StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 May 2024 - 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Fofyhead
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_vote_lcapWill Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_voting_barWill Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_vote_lcapWill Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_voting_barWill Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TrueB
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Empty
PostSubject: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Oct 2021 - 9:51

Well the topic is addressed in the question and as it appears not all Windows 10 PCs will be eligible to load Windows 11, will the version matter? It is relevant to anyone buying a PC who plays  Stalkersoup and also may need Windows 11 for eg work from home. In only 3 days many who have auto upgrades may find it loaded, but it occurs to me a good precaution might be to backup the entire main Stalkersoup folder to another drive internally so nothing is lost, should any issues arise in relation to Stalkersoup's functioning.

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct 2021 - 1:57

I am testing it now on my Alienware Area 51 with 2070 nvidia. So far it works very well with my LAA version of the engine which will be in next patch.
Be sure to run the windows health check to determine if your machine is compatible before doing the upgrade.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Oct 2021 - 9:41

TecnoBacon wrote:
I am testing it now on my Alienware Area 51 with 2070 nvidia. So far it works very well with my LAA version of the engine which will be in next patch.
Be sure to run the windows health check to determine if your machine is compatible before doing the upgrade.

Hi TB,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I was reassured by the manufacturer that my i9 11th generation will be compatible but being "belt and braces" I will certainly follow your advice and check compatibility.
Glad to know you have given it a try. Thanks and Regards TrueB

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Oct 2021 - 17:37

WARNING, in windows 11 AMD Ryzen cpus are showing approx 30% reduction in performance as well as overheating which causes permanent damage to the cpu. AMD is aware of the issue and is trying to solve it so you should wait until a fix is introduced.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct 2021 - 11:15

TecnoBacon wrote:
WARNING, in windows 11 AMD Ryzen cpus are showing approx 30% reduction in performance as well as overheating which causes permanent damage to the cpu. AMD is aware of the issue and is trying to solve it so you should wait until a fix is introduced.
Hi TB, have you tried Stalkersoup in An Intel PC yet, please? I look forward to your reply, Thanks and Regards TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct 2021 - 13:38

Personally, I think that unless someone is an 'early adopter' by nature, it's always best to wait until the bugs have been removed from any new operation system

As Microsoft can't test every system, or combination of hardware, software, and hybrid peculiarities like Stalkersoup, they'll leave it to the early adopters for feedback and continue developing the OS until it's eventually as mature as Windows 10 has finally become (and which will be supported until 2025)

So unless you're desperate for a new feature of Windows 11 that can't be obtained any other way, and bearing in mind that Windows 11 isn't officially complete anyway, I'd suggest giving it a year or more to settle before clicking on the 'Update' button, so that any potential problems can be fixed through other people's experience - especially as you'll only have 10 days to revert back to Windows 10...

If you're concerned about your PC updating automatically, a simple but comprehensive program like 'WinAero Tweaker' will stop this dead

In the meantime, until an update has been tested thoroughly in the wild, it's better to stick with the devil you know...  Twisted Evil

---
On a different topic, StalkerSoup was rated 53 out of 46,979 mods on ModDB today Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Strelok981 and fantomas like this post

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work with Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2022 - 11:25

Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Hi Sword, this is in my opinion good advice, for in a channel I have followed for years, the commentator is still seemingly unhappy with it. I did try migrating but felt that Stalkersoup played better in Windows 10 Pro. I will continue to follow your advice. Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jun 2022 - 20:55

TrueB wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Hi Sword, this is in my opinion good advice, for in a channel I have followed for years, the commentator is still seemingly unhappy with it. I did try migrating but felt that Stalkersoup played better in Windows 10 Pro. I will continue to follow your advice. Regards TrueB
Hi all. Well, i dont know if win 11 can give poblems with the stalkersoup game as i play it with new  laptop win 11 and after i deleted the file with latest update, and reinstald the game just to 1.10019, i have no problems with the game. I did 90% of the first pats from Cordon to Rostok, jantar, dark Valley, ATP, Acraprom, and the swamp. I feel it's more a error in the latest patch, and i know, the team are working on that, so we can get that new patch. Thanks to all trying to get the new patch fix, and, in my eyes, this game stalkersoup is my top number 1, 100% rated game i love to play over and over, love it.  Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? 1f44d  Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? 1f4af
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2023 - 8:34

TrueB wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Hi Sword, further to your advice when I  disabled the T.M.P, I see there are some changes in my opinion to Windows Pro 10 that seem to me to suggest, it could be a good time to retry Windows Pro 11 which I hope will run Stalkersoup whenever it is next updated. Unfortunately though my system is totally clear - as far as I know, of Stalkersoup and its data etc, I no longer have anything to put me back in the game. I have updated my TMP and the boot setting and am getting the message from Microsoft that I can freely upgrade to Windows Pro 11, I  feel like a wine party goer who forgot to bring.some plonk!  
Hopefully the situation will redress itself. Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2023 - 12:17

Hi TrueB. Sorry, but as this is an old post, would you please remind me what T.M.P. is?  scratch

And judging by the poor quality of Microsoft's patches over the past year, IMO it's still too early to move to Windows 11, unless you really need its new features - assuming they actually work...  No

Though the latest major 22H2 patch for Windows 10 is working well, the 22H2 patch for Windows 11 is still causing problems around the world... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Will Stalkersoup worrk in Windows 11   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Feb 2023 - 8:51

Sword2012 wrote:
Hi TrueB. Sorry, but as this is an old post, would you please remind me what T.M.P. is?  scratch

And judging by the poor quality of Microsoft's patches over the past year, IMO it's still too early to move to Windows 11, unless you really need its new features - assuming they actually work...  No

Though the latest major 22H2 patch for Windows 10 is working well, the 22H2 patch for Windows 11 is still causing problems around the world... Evil or Very Mad
Hi Sword. T.M.P is a module fitted into some motherboards. Mine has one. As you say, the post is old and I was trying to find out what the reply had been. In my opinion if I recall correctly there was some remark recently about some withdrawal of support for parts of Windows 10. Anyone reading this should explore for themselves as I am uncertain about the comment. However it was about withdrawal of updates ... in April this year. So I got to thinking about moving to Windows 11. 2 of the items required were the module and Secure Boot. On my Asus ROG motherboard, it only involved making a few changes and all is working fine. I am not totally sure but the last time I tried Windows 11, it was on my old motherboard, if so, it should still be possible. If Stalkersoup becomes a 64-bit game, then it may be further expanded, so having Windows 11 or even Windows 12, may literally be a "game-changer". I haven't read of problems with with 22H2 in W11 but will certainly research this, my friend. Apart from Microsoft reminding me that my machine is Windows 11 elligible, just having it ready allows for the jump as and when. I think this a good precaution especially if Stalkersoup uses Windows 11 as its basis. Thanks and Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?   Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Stalkersoup work in Windows 11?
Page 1 of 1