StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Defend the Bar crash
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby Jowien Thu 16 May 2024 - 16:32

» Problem with RG6 and Kalmyak
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby Zetsuchini Mon 13 May 2024 - 15:37

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 12 May 2024 - 4:55

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12554 messages in 1752 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Empty
PostSubject: Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines   Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep 2021 - 7:33

Hi,
In a variety of sources including Wikipedia and intrepid You Tubers, there are some in my opinion articles which could offer DLC ideas:
In the NPPC Chernobyl, in addition to the exploded power plant, there were 2 other functioning sites nearby, where if I recall correctly correctly they only closed about 2015, a third generator was never completed, so trains ran and people worked. Chernobyl the town carried on as did nearby Kiev. So an area such as Limansk could be duplicated but with normal life of cars buses people, but called Chernobyl. Hunting equipment stores could be introduced and Chernobyl be a staging area much like the Rookie Village. The difference apart from daily life could be eg places to sell artefacts as a border crossing for to work Chernobyl would be a fiction rather than historical fact. Thus it would be open to whatever modders can think of.
When the explosion in 1986 occurred the Pripyat area was subject to a mass evacuation in buses but the toxic radiation spillage whilst affecting the Ukrainian Zone, was far worse in Belarus and another Zone exists which can be found from You Tubers trips into the area. So a fresh Zone can be made.
One nice touch in Pripyat would be music. For music played throughout the evacuation and was not switched off though I understand is not on now. Perhaps a radio station might be interested?
The Red Forest was a forest which turned red but is now green mainly and some people who owned  land there have returned so as with the two female stalkers other safe havens could be introduced. In the Red Forest are mine workings which are very well modelled. Couldn't they be expanded including a possible downward cage from the pithead area ie downwards to a Metro like existence. Or along to some of the labs via transitions.
The area of NPPC Chernobyl in the game has radioactive what seem like dried up canals but this water system was only briefly drained for access to the destroyed reactor's base. There are some fishing YouTube videos set in this area of the Ukraine. In Metro Exodus there are some marvellously animated giant fish, including some called shrimps if I recall correctly. Lobster, squid, sharks could all become monsters if the water system gave alternative access to the NPPC in Stalkersoup.
I hope these few suggestions will be helpful  and taken up by DLC modders.
Regards, TrueB

Zombie
Akira

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines   Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2021 - 23:44

I like these ideas actually quite a bit. If I can add to the waterlife bit, I always found it weird how there aren't any mutated bugs walking around. Stalkersoup does have cockroaches, but it would be cool to see giant mutated horrifying abomination bugs. I'm getting chills just thinking about it, yikes!  Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines 1f631
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines   Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2021 - 13:09

If anyone does want to create DLC content along these lines, please contact Tecnobacon first to discuss your idea and work it into the storyline. We're always looking for help from enthusiastic coders  Very Happy

Several new mutants will be introduced in the next patch but, even in your current game, once you get past the Dead City into Level 1, you'll encounter the hunterantulas...  affraid

And if you want a music station, you'll find that Active Radio is already broadcasting to your PDA... afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines   Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines
Page 1 of 1