second two to laser away the remaining tissue that was causing a blur after the first operations, though they said that this only happens to a small percentage of patients...
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:47

As to bright lights causing issues, until my correction was made it was extremely painful for me to drive at night, the lights were all points of pain. I could see that an incomplete surgery or one that left/created lens artifacts would do the same. I'd never had such pain, before.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 17:26

_Nite_ wrote:

Hi _Nite_, also wanted to welcome you back, and add my reassurance that it's extremely unlikely, and nigh on impossible that Stalkersoup was the cause of cataracts. As stated by sjohnson and Sword2012, ultraviolet light and age are the main culprits in cataract formation. Modern flat screen monitors do not emit uv light. Older CRTs did, but at a very low level compared to the sun, and even to fluorescent lights, (which do emit some uv light).

uv light creates free radicals in the lens of your eyes, which as you age, contributes to cataract formation. Cataracts are a normal part of aging, but proceed at a different rate in different people. I'm 72, and have "pre-cataractal" changes in my eyes. Ophthalmologist says I will need cataract surgery in 5-10 years. My Dad was 91 when he passed, and had no measurable cataract changes, so one never knows.

I'm very sorry to hear about your complications, and hope you will take the advice of a second opinion. You are needed back in the Stalkersoup Testers Group!

PostSubject: Re: Did this game damage my eyes?   

Back to top Go down

Did this game damage my eyes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: