StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
ataberk222
Latest dialogue updates I_vote_lcapLatest dialogue updates I_voting_barLatest dialogue updates I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Latest dialogue updates I_vote_lcapLatest dialogue updates I_voting_barLatest dialogue updates I_vote_rcap 
TrueB
Fofyhead
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Latest dialogue updates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Latest dialogue updates Empty
PostSubject: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2018 - 17:34

Apologies for not keeping this section updated, as the most recent work has been the ongoing rewriting of the main storyline dialogues

But here's what's also been done in the Dialogues and Descriptions Department recently, to be included in a forthcoming dialogues patch

• pchester's complete rewrite of the 'string_table_arhara' file

• Five misleading clues in Collector corrected

• Changed most, if not all, Diary entries from the second-person perspective 'You need to [do this task]...'  to the more immediate first-person 'I need to [do this task]...'

• Finally completed the 'stable_repair_dialogs' file. Only 30 files now left uncompleted out of 154!

• Every individual SMS message (other than the few residing in the script files) is now in decent English cheers

• Not only that, but each SMS has been checked to be within the 196 character limit - so it doesn't crash the game when summoned Very Happy

• The main storyline dialogues have been rewritten up to the point where you need to get the Flight Recorder from the helicopter in Pripyat. In addition to radiation, this is an area of intense anomalous gobbledegook, but we're steadily pushing our way through the verbal sh*tstorm, further than any lexicological cryptologist has ever gone before...

NEXT

• pchester is now working to get each of the 600+ stash locations in the game into decent English, while personalizing them to each Stalker who left them...

• The 'kontroller_diaries' file contains recovered diary entries found on dead Controllers trying to expose what happened to them, and comprise 33 of the longest, most incomprehensible pieces of machine translation imaginable. Trying to get one's head around these, and into the mindset of the political prisoners writing them, is a veritable nightmare - but with 6 of them painstakingly rewritten by sjohnson, and another 8 extracted from LampGenie's recent translation in NS DMX, we're on our way to putting this absolutely diabolical file to rest...
Back to top Go down
Musketeer
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:20

Cant wait guys!
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
sf67n20

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeTue 16 May 2023 - 4:03

Here is my dilemma . While checking for updates at my StalkerSoup update file option, the new dialogues for 19.1 is available. I am running 19.5 and it is now stable. Will updating to the 19.1 diag. files cause a disruption?   Thank You !!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeTue 16 May 2023 - 9:04

sf67n20 wrote:
Here is my dilemma . While checking for updates at my StalkerSoup update file option, the new dialogues for 19.1 is available. I am running 19.5 and it is now stable. Will updating to the 19.1 diag. files cause a disruption?   Thank You !!

That's odd, because if you're playing 1.10019.5 you should already have the latest official version of the dialogue files

If you go into the Bar and
Spoiler:

If this doesn't occur, then your dialogue files are not up to date and you'll definitely need them

Usually, dialogue-only patches should not cause a problem with your game

There is a minor dialogue update due soon, but Aleks is in the process of integrating it with the new patch

sf67n20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
sf67n20

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeTue 16 May 2023 - 17:51

Quote :
Previous post:

Thank You ..I will do that asap and get back to you/forum .

sf67n20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Latest Dialogue Updates    Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2023 - 5:18

Sword2012 wrote:
Apologies for not keeping this section updated, as the most recent work has been the ongoing rewriting of the main storyline dialogues

But here's what's also been done in the Dialogues and Descriptions Department recently, to be included in a forthcoming dialogues patch
  • pchester's complete rewrite of the 'string_table_arhara' file

• Five misleading clues in Collector corrected

• Changed most, if not all, Diary entries from the second-person perspective 'You need to [do this task]...'  to the more immediate first-person 'I need to [do this task]...'

• Finally completed the 'stable_repair_dialogs' file. Only 30 files now left uncompleted out of 154!

• Every individual SMS message (other than the few residing in the script files) is now in decent English cheers

• Not only that, but each SMS has been checked to be within the 196 character limit - so it doesn't crash the game when summoned Very Happy

• The main storyline dialogues have been rewritten up to the point where you need to get the Flight Recorder from the helicopter in Pripyat. In addition to radiation, this is an area of intense anomalous gobbledegook, but we're steadily pushing our way through the verbal sh*tstorm, further than any lexicological cryptologist has ever gone before...

NEXT
  • pchester is now working to get each of the 600+ stash locations in the game into decent English, while personalizing them to each Stalker who left them...

• The 'kontroller_diaries' file contains recovered diary entries found on dead Controllers trying to expose what happened to them, and comprise 33 of the longest, most incomprehensible pieces of machine translation imaginable. Trying to get one's head around these, and into the mindset of the political prisoners writing them, is a veritable nightmare - but with 6 of them painstakingly rewritten by sjohnson, and another 8 extracted from LampGenie's recent translation in NS DMX, we're on our way to putting this absolutely diabolical file to rest...

Congratulations to you,  Sword, pchester and all the Dialogue Team, on a task well-done and towards your inevitable success. Many thanks for all your altruistic commitment and hard work. Best Regards TrueB

Novice
sf67n20

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2023 - 17:46

Quote :
Earlier post:

I finally had a chance to check with Sword's suggestion and Whaalaa , I am on page to continue with 19.5 revision(s). Garrick does speak to StalkerSoup in 19.5. Yea !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest dialogue updates   Latest dialogue updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest dialogue updates
Page 1 of 1