StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Is StalkerSoup completed?
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapStalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 I_voting_barStalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12537 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

StalkerSoup installation problems...

Go down 
+16
WhiteWolf
havran12
sjohnson
kaplumbaga
DragonMaster
pchester
Rat Catcher
TecnoBacon
rusty_shackleford
TrueB
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
kd6dm
EridanusAlpha
bisousbisous
Aleks1970
Sword2012
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bisousbisous
Novice

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jun 2017 - 10:02

Sword2012 wrote:
Until Aleks1970 modifies the Installer, the only thing I can see that looks out of place is your installation folder of 'Programs 2'

Try removing the space, in case Windows or the Installer has problems with it, or just call the folder 'Games', so that your installation path is D:\Games\Stalkersoup

Let us know how it goes, please Smile

No dice. It's not that big a problem though, I can wait a couple of weeks for the installer to be fixed. I have a backlog I've been meaning to go through anyways.
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017 - 23:56

I have those messages...

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Error10

And...

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Error210

I've been able to play it before without any problem, but... there's no luck this time... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:08

Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

As a matter of interest, how come your StalkerSoup game is named 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl'? instead of 'STALKERSOUP'?

Surely there's got to be a clue there... Wink
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:50

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

As a matter of interest, how come your StalkerSoup game is named 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl'? instead of 'STALKERSOUP'?

'cause i paste there the files of the folder StalkerSoup, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is where i install the main game, and StalkerSoup is where the files of the installation of the mod are.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 1:36

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

'cause i paste there the files of the folder StalkerSoup, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is where i install the main game, and StalkerSoup is where the files of the installation of the mod are.

Stalkersoup is NOT a mod for SoC. It's a full game in itself, includes a highly modified version of the XRay engine, and is definitely NOT meant to be installed into an SoC folder...

Please see the installation guide here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 3:36

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

Stalkersoup is NOT a mod for SoC. It's a full game in itself, includes a highly modified version of the XRay engine, and is definitely NOT meant to be installed into an SoC folder...

Please see the installation guide here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It gives me the same message... No, it tells me that i don't have that dll... MSVCP100.dll, scratch!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 11:29

Arthoryum wrote:
It gives me the same message... No, it tells me that i don't have that dll... MSVCP100.dll, scratch!

You may have had other files pre-existing in your folder, that the game didn't overwrite, but actually needs to work

May I suggest that you save your _appdata_ folder, totally delete the game and all its registry entries, and reinstall it from scratch following the guide to the letter?

If you need another installation of SoC, CoP, Clear Sky, Call of Chernobyl, Lost Alpha, etc then put them in their own folders. STALKERSOUP should be in a folder of its own, and not joined with any other game...
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 16:25

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

You may have had other files pre-existing in your folder, that the game didn't overwrite, but actually needs to work

May I suggest that you save your _appdata_ folder, totally delete the game and all its registry entries, and reinstall it from scratch following the guide to the letter?

If you need another installation of SoC, CoP, Clear Sky, Call of Chernobyl, Lost Alpha, etc then put them in their own folders. STALKERSOUP should be in a folder of its own, and not joined with any other game...

I'll see what can i do, thank you!!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:48

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

It also helps if Soup is installed on a separate drive preferably an internal SSD with sufficient space to allow for archived saves and screenshots.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 20:25

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

That dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, and is either missing or damaged. Try re-installing it from:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (32 bit)

and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (64 bit)

Install both. If the installer says it's already installed, then do a repair install. This dll is found in \Windows\System32, and not in the STALKER directory. For some reason, this is not an uncommon error with Windows 10.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 22:46

kd6dm wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

That dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, and is either missing or damaged. Try re-installing it from:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (32 bit)

and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (64 bit)

Install both. If the installer says it's already installed, then do a repair install. This dll is found in \Windows\System32, and not in the STALKER directory. For some reason, this is not an uncommon error with Windows 10.

Good luck.

Thank you so much, to everyone but in special to kd6dm, 'cause finally i can play the game without any problem... cheers I love you!!
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 19:19

Sword2012 wrote:
Spoiler:
bisousbisous wrote:
No dice. It's not that big a problem though, I can wait a couple of weeks for the installer to be fixed. I have a backlog I've been meaning to go through anyways.
bisousbisous wrote:
Any idea if the crash I was getting was looked at/fixed?

Please, try to download the 110012 version of the game from these topics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or:

and install without the double folder name like: D:\STALKERSOUP\STALKERSOUP\...
Run update program with the administrator rights and update into the 110013 version.

If you will still have a problems, attach here your log file which is into the: STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\logs\ your-name.log file!
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 3:19

Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 13:00

bisousbisous wrote:

It seems, that the xrGame.dll file is unreachable or missing from the bin folder.
I need screenshot of your STALKERSOUP folder and also bin (bin, bin_DX11 and bin_DX11_SweetFX) folders...
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 5:35

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 GNWwGoj
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 16:08

bisousbisous wrote:
Spoiler:

Date stamps of the files are ok.
Now I would ask you if you're ready to check/compare the permissions for the STALKERSOUP files and folders on your computer with this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
file Question

I have found some websites to read about the win10 permissions and their solutions:
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 17:08

HOLY SHIT IT WORKS AFTER USING THAT TAKE OWNERSHIP REGEDIT
StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Ss_nic10
THANK YOU

Edit:
@Aleks1970

One more thing, what does hardcore mode change in the launcher?
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 17:30

bisousbisous wrote:
Edit:
@Aleks1970

STALKERSOUP becomes a little harder than on the normal version...

Last edited by Aleks1970 on Tue 27 Jun 2017 - 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 17:32

Aleks1970 wrote:
bisousbisous wrote:
Edit:
@Aleks1970

STALKERSOUP become somewhat harder than on the normal version...

That much i guessed but I was just wondering about specifics like less ammo drops, guns get dropped in lower condition, etc.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 17:41

bisousbisous wrote:
That much i guessed but I was just wondering about specifics like less ammo drops, guns get dropped in lower condition, etc.

It will change the:
carrying capacity,
environmental immunity
weapons damage...
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jun 2017 - 1:12

Hi guys, general info for everyone installing Stalkersoup. Follow the good advice of Aleks1970, and sword 2012. Then, do 2 things:
1. Remove the read-only attribute from ALL files in your Stalkersoup directory.
2. Take Ownership like both aleks1970 and I recommended in previous posts.

Windows 10 is known to screw things up with permissions. As Owner, you should have full control over the Stalkersoup directory. Good luck to you.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jun 2017 - 1:26

kd6dm wrote:

1. Remove the read-only attribute from ALL files in your Stalkersoup directory.
2. Take Ownership like both aleks1970 and I recommended in previous posts.

Windows 10 is known to screw things up with permissions. As Owner, you should have full control over the Stalkersoup directory. Good luck to you.
Good advice and thanks, kd6dm

I'll ensure that it goes into the Installation Help guide Smile
Back to top Go down
rusty_shackleford
Experienced
rusty_shackleford

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Aug 2017 - 20:29

After building my new PC using the same operating system from my previous PC, the STALKERSOUP installation setup executable is telling me it is not compatible with my version of windows(? Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and will not allow me to install the game.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Aug 2017 - 20:51

rusty_shackleford wrote:
After building my new PC using the same operating system from my previous PC, the STALKERSOUP installation setup executable is telling me it is not compatible with my version of windows(? Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and will not allow me to install the game.
Would you explain what you mean by "using the same operating system from my previous PC"?

Did you install Windows 7 afresh, or did you migrate the old installed OS onto your new PC (which is a terrible idea!)

If it has a fresh installation, did you follow the Installation Help Guide to the letter?
Back to top Go down
rusty_shackleford
Experienced
rusty_shackleford

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Aug 2017 - 21:05

It's a fresh installation, and I've installed STALKERSOUP plenty of times before. Doing everything the same as last time. What I meant was it's the same OS version of Windows.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Aug 2017 - 21:31

rusty_shackleford wrote:
It's a fresh installation, and I've installed STALKERSOUP plenty of times before. Doing everything the same as last time. What I meant was it's the same OS version of Windows.

I also use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and in creating the Installation Help guide I listed every step I took when installing StalkerSoup

The guide was then updated to include every known problem others have encountered in installing the game

The latest online version is here

If you've followed the instructions to the letter and still have problems, please let us know so we can resolve it, because it'll be a new issue that needs adding to the guide...
Back to top Go down
rusty_shackleford
Experienced
rusty_shackleford

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Aug 2017 - 23:46

Okay, I believe the issue might be caused by the fact I still have my old HDD plugged into my PC that hasn't been formatted yet so I'm going to format that drive as I upgrade to Windows 10 today. I'll post when I am finished upgrading.

EDIT: Okay, no more previous error but now I get this:

StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 4lkJ2N4

I am in fact running as admin.

EDIT 2: The 1.1.0012 Game Verifier doesn't actually do anything for me either.
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 4:45

The game is in my e: drive and when I launch, I get an error saying the engine is missing and I looked in all the folders. Sorry, I'm such a pest.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 18:20

you are trying to run it from a shortcut, it probably needs to be recreated as the index to the hdd has changed
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 18:48

None of the folders have the xr engine in them. I think that's what it's looking for. I'll do a re-download and reinstall.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:25

rusty_shackleford wrote:
Okay, I believe the issue might be caused by the fact I still have my old HDD plugged into my PC that hasn't been formatted yet so I'm going to format that drive as I upgrade to Windows 10 today. I'll post when I am finished upgrading.
Spoiler:

I am in fact running as admin.
Create a new "StalkerSoup_installer" folder and move the installation program files:
STALKERSOUP game setup.exe
STALKERSOUP game setup-1.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-2.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-3.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-4.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-5.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-6.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-7.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-8.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-9.bin
STALKERSOUP game setup-10.bin
in the new folder...

rusty_shackleford wrote:
EDIT 2: The 1.1.0012 Game Verifier doesn't actually do anything for me either.

Move "STALKERSOUP 1.1.0012 Game Verifier.exe" to the "StalkerSoup_installer" folder an then start the Game Verifier program...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Sep 2017 - 16:37

Installed 1.10012 and it worked fine until I updated to 1.10014 setup. I continued from a save and my inventory showed military PDA's. Oh!! The update work...until I returned to Cordon....loading user autosave...Black screen of death...submit crash. Tried reboot of computer...same problem. Tried starting a new game...saw Doctor...took my medicine like a good boy...black screen again. Because of my advanced years, slow reflexes and instinctive fear of death, I play in God mode.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Sep 2017 - 16:59

Rocketman wrote:
Installed 1.10012 and it worked fine until I updated to 1.10014 setup. I continued from a save and my inventory showed military PDA's. Oh!! The update work...until I returned to Cordon....loading user autosave...Black screen of death...submit crash. Tried reboot of computer...same problem. Tried starting a new game...saw Doctor...took my medicine like a good boy...black screen again. Because of my advanced years, slow reflexes and instinctive fear of death, I play in God mode.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Bobby

This is not the update you are looking for.

It sounds as if you have the original 110014 release. This had an error which caused crashes when teleporting - which is what happens when you take Doc's medicine. There is a micro-patch to fix this. Download Aleks1970's revised updater here:
and it should install the micro-patch for you.
Back to top Go down
DragonMaster
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:11

Embarassed Please Help , I don't have an extra drive to put this game on , what do I do ?
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2018 - 20:16

DragonMaster wrote:
Embarassed Please Help , I don't have an extra drive to put this game on , what do I do ?

you need only 19 gb hard disc space.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2018 - 21:43

Sword2012 has put together an excellent STALKERSOUP installation how-to at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd thoroughly read Sword2012's how-to befor continuing.

Assuming Win10, ideally you want to re-arrange the main partition to include a new, 30Gb or so STALKERSOP partition that you own and install there. For instance, the standard "C" partion needs broken up into "C" and say, "E". I haven't done this for a while but DO NOT use the windows partition tool as it won't work for your needs. Some managers can be viewed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I'm not sure which to use.

If all that seems like a lot of work, at least make a C:\STALKERSOUP directory and assume ownersihip of it and all files under it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

StalkerSoup installation problems...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next